Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2020, 12:17 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times

Advertisements

The problem isn't the cost - I mean, Mueller is full, right? - it is supply (as mentioned by Austin97)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 09:34 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,128,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Do you feel it is intentional?

As for the two spouses making $100k thing, I get that.. I just say, the average true millennial makes nowhere close to $100k on their own let alone $200k household. I can't help but feel that the term Millennial, while is based on a generation, is being highly curtailed today to mainly include only the upper middle / upper class portion of the generation while the vast majority seems like it is alienated from the remaining factor.
millenial tech people do and those are the ones that can afford mueller (as well as lawyers, doctors, and other professionals).

I never said the average millenial could live in mueller, just that some clearly can.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:49 PM

11,804 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
millenial tech people do and those are the ones that can afford mueller (as well as lawyers, doctors, and other professionals).

I never said the average millenial could live in mueller, just that some clearly can.
I agree. I was speaking more on a national level in terms of developments similar to Mueller or urban gentrification essentially that it seems like urban areas nationwide are gentrifying, increasing density and providing developments in urban fashion to 'appeal' to most millennial's, but only obtainable by certain groups. Its not specifically just Mueller but the trend in general. It just to me seems like the term Millennial has been warped mainly only to include the higher income young / mid-age generation but not much is provided in terms for the middle class / lower income Millennial - in fact it seems like they are completely left out of the definition. It's almost like not only do you have to fit within a certain age bracket, but an income bracket as well to even be considered Millennial.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:38 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
you should have an agent that constantly monitors so you dont have to. Have your lending and all other approvals ready to go.
My financial status is nowhere near close to being pre-approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
The problem isn't the cost - I mean, Mueller is full, right? - it is supply (as mentioned by Austin97)

It’s not. They just opened Zach Scott all the way to manor. Now it wraps from airport to manor. There is lots of space and building is still happening.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:52 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post

It’s not. They just opened Zach Scott all the way to manor. Now it wraps from airport to manor. There is lots of space and building is still happening.
By 'full', I mean there aren't empty units just sitting around unsold or unleased. Whatever sellers are charging seems to be getting paid.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
By 'full', I mean there aren't empty units just sitting around unsold or unleased. Whatever sellers are charging seems to be getting paid.
There are a handful of new builds waiting to be sold. I saw several on my run last week. I'm not that up on the market to tell you how many days they're on the market or anything. Nor am I really interested.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post

I think what he is meaning, albeit a long shot but based on what I gather from him, he's constantly monitoring for bargains that randomly appear (and quickly disappear) so he may snag them if a favorable one comes about..

..I think what he's inferring is for an agent to monitor for a bargain, or something listed well below market value (possibly a foreclosure, divorce, job loss situation, ect) and have a pre-approval ready for what you can comfortably afford - not specifically on any property, but what works for you numbers wise - that way should said bargain match your pre-approval, you can grab it and close quickly...

For Mueller I'd say thats a long shot but it may be possible given the Pandemic.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:33 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,128,422 times
Quote:
I think what he is meaning, albeit a long shot but based on what I gather from him, he's constantly monitoring for bargains that randomly appear (and quickly disappear) so he may snag them if a favorable one comes about..

..I think what he's inferring is for an agent to monitor for a bargain, or something listed well below market value (possibly a foreclosure, divorce, job loss situation, ect) and have a pre-approval ready for what you can comfortably afford - not specifically on any property, but what works for you numbers wise - that way should said bargain match your pre-approval, you can grab it and close quickly...

For Mueller I'd say thats a long shot but it may be possible given the Pandemic.
Even hot markets have emergency sellers. In 2000 when the market was extremely hot, I bought my house for $350K. During the construction period, the prices went up to around $385K. The neighbor across the street (new house as well) got divorced and wanted to leave town fast. She sold her house for about 20% under market just to get out. Because of this for the next 15 years, the house was always tax advantaged. The owners probably saved thousands in property taxes as even though it was bigger by about 500 square ft than my house, 1 year newer, it was valued at about 25K less (still is).

Old 09-24-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:

And my point is, I'm not in the position to purchase, even in an emergency great purchase opportunity. There were a few affordable units that were available over the summer that, had I been ready, I would have jumped on. But with my finances I'd get laughed out of any loan officer's office.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:45 PM

I’m getting so tired of the power outages here .. every week it seems. I’ve contacted PEC multiple times. I went and bought a UPS for my PC and Servers. Well today my house decided to take me a ghost ride. My AC was off and my air compressor outside would randomly start running and shut off for no apparent reason. Never had that happened before. Next thing I know my lights inside the house start randomly shutting on and off .. all clocks reset, now everything is off and I’m in the dark on my cellphone. My UPS saved my PC and Server for a graceful shutdown.

I at first thought it was unresolved issues from my HVAC system and called them up blowing up on them but then checked PEC’s website and sure enough they’re having problems in my area.

Edit: Neighbors were having problems too, so it wasn’t just me. Power is back now atleast.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 09-27-2020 at 05:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin