Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM

176 posts, read 931,068 times

Advertisements

Not to stir the pot......

For those fine posters who don't believe in varmint shooting- do you also believe it's pc to let rats and mice overrun a building, or a city for that matter? I'm guessing if mice, rats, spiders, or any other pest ran across your kitchen floor, you'd be buying your rat poison just like everyone else. I'm not a hunter either (but I encourage my husband to fill the freezer!), but I am a member of the NRA and I'm all for lessening the pest problem in a humane way- shooting them is the quickest, painless, and most economical way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 11:10 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,247,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Bean View Post
People are varmints, the worst kind. They keep breeding uncontrollably. Bird flu should get them soon and settle things up.
If want the human "varmints" culled with Bird Flu you should set the heroic example by volunteering for a Bird Flu injection. Lead by example.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicskier View Post
Why?

I have lived in 7 states, from Hawaii to Wyoming; I have lived in 12 towns/cities from 3,000 persons to millions. Wyoming is the least friendly state of them all and my point was that "varmit shootin" is a commentary on what wyoming is really like. With over ten years in the state; graduating high school in wyoming, attending college in wyoming (before leaving for a far superior school to get my degree) and I only recently moved (2001) gives me much freedom in my point of view of the state.

If you do not like it, I am sorry. People come to this forum to better help them understand an area before they committ to a move or to get an understanding of what they have got themselves into. If you do not like what I have to say about "your" state them I suggest you ignore my posts.

Sweet. I am going to start posting on the Wisconsin forum with posts complaining about the "human varmints" that live there and how terribly unfriendly they are and how they should be culled with Bird Flu. I will go on and on and on about how everyone there is a crass killer and deserves to die of Bird Flu.

If you do not like what I have to say about "your" state them I suggest you ignore my posts.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 AM

74 posts, read 313,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Sweet. I am going to start posting on the Wisconsin forum with posts complaining about the "human varmints" that live there and how terribly unfriendly they are and how they should be culled with Bird Flu. I will go on and on and on about how everyone there is a crass killer and deserves to die of Bird Flu.

If you do not like what I have to say about "your" state them I suggest you ignore my posts.
That is fine. I do not live in Wisconsin anymore so have fun.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:01 PM

11,557 posts, read 53,322,530 times
logicskier ... so Boise and Idaho is so much better than Wyoming?

On what basis?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicskier View Post
That is fine. I do not live in Wisconsin anymore so have fun.
Thats fine. Tell me what state you live in and I'll do it there.

Or are you afraid to you have own rules played against you?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:00 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,164,575 times
Default Thought about it

I've got a 3x9 on my .17. I've been thinking about something stronger. Ideas?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:14 PM

74 posts, read 313,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
logicskier ... so Boise and Idaho is so much better than Wyoming?

On what basis?
Yes Boise is better! The metro area has 600,000 people, a vibrant economy (blue collar and white collar), international headquarters (Micron 10,000 employees, HP Laser Printer division 3,500 employees, Washington Group International which is one of the WORLDS largest engineering and construction firms, Simplot Agriculture), recently Microsoft and over 200 other high-tech companies, not to mention five hospitals with a 6th recently announced.

Oh, I forgot. Boise State University (yes my alma matter), 2007 Fiesta Bowl Champions, not to mention the Boise River meandering through town, nearly 30-miles of paved greenbelt bike paths in addition to hundreds of miles of street bike lanes, Lucky Peak Reservoir only 10-miles from downtown, a ski-resort with 1800 feet of vertical only 15 miles north of downtown, mountains rising 5000+ feet from the Boise Valley floor, NO WIND, almost no snow in the valley EVER, mild winters, progressive people, Sun Valley only a short 2-hour drive away, Tamarack Ski and Golf Resort (the newest ski resort in all of North America; President Bush even vacationed there last year) 1 ½ hour north, thousands of acres of natural open space just minutes from anywhere in the valley...

Man that is a LIST and just the tip of the iceberg. Oh yeah, and an airport that supports 3.5 million passengers a year (direct flights to Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, L.A., just to name few).

Sadly though, I may be transferring soon and have to leave this wonderful place. I hope that you can someday visit Boise. I did, and moved a year later from Casper.

Although, Wyoming introduced me to my now wife (best thing that ever happen to me) leaving the state was a blessing to me. Does Boise have its own problems? YES! No place is perfect, but the defensive nature people from Wyoming have is sometimes extreme and I am not a lone in this feeling. Here is a link to the Casper Star Tribune (Casper NEXT (http://www.casperstartribune.net/caspernext/ - broken link)). The Trib is currently conducting an online forum to gather input from current and past citizens on their thoughts and feelings on a number of issues. I think you will be very surprised by some of the feedback, even from those who still live in Casper/Wyoming.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:41 PM

I really think what is an attraction to one person may be a deterrent to another. Boise sounds awful to me because it's so huge. I don't need all that "culture", and the bigger the city, the more liberal it is. People think my area in WA state is so wonderful because it's so "diverse" (which means liberal, by the way), and because it's green and lush. I hate it here because the liberals have helped with the loss of good paying blue-collar jobs and have raised housing to ridiculous levels. And all this green, lush landscape comes from about 10 months of rain and gloom.
So- what is one's person's paradise could be another person's hell.
This is America- we can live wherever the heck we want to- if you don't like the area you live in- move and then stop bitching about someone else's town that they might just be proud of!

Old 06-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Before you tell me to move, then, I'll let you know that we are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming