Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,881,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim Jumper View Post
I guess there are no cowboys in WY? This trail is up the South Fork out of Cody WY.
Most of the cowboys are probably out working their livestock and either 1) don't have a computer or 2) don't have time to play on the computer.

The only rope throw that I have ever heard of is the Hoolihan. There is an old song that sings about going to Montana to throw the Hoolihan. But I have no idea whether there is a trail name with Hollihan in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:15 PM

380 posts, read 1,149,493 times
Default WHATS A Hoolihan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
Most of the cowboys are probably out working their livestock and either 1) don't have a computer or 2) don't have time to play on the computer.

The only rope throw that I have ever heard of is the Hoolihan. There is an old song that sings about going to Montana to throw the Hoolihan. But I have no idea whether there is a trail name with Hollihan in it.
wyoquilter right on give me the first name google if you need to

its an animal name starts with a b--eyeryone should give wyoquilter another shot-before answering-great guess

WoW Its offical, your now a cowboy(girl)
explain please what a Hoolihan is

Last edited by Claim Jumper; 08-25-2009 at 06:25 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 06:23 PM

215 posts, read 670,954 times
Answered the question but edited it so to give wyoquilter a chance. Sorry about that

Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
Answered the question but edited it so to give wyoquilter a chance. Sorry about that
Thanks, I think its only fair because when i came back from that trail i said to my folks what on earth is a Hoolihan? or who is he?
My mom knew--heard it at a rodeo i guess--said he just threw a Hoolihan.

ok, good 4 him

Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim Jumper View Post
wyoquilter right on give me the first name google if you need to

its an animal name starts with a b--eyeryone should give wyoquilter another shot-before answering-great guess

WoW Its offical, your now a cowboy(girl)
explain please what a Hoolihan is
Is it the Bobcat Hoolihan Trail?

The Hoolihan is as quote, • hoolihan: “A quiet, no-fuss rope throw for catching horses in a crowded corral--one quick whirl, a flat noose, and a head catch.”

Last edited by wyoquilter; 08-25-2009 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: spelled Hoolihan wrong

Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
Thanks for giving me another chance. I really had no idea what the trail might have been. I only knew that there was a rope toss called the Hoolihan.

I have no idea if my guess is right or not, so if it's not, then you deserve a whack at it.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:20 PM

215 posts, read 670,954 times
Well your answer is the same as mine was so I think we are probably right. Was not sure what a hoolihan was either but had heard the term used somewhere before.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Is it the Bobcat Hoolihan Trail?

The Hoolihan is as quote, • hoolihan: “A quiet, no-fuss rope throw for catching horses in a crowded corral--one quick whirl, a flat noose, and a head catch.”
YES it is BOBCAT Hoolihan Trail
I read a Hoolihan is twirled the opposite of a normal throw--counter-clock-wise? hmm CANT find the link
update Western Horseman Forums > hoolihan (http://forums.westernhorseman.com/lofiversion/index.php/t3001035.html - broken link)

Your turn wyoquilter

Last edited by Claim Jumper; 08-25-2009 at 08:48 PM..

Old 08-26-2009, 07:39 AM

Who was the winning designer of the WY state flag?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 AM

Wink I am a going to Montana to throw me a Hoolihan

Quote:

I am a going to Montana to throw me a Hoolihan (hmm, sounds like a party)

betcha this song was a big hit....I am surprised i have yet to hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming