Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 01:37 PM

34,390 posts, read 20,662,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A little Neanderthal was killed and mauled by a hyena 6 kmfrom where I live, The giant Hyena took to her a cave known as Cove of the Giants fulled with oses of rhinos, all sotrs of hervivores and gin lions - a very bad neighboorfon,

Now..the girl died 57.000 years ago, other Neandertahl live fortified in other cave such as Capellades

Homos arrived 40.000 ago, they were black for the racist among you..neanderthls were gone, they were tire of living under such penose circuinstances, they were like us, painted cavesm had realigions cared for their death.

No much hibridation.

I wonder if there were any homo bars back in those days? .

Old 09-03-2018, 06:06 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,463,642 times
Quote:
Thumbs down ,drawer fotter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wash your mouth out with soap!

Old 09-03-2018, 06:54 PM

I know this thread is for funny quotes, but this made me think of us.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:22 PM

855 posts, read 632,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
A little Neanderthal was killed and mauled by a hyena 6 kmfrom where I live, The giant Hyena took to her a cave known as Cove of the Giants fulled with oses of rhinos, all sotrs of hervivores and gin lions - a very bad neighboorfon,

Now..the girl died 57.000 years ago, other Neandertahl live fortified in other cave such as Capellades

Homos arrived 40.000 ago, they were black for the racist among you..neanderthls were gone, they were tire of living under such penose circuinstances, they were like us, painted cavesm had realigions cared for their death.

No much hibridation.
I wonder if there were any homo bars back in those days? .
Would've been too dangerous, what with all the
gin lions roaming about back then. Probably a
few whiskey tigers and rum cougars as well...

-

Old 09-03-2018, 09:48 PM

19,606 posts, read 15,468,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
From a product review:

Lightwaight but to big to ware. And have powerfull sucksion

Took 10 minnets to set up and start vacuming it got here real quick but it seemed like forever cause i have a cat that sheds like a waterfausset. Sure Happy it only took 3 days to get here im really happy with my purchess.

This can't be real. lol

Old 09-03-2018, 10:03 PM

19,606 posts, read 15,468,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
The intent of this thread is not to embarrass any of our members, but to simply vent in a lighthearted manner.

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.
I sorta sometimes feel bad for the mocking that goes on here, but, on the other hand, it's so damn hilarious, I can't help it.

There was a house décor thread that asked for what people hated the most in décor and trends. A lot of people get really offended about it. Again, I thought it was hilarious, including some people's objections to a couple of things I like. So, whatever....

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-10-2018 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-04-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I sorta sometimes feel bad for the mocking that goes on here, but, on the other hand, it's so damn hilarious, I can't help it.

There was a house décor thread that asked for what people hated the most in décor and trends. A lot of people get really offended about it. Again, I thought it was hilarious, including some people's objections to a couple of things I like. So, whatever....
I agree. This thread isn't simply pointing out spelling mistakes, that would be too easy. Sometimes those errors can be funny. I "got it" the first time I visited this thread.

We usually get at least one person every month or so that reads this thread and takes it personally. .

And if a person is offended they can always report a post or two hundred.

I use my iPad and I make tons of errors. Mea culpa or should I say "me a culprit". . I saw someone write "Don,t forget to subscribe", although it's a simple error, it doesn't make me laugh, so I didn't post it.

We also acknowledge ESL mistakes, but some of those are hilarious too, like the "gin lions" poster.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:54 AM

19,238 posts, read 25,639,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I make tons of errors. Mea culpa or should I say "me a culprit".

We also acknowledge ESL mistakes, but some of those are hilarious too, like the "gin lions" poster.
My old boss used to say Mea Culpa fairly often, but he always pronounced it as Mea Cooper.

Perhaps I am particularly dense today, but I am still having a hard time figuring out the "gin lions" reference. What do you think it was supposed to be?

Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 AM

4,808 posts, read 2,846,896 times
Default Eye of the tiger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
My old boss used to say Mea Culpa fairly often, but he always pronounced it as Mea Cooper.

Perhaps I am particularly dense today, but I am still having a hard time figuring out the "gin lions" reference. What do you think it was supposed to be?
@ a guess, giant lions. I would have gone with sabretooth tigers myself - just because those seem more intimidating, what with all those big exposed fangs; but maybe that's just me.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:19 AM

4,242 posts, read 959,028 times
As far as chores, I generally do my share such as caring for our cats, doing the dishes, and taking out the trash but I probably do the bear minimum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.