Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 11:17 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,800,688 times

Advertisements

Is that the only reason you seem to care all the sudden? Its one thing to heap criticism on the dead, but its quite another to heap obsequious flattery just to hurt someone else.

The White House and it's flag are not trump's personal castle and avatar; it's traditions reflect the nation

Sometime back there were those warning of a false breakout. Its quite possible for a new high in the DOW.

the investors will tell the tail with their money

So, they put the pin back in the grande

The education system is failing and its not to difficult to see why.
I can't imagen what a communist would teach of value.

BTW its not Trumplings that move the price. Its investors !!!

The NFL players caused the division so lets get that straight. Its on them !!!

Old 08-28-2018, 12:17 PM

you didn't built that am i right?

Is it at the Micro (Issue) scale? Or is it gauged at the Marco level?
- Polo.

Its a good argument for the Dims.

Its an interesting discussion to be sure.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:20 PM

hope not thowen down

Do you every get City Dictorary's??

I guess you never really did his bottom. From the grace of God there go I.
- I am truly baffled by this. I have NO idea what the poster is trying to say. I am so crabby today. I don't know why I'm making myself crabbier by reading stuff on the internet.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:38 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,430,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
Yesterday, I heard more than one person talking about the US flag flying at "half-mast" over the US Capitol, but unless the capitol building is seaworthy, that terminology is incorrect. "Half-staff" is correct when referring to flags flying above places other than ships.
That's why it's not Flagmast, Arizona. Half mast is only a naval term for sure.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:50 PM

13,073 posts, read 9,598,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
hope not thowen down

Do you every get City Dictorary's??

I guess you never really did his bottom. From the grace of God there go I.
- I am truly baffled by this. I have NO idea what the poster is trying to say. I am so crabby today. I don't know why I'm making myself crabbier by reading stuff on the internet.
Does having it in context (from other posts) help any? It's possible "his bottom" was an attempt by the poster to write another word, he misspelled it badly, and spell-correct entered its idea of what was intended. I have no idea what that intention might have been though.

The second part, of course, is the cliche "There but for the grace of God go I".

Old 08-28-2018, 01:55 PM

13,073 posts, read 9,598,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
One online political and grammatical expert tells us that...

When they argue with our president, their doing the work of satin!

… and in apparent support of that person, another genius chimes-in with...

There sewing dischord!

Is it possible they were trying to be humorous? Let's hope so.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:40 PM

19,162 posts, read 25,405,963 times
Many Chinese that are coming here are more wealthier than Americans.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Is it possible they were trying to be humorous?
After reviewing their previous posts, it became quite obvious that they were not attempting to be humorous, and that they were just part of the general run of semi-literates who pontificate in various forums nowadays.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:28 PM

do you think people who dont live on your block and park in front of your house should get towede this guy parks in front of my house then walk down the road to the library some days he dose this and if he is not there he parks in front of the family that live kitty corner from me he parks there so the paint on his car dont fade but he can easily park at the libary why do my kids have to park on my grass when they should be able to park in front of our house any suggestion on how to stop him we have asked not to but to no a vale

Old 08-28-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Does having it in context (from other posts) help any? It's possible "his bottom" was an attempt by the poster to write another word, he misspelled it badly, and spell-correct entered its idea of what was intended. I have no idea what that intention might have been though.

The second part, of course, is the cliche "There but for the grace of God go I".

The conversation was about a guy who was recently imprisoned for dealing drugs, so after some thought, I have to assume the poster was trying to say that the criminal hadn't hit his bottom yet, maybe. Apparently he also had dealt drugs if he was saying, "there but for the grace of God go I." Moral of the story: don't do drugs. They'll impair your communication skills! *pops my Good Grammar pill*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.