Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 11:54 PM

359 posts, read 303,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
If you remove the irrelevant portions, the supervisor's version is:

If you were your supervisor, what would you tell you?

I would tell tnff to stop misquoting sedona to skew the audience's perception and get back to work.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:20 AM

11,024 posts, read 7,899,216 times
Does the OP listen to anyone? Why is there such a problem in getting the message that both supervisors and everyone commenting here is sending?

Old 02-07-2019, 03:41 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,826,071 times
OP your supervisor is giving you very clear communication on what you are doing wrong. You sound just like a team member of mine who didn’t know how to communicate with clients and would say very inappropriate things in an email. No matter how much I coached him he did the same thing over and over again.

Listen to the feedback you are being given. Your communication skills are not working. You are blaming everyone and everything else for your situation. People are trying to help you in thread after thread. Truly, look into getting counseling from an objective person that can help you with your personal and professional life.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:11 AM

6,591 posts, read 8,474,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
What can I do to ask her to back off and trust me to get the job done, and in a reasonable time frame?
Because of your history (items 1-4 in your OP) plus the lost client and then a complaining client, you've lost her trust.

IMO, to start the process of regaining her trust you need to acknowledge there areas where you need improvement and demonstrate that you're making strides on strengthening your weaknesses. And tell your supervisor that you understand that she's lost trust in you, and offer to meet with her at the end of each day to go over the status of your projects and actions you've taken. Acknowledgement. Acceptance. Humility.

Can that trust be regained? Maybe but probably not within the timeframe you have and (from what happened in that meeting) I don't think your supervisor is open to it. You may want to plan for not having your contract extended.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:13 AM

12,946 posts, read 9,209,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
I would tell tnff to stop misquoting sedona to skew the audience's perception and get back to work.
Sedona, I'm not trying to skew anyone's perception; I'm trying to unskew yours. Reread what I wrote. That is your supervisor's perception. You continue to have problems at work. Many people on these threads, with a lot more experience than you, have tried to help you by explaining why your boss thinks the way they do. Your multiple bosses have all tried to coach you. What the boss wants is clear to everyone with even a modicum of experience. Frankly your boss has been beyond patient and helpful to you. At some point your current boss, as will every future boss, will decide to cut their losses.

So many here have tried to help you, but you have to want help, not affirmation.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:28 AM

44,422 posts, read 20,181,611 times
Stop the bickering, people. I think this thread has run its course. Consequently, it is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment