Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 07:37 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,704,545 times

Advertisements

Nice forecast for April.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,891,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Mm... I am dreaming of warmer times.
Needs more sun:

On another topic, some English punk journalist named Michael Booth "shoots down" the myths of the Nordic La-La Land in The Guardian.
"Finns are violent drunks but practical, but I wouldn't want to live there due to the mosquito menace in summer and freezing winters. The so-called happiness of the Danes is just a facade, as half of the country is on anti-depressants. The Swedes are too self-righteous, egoistic and praise themselves more than they should. The Norwegians are xenophobic isolationists", writes Booth.
He releases a book next week called The Almost Nearly Perfect People – The Truth About the Nordic Miracle, which was voted as the "book of the week" by the BBC.

What's up with this bashing? Booth spends some time in Finland and Denmark, and now he's some kind of expert? Been a lot of this crap lately. Why doesn't Germans or French come here to bash us, it's always the English.

Last edited by Ariete; 01-29-2014 at 12:15 AM..

Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,413,437 times
Forecast for the next couple days brought to you by Family guy...

Family Guy-Ollie Williams as a weather reporter - YouTube

Its the rain!

Family guy- gunna tell us all about the rain - YouTube

Quote:
Took a nap from 9pm to 12am, now I'm wide awake and can't sleep. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Maybe I'll go work out. Get those guns pumping, ya know what im sayin'?
Were you drunk?

Old 01-29-2014, 10:29 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,660,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
On another topic, some English punk journalist named Michael Booth "shoots down" the myths of the Nordic La-La Land in The Guardian.
"Finns are violent drunks but practical, but I wouldn't want to live there due to the mosquito menace in summer and freezing winters. The so-called happiness of the Danes is just a facade, as half of the country is on anti-depressants. The Swedes are too self-righteous, egoistic and praise themselves more than they should. The Norwegians are xenophobic isolationists", writes Booth.
He releases a book next week called The Almost Nearly Perfect People – The Truth About the Nordic Miracle, which was voted as the "book of the week" by the BBC.

What's up with this bashing? Booth spends some time in Finland and Denmark, and now he's some kind of expert? Been a lot of this crap lately. Why doesn't Germans or French come here to bash us, it's always the English.

It isn't nice to be bashed, huh? Now you know how we feel. Drunk Finns, sissy Swedes, stoned Danes, redneck Norwegians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

Were you drunk?
Me? Drunk? On a weekday morning? Heavens, no.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:37 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,757,683 times
This is in times like this that MeteoMan's status ".noitarreba sselesu a tahw ,retniW" makes sense.

If I can't have this,

I'd rather have this:

Or that:

Than this nonsense (current forecast):

Quote:
Meh, just cheap journalism. I think if you're American, British, French, Muslim, European or whatnot and happen to regularly visit some of C-D's international forums, you eventually grow a thicker skin.

That's what cool here: you can bash climates, no one will get offended. Oh wait...

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-29-2014 at 10:46 AM..

Old 01-29-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
It isn't nice to be bashed, huh? Now you know how we feel. Drunk Finns, sissy Swedes, stoned Danes, redneck Norwegians.
Exactly what I gathered from it.

I remember when a French journalist came to Finland to examine the welfare state a while ago. We had a saying in the 80's that "To be born in Finland is like winning on the lottery". The French journalist said "it might sound arrogant, but I guess it's the cultural differences." No bashing, no stereotypes or anything. Or when Finland played France in the football World Cup qualifications, "Helsinki is a very beautiful and clean city which seems smaller than it is, and despite the Finnish national team not being among the top teams, it will be a tough match for Laurent Blanc's boys."

It seems only Brits want to bash us. And as we have quite the low self-esteem, we are very interested in what other nations writes about us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
This is in times like this that MeteoMan's status ".noitarreba sselesu a tahw ,retniW" makes sense.

If I can't have this,

I'd rather have this:
Needs more sun!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
It seems only Brits want to bash us. And as we have quite the low self-esteem, we are very interested
We have low self-esteem too, which is why we bash other countries. It's usually France or Germany we bash though. France has good food, and Germany has the economy we wish we had.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
We have low self-esteem too, which is why we bash other countries. It's usually France or Germany we bash though. France has good food, and Germany has the economy we wish we had.
Yes, why don't you pick on someone of your size?

I'm just gonna reply with this: 2133 sunshine hours last year.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:33 AM

Whatever, I'll be rubbing it in your face when we get those really lovely warm sunny days in March and October, while you're freezing your ass off in the tundra. 22C in March 2012 and 29C in October 2011. Deal with it.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Whatever, I'll be rubbing it in your face when we get those really lovely warm sunny days in March and October, while you're freezing your ass off in the tundra. 22C in March 2012 and 29C in October 2011. Deal with it.
Where were your warm days in October last year? And even September wasn't warmer in Leeds until the last week. It will be probably 2040 before you see 22C in Mar or 29C in Oct again. Let's hope for a huge blocker-Icelandic low and a massive Russian high next summer. And in the meantime, we actually have snow on the ground.

And oh, we have less chavs here. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.