Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 04:17 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,325,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
But if it wasn't so easy for people to get hold of guns in the first place less criminals would use them & people wouldn't feel the need to 'protect themselves'... It is a vicious circle
Criminals as it is break the laws, so why would they care about obtaining weapons through legal means. But I do agree, access to those who are irresponsible with such weapons should be restricted.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,157,071 times
Not looking forward to the snow and cold wave coming in. Not helping with the flu and asthma

Old 01-21-2014, 02:20 AM

100 posts, read 108,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Not looking forward to the snow and cold wave coming in. Not helping with the flu and asthma
I've got a pretty stubborn cold and my asthma is playing up. I'll try drinking some beer to see if that helps.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 AM

13,563 posts, read 9,155,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Criminals as it is break the laws, so why would they care about obtaining weapons through legal means. But I do agree, access to those who are irresponsible with such weapons should be restricted.
True, even criminals in the UK manage to get hold of guns, but it can't help with them being quite so freely available... But tougher gun control would certainly make a huge difference, especially where lunatics who go shooting poor students in schools is concerned, in both the UK & Australia after such atrocities happened much tougher guns controls were brought in & since then neither country has had such an incident again. Look how often it happens in the US & STILL most people don't want gun control. Madness...

Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ King View Post
I've got a pretty stubborn cold and my asthma is playing up. I'll try drinking some beer to see if that helps.
Didn't know you had asthma too. I used to have it all the time when I was a kid, now it only comes up when I have a cold or flu. Checked your forecast, least the high temps will help cure it. Not here, it's going to be subarctic the next 2-3 days

Old 01-21-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
True, even criminals in the UK manage to get hold of guns, but it can't help with them being quite so freely available... But tougher gun control would certainly make a huge difference, especially where lunatics who go shooting poor students in schools is concerned, in both the UK & Australia after such atrocities happened much tougher guns controls were brought in & since then neither country has had such an incident again. Look how often it happens in the US & STILL most people don't want gun control. Madness...
That was due to poor restriction and restricting access to irresponsible individuals. In addition, the school failed to protect premises with a trained armed personnel. More often than not, armed intruders are shot for protecting the safety of your loved ones. They just are not mentioned on the news, because most of the US media is anti gun and wants to portray guns as the main cause of murder.

If there was a well trained armed personnel (or volunteer) protecting the school (as there should be), this guy would have been dead meat. I dont want to own a weapon and personally dont see a personal need for doing so, but I can see why Americans want guns for self defense.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:25 AM

Can we stop talking about politics? There's already a blackhole for that

Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 AM

Need to drive through the snowstorm. Ick .

Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 AM

13,563 posts, read 9,155,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
That was due to poor restriction and restricting access to irresponsible individuals. In addition, the school failed to protect premises with a trained armed personnel. More often than not, armed intruders are shot for protecting the safety of your loved ones. They just are not mentioned on the news, because most of the US media is anti gun and wants to portray guns as the main cause of murder.

If there was a well trained armed personnel (or volunteer) protecting the school (as there should be), this guy would have been dead meat. I dont want to own a weapon and personally dont see a personal need for doing so, but I can see why Americans want guns for self defense.
But if you didn't allow so many people to have guns then you wouldn't need armed personel 'protecting' schools in the first place!!

It makes me laugh how many American's want to control the gun problems by using more guns

What next, send 5 year old's off to school with a revolver in their lunch box, so they can protect themselves??

Old 01-21-2014, 09:06 AM

20,633 posts, read 24,046,361 times
Just took £140 out of the bank to do another 6 hours. 6 hours! of learning to drive.

By the time i'm done i'll have spent over £1,000 just to learn to drive. So expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather