Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,661,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Please help me. Supernatural phenomena are controlling my computer. I don't jknow what dto do. I also can't see the keyboard becuyase MY lampo is off so i am making a lot of spelling mistkraes. mY COMPOUTER is possedsed by something and has turned itself off by islef and also stuf is hijhacking microsoft outlook and runnning it then it crashes and the wole thijng is bugerd. imm rea;;y scared.
Don't sprinkle holy water, things will only get worse. I hope demons can't travel via weather forums.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,411,515 times
This computer's testing my limits that's for sure. If it wasn't for all my data on it and stuff I'd happily blow it the hell up.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:49 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
Only in the low 80s today, but I'm still uncomfortable. I probably would "tough it out" even if the A/C was installed, but I don't have the option to turn it on. It's only supposed to get warmer in the upcoming days. At least tonight is expected to cool off into the 50s.

Now I remember why I made summers so cool in my dream climate.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Only in the low 80s today, but I'm still uncomfortable. I probably would "tough it out" even if the A/C was installed, but I don't have the option to turn it on. It's only supposed to get warmer in the upcoming days. At least tonight is expected to cool off into the 50s.

Now I remember why I made summers so cool in my dream climate.
You latest "dream climate" forecast is actually warmer than Buxton, Derbyshire's. You need to spend June - August here I think!

Old 05-25-2011, 04:10 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
You latest "dream climate" forecast is actually warmer than Buxton, Derbyshire's. You need to spend June - August here I think!
Wow that's pathetic considering summers are almost non-existant in my dream climate, though I think they may be a few degrees warmer than Buxton. I'd probably find a summer in Buxton quite refreshing.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:55 PM

I just became worried that I was starting to stink despite the fact I don't generally sweat much, til I realised it was my blue cheese sitting right in-front of my nose. Mmm.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,349,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
Absolutely awful today in the CBD with evil sunny skies and westerly winds blowing smoke (from burn-offs) over the SMA - YUK !
Why must they do it in W airflows?!? Better to do it in S or SE ones!
Wifey had a asthma attack - those westerly winds are truly evil - which can be related to that fat & ugly blocking high in the Tasman Sea directing W-NW winds over us
The pollution/haze level was quite bad - the worst I've seen this year so far - with the CBD skyline being shrouded in smoke all day long - terrible. Air very hazy/smokey. Lots of choking/coughing fits heard from various people.
Due to the warning from the BOM about the horrid "smog" hanging around all weekend - we're fleeing to the Blue Mountains (Katoomba) tomorrow morning & staying there until Sunday evening.
Left smog-bound Sydney early Sat. morning, arrived in Katoomba to fresh and clean air . Could see a very heavy bank of horrid brown smog hanging over the city - blardy awful according to a pommie workmate -and a lot of city folk had the same idea by way of being in the BM.
Left on Sunday evening with heavy showers sweeping in from the NW with a icy cold wind, arrived back home to little if any rain of course but the evil smog was truly and well gone .

Old 05-27-2011, 05:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,372 times
Happy to see some sun today after horrid showers and rain

Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,596,368 times
Good to see somebody there appreciates the sun. I was in Sydney for a couple of weeks in August 1989, enjoying the "horrible" sunny weather. We did a day trip to Katoomba - pretty, but damned cold. It was a relief to get back to the lowland warmth.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:12 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,048,659 times
For three days last week, I filled sandbags and then cleaned up mess afterwards. 2 nice days with sunshine and very little wind.

Now, the forecast calls for heavy rain, flooding and flash flooding Sunday and Monday (Memorial Day). 1-3 inches of rain expected, had 4.8 inches over a 2 day period last weekend. Rivers are already running bank full. The Creek behind the house is still over it's bank up into the yard about 20 ft.

Spring Rain is nice and needed. Just not this much, this quick. Oh well, will start putting sandbags back this afternoon. We left most in place and only moved enough to get in and out of buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather