Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 01:57 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,465,918 times

Advertisements

Grrrr. worst forecast I've ever seen.

The UK isn't suffering from Climate Change, it's suffering from chronic Climate Failure. Closely correlated with Cardiac Failure.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:28 PM

Well I can't Effing believe this latest GFS output, now it has totally removed any CAPE and negative lifted index from my part of England for BOTH THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.

Originally this week was being touted as the week for heavy thundery downpours but every single day it's been downgraded exactly 18 hours before the valid period, without fail and we've had drizzle and overcast INSTEAD. I HATE ENGLAND. AND NOW THE SODDING NORTH EAST, NORTH AND SOUTH WEST SODS ARE GOING TO GET ANY THING THAT DOES HAPPEN.

I am never ever looking at any of these putrid charts or weather forecasts again. EVER. And I mean it this time. No more false raised hopes and disappointments. I can't take it.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:03 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,537,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Well I can't Effing believe this latest GFS output, now it has totally removed any CAPE and negative lifted index from my part of England for BOTH THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.

Originally this week was being touted as the week for heavy thundery downpours but every single day it's been downgraded exactly 18 hours before the valid period, without fail and we've had drizzle and overcast INSTEAD. I HATE ENGLAND. AND NOW THE SODDING NORTH EAST, NORTH AND SOUTH WEST SODS ARE GOING TO GET ANY THING THAT DOES HAPPEN.

I am never ever looking at any of these putrid charts or weather forecasts again. EVER. And I mean it this time. No more false raised hopes and disappointments. I can't take it.

Don't you know that's the way it works? If you really, really want something weather-wise and scour the forecast models, or the current radar as the case may be, it's gonna avoid you every time. It never fails. Like last night, I was watching the radar for all these nice, fat thunderstorms all around me, I could hear the thunder, the smell of rain was in the air, but nada. It all kept going around me, I swear, there was this nifty little hole right over my section of town...lol. The very minute I gave up to watch a vid, the skies opened up and it poured down rain, along with close-range lightning and hefty winds....lol.

Today, same thing. Promising stuff on the radar, but this time, I got offline and watched some TV. The sun was shining, no hope of a drop of rain, right? Wrong. 45 minutes in, pouring down rain. Rain, sweet rain that we so badly need.

In the winter, if there's any hope at all of getting any snow here, I have to avoid looking at anything weather-related for days ahead of any potential storm. Otherwise I'll get screwed 7 ways to Sunday, even if the models are forecasting outright blizzard conditions for my area. But if I kick back and don't even think about the weather (very, very difficult for me to do, in the case of the 2011 snow, this required a trip up north...lol), then the storm will come, the models fulfilling their destiny as they're supposed to.

So yeah, let's say you take up a different hobby for a few days, you'll be amazed at all the thunderstorms that'll be homing in on your house while everyone else gets screwed for a change. Try that and get back to us about what comes of it.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:12 PM

I am going to try out this technique. It really does seem like I'm cursed and that since I got interested in the weather, particularly storms and warm weather, both have diminished to near obscurity. This can't be a co-incidence. Whereas when I went to university to study something totally unrelated to weather there were some awesome storms including one that produced some tornadoes in my second week there etc....

Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM

Old 07-04-2012, 10:29 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,960,953 times
F&!%ING YOUTUBE ADS

Even when you're watching a video, some freaking ass ad pops up and keeps repeating and repeating F&%$KING ****S

Old 07-04-2012, 11:32 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,284,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Simmer View Post
F&!%ING YOUTUBE ADS

Even when you're watching a video, some freaking ass ad pops up and keeps repeating and repeating F&%$KING ****S
Well it costs money to run the site, which you get to enjoy for free. So quit yer complainin'.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 PM

733 posts, read 1,762,320 times
Unhappy here because for Kansas weather, we haven't had much active weather in the past two months...which includes May which is usually the most active severe weather month we have. Constant hot and sunny days isn't much fun.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,960,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Well it costs money to run the site, which you get to enjoy for free. So quit yer complainin'.
yeah well how the hell did they survive until very recently until they started bringing in ads and bullcrap like VEVO????

Here's a bleedin obvious tip for 'em: put the ****en ads at the END of the video, not the beginning, and NO ADS that start going off halfway thru the video :sma ck:: mad:

Old 07-05-2012, 03:41 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,220,833 times
AdBlock is your friend, FS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather