Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times

Advertisements

You don't know how strong patrix's accent is. If being the UK has added a British tinge to his accent, Americans might mistake his accent for being British. Australian accents are much closer to British accents than an American accents, some Americans will confuse an Australian with a British accent.

The religious percentages vary drastically by region.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
**** stinkbugs! The only good stinkbug is a dead stinkbug.
Oh wow, windex with ammonia is the perfect remedy! If I see one outside my bug screen, and I spray one a little, within a period of about 20-30 seconds they just convulse and die. They either fall off my screen or remain there dead where I can easily flick them off.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:50 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Florida religion:
Protestant, 40%
Baptist, 9%
Methodist, 6%
Pentecostal, 3%
Roman Catholic, 26%
Jewish, 3%
other religions, 3%
non-religious, 16%

They would still find it easier to understand my accent than yours, i'm pretty sure it would be the same as someone from the UK talking to someone from Australia, we recognise that the accent is Australian and we go from there were as I struggle terribly with European accents, the only ones I can identify are the French and the Spanish accents.
hardly doubt so, my accent isn't typically Polish... I've lost count on how many times people thought im Canadian here in UK because of my accent (which I find very weird because I don't think I sound Canadian at all)

erm what's exactly the same to N Ireland in this religious table?
Nortern Ireland is over 40% roman catholic (which fits more into Poland or Italy) while Florida is over 40% protestant.
Btw not all Polish (or other nationality) people have strong accents. Listen to this Polish born celebrity
Joanna Krupa on CeleBuzz! - YouTube and tell me how her accent is harder to understand than yours would be?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:56 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Northern Ireland is not a catholic country we are a mixed country and my area is 60% Protestant so that is not true for here. Either way it doesn't make a difference because here most people don't attend church.

People just get baptised for the sake of it/continuing family tradition and then only goto church for baptisms and weddings.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
hardly doubt so, my accent isn't typically Polish... I've lost count on how many times people thought im Canadian here in UK because of my accent (which I find very weird because I don't think I sound Canadian at all)

erm what's exactly the same to N Ireland in this religious table?
Nortern Ireland is over 40% roman catholic (which fits more into Poland or Italy) while Florida is over 40% protestant.
Btw not all Polish (or other nationality) people have strong accents. Listen to this Polish born celebrity
Joanna Krupa on CeleBuzz! - YouTube and tell me how her accent is harder to understand than yours would be?
She has a bit of an american accent to be honest.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:01 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Northern Ireland is not a catholic country we are a mixed country and my area is 60% Protestant so that is not true for here. Either way it doesn't make a difference because here most people don't attend church.

People just get baptised for the sake of it/continuing family tradition and then only goto church for baptisms and weddings.
But Florida isn't similar to Northern Ireland in that Protestant is much more common than Catholic, instead of being nearly evenly mixed. As for church attendance, much of the US isn't like that, including Florida

Religion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Almost half attend church every week.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM

No in Florida it will not be as prevalent as here. We have a very strong Protestant heritage in Northern Ireland our Protestants are very strict in their religious beliefs, do not say that they have a stronger presence in Florida because it just isn't true.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
No in Florida it will not be as prevalent as here. We have a very strong Protestant heritage in Northern Ireland our Protestants are very strict in their religious beliefs, do not say that they have a stronger presence in Florida because it just isn't true.
You just said the opposite:

Quote:

Old 10-01-2013, 03:06 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,122 times
ok basically it's all christian anyway just like england, poland, greece, mexico or spain. America is a mix of many religions, as the country become more and more Mexicanized you can only expect a fast growth in Catholics and non believers.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
ok basically it's all christian anyway just like england, poland, greece, mexico or spain. America is a mix of many religions, as the country become more and more Mexicanized you can only expect a fast growth in Catholics and non believers.
Florida doesn't have a large Mexican population. The Northeast has hispanics but they're not Mexican, and much of the Northeast is majority Catholic already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.