Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,463,939 times

Advertisements

Feels rather unpleasant outside i must say *said in received pronounciation*

Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,729,015 times
When he "goes to Florida for five weeks" somebody should track his IP to check where he's really posting from...

Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,526,424 times
Hey guess what guys...Cincinnati is getting lightning and Lexington isn't. That's only happened about 318526547263 times already this year

Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,830,553 times
malmö trashed ifk with 3-0 on gamla ullevi.

it just took me 10 min on google earth to locate the house you're discussing. just sayin. but i'll stay with that. i'm not a mean person.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM

24,128 posts, read 25,020,485 times
Well at least it's great to have the football season on the way! My team (HJK Helsinki) won FF Jaro from Jakobstad 1-0 yesterday. Poor match, but 3 points is the most important thing.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,354,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
6th totally overcast day in a row. Not known anything like this in April. I sympathise with the guy above in Texas, it must be far more unusual to have cloudy BS there in April than it is here of course. And it's disgusting.
It is VERY disgusting. It also makes no logical sense either--who needs "relief" via clouds when it's in the 70s and you're just exiting the cold season? If anything you are badly WANTING some warmth and sunshine. If it's going to be cloudy, it makes far more sense to do it during the hardcore summer season when it's 95-100'F and you're being fried like a slab of ham. Instead, during that period, the sunshine is relentless. It all makes you feel like whoever or whatever is driving the weather is beyond high on that crack. You can't help but feel that Goofy and Mickey Mouse could do a better job than this.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,723,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
It is VERY disgusting. It also makes no logical sense either--who needs "relief" via clouds when it's in the 70s and you're just exiting the cold season? If anything you are badly WANTING some warmth and sunshine. If it's going to be cloudy, it makes far more sense to do it during the hardcore summer season when it's 95-100'F and you're being fried like a slab of ham. Instead, during that period, the sunshine is relentless. It all makes you feel like whoever or whatever is driving the weather is beyond high on that crack. You can't help but feel that Goofy and Mickey Mouse could do a better job than this.
If it keeps like it, you won't have much of a "nice" season either, it will go straight to HOT.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,354,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
If it keeps like it, you won't have much of a "nice" season either, it will go straight to HOT.
That is exactly what bugs me so much about this. Lately it seems east TX weather practically WORSHIPS the extreme heat and/or cold, and you may get 3% of the nice warm (but not HOT) weather you should. The period where it's 70-85'F or so is the period that is screwed over the most, by far. It's almost as if the weather gods really hate eastern TX and are bound & determined to make life miserable for all of us out of just sheer hatred and meanness. It honestly gets me to where I absolutely wish with everything in me could personally take over the weather, because I would do so in a MINUTE if I could. The main thing I'd do is the temperatures would be straight down the line normal. Any day where the normal is 73, it would range from 73 to 75, or 2 degrees either way, or if it's supposed to be 53 then it would range from 51-55, also 2 degrees on either side--and that would be IT, and it would do that forevermore for all time henceforth. Also, it would NEVER EVER again be cloudy but not rain--if it's cloudy, it's raining, once done, then the sun appears and it STAYS that way PERIOD until it's time to rain again.

Last edited by shyguylh; 04-07-2014 at 08:44 PM..

Old 04-08-2014, 04:53 AM

242 posts, read 264,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Hey guess what guys...Cincinnati is getting lightning and Lexington isn't. That's only happened about 318526547263 times already this year
I know how you feel, trust me on that one! For some reason, storms seem to occur almost daily out in the Tasman sea at the same latitude as Melbourne, then there are dozens of occasions when storms brew just north of the city or out to the east or west or even out in Bass Strait, but fail to do so here for reasons including seabreezes ....by that logic, how in the actual **** to they thrive out over the Tasman sea and in Bass Strait then
Rage attack

On a related note, went to the supermarket to buy some chicken wings, and ofcourse the juices leaked out of the packet all over my hand. Because there is nowhere to wash my hands in a supermarket, I had to handle my wallet, car steering wheel, keys, shopping bags etc with salmonella-laden hands. They better hope I don't get sick

On a plus side though, I got my cooking oil for free because it was on special and the register scanned it at its normal price.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,086,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
I know how you feel, trust me on that one! For some reason, storms seem to occur almost daily out in the Tasman sea at the same latitude as Melbourne, then there are dozens of occasions when storms brew just north of the city or out to the east or west or even out in Bass Strait, but fail to do so here for reasons including seabreezes ....by that logic, how in the actual **** to they thrive out over the Tasman sea and in Bass Strait then
Rage attack

On a related note, went to the supermarket to buy some chicken wings, and ofcourse the juices leaked out of the packet all over my hand. Because there is nowhere to wash my hands in a supermarket, I had to handle my wallet, car steering wheel, keys, shopping bags etc with salmonella-laden hands. They better hope I don't get sick

On a plus side though, I got my cooking oil for free because it was on special and the register scanned it at its normal price.
Oh God, gonna have another insane cookout again? Pics!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.