Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM

13,489 posts, read 9,039,563 times

Advertisements

Just got back from the beach where it was gorgeous with a refreshing sea breeze

No way was I going to attempt to go there over the weekend once the hoards flock to Southsea, as soon as the sun comes out every man & his wife & screaming brats come down here...

Old 07-05-2013, 04:46 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,123,513 times
Someone complaining about the 22 degree temperatures in the UK on netweather:

Today was pretty much unbearable at work - a true grimfest of intolerable heat. Got home at 1430 then spent the next four hours laying down in a darkened room. Went to the shop this evening, bathed in sweat,discomfort and retina-frazzling sunshine. Vegetation smelled unpleasantly strong and the less said about barbecues the better. Now for a night of fitful sleep courtesy of the heat,and I can look forward to being woken from that at some ungodly hour cos' of the damn sun blasting thru' my east-facing window. Then I'll do the whole sorry routine again.... for how long this evil weather is going to persist is anyone's guess. Autumn cannot come to the rescue quick enough.

ROTFLMAO

Old 07-05-2013, 04:48 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,604,933 times
Nothing funny about that.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:52 PM

It's ridiculous! This isn't 30 degree heat and humidity like most of the USA for example has in summer. It's hilarious, and pathetic. We've waited years for proper summer weather, I'm not going to argue about this, anyone complaining about this needs to get a life!!! Stupid coldies.

Oh and when I was a member of that stupid forum this particular member did nothing but berate me about my dislike of cold, by the way, and very rudely, so don't go playing the sympathy card for this idiot.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:55 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,604,933 times
It isn't ridiculous - what is 'hot' and what is not is entirely subjective, there is definitely no consensus because that would be idiotic. We also have no idea what underlying health issues that person may have to cause them to have such an adversity to warm, sunny weather, not to mention the fact that the sun is very strong at this time of the year so even the mildest of temperatures can feel very warm on the skin - indeed, I know a person who recently got burnt at 19C after being outside for just 2 hours. I've also experienced painful prickly heat in the past due to being outside in the sun, but thankfully medication can stop that.

All subjective. No need to mock people - people don't mock you for your adversity to temperatures below 15C or 10C or whatever it is you dislike.

And I'm aware of which person you're referring to actually - to be fair, he seems to get a few posts directed at him berating him for his adversity to warm, sunny weather.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,271,222 times
ive spent 5 hours outside today in the sun it was 23c
felt just comfortable. not hot and not cold either definitely did not get burned or anything like that either

but I tan really well, i never had red skin, i just get brown instantly lol

Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It isn't ridiculous - what is 'hot' and what is not is entirely subjective, there is definitely no consensus because that would be idiotic.

Well I'm not an idiot and 22 degrees is not hot. Come off it. How can it be? Most buildings are about that temperature inside anyway. Madness. Fact is people like me have suffered loads of cold winters for years, and years and years and years and now one little warm spell (not hot) and people complain? I've at least got good reason to complain because this bloody country is either FREEZING, GLOOMY, PISSING WITH RAIN, WINDY AS HELL, OVERCAST, CAN WE NOT HAVE 6 SUNNY DAYS WITHOUT SOME DICK HEAD COMPLAINING?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

All subjective. No need to mock people - people don't mock you for your adversity to temperatures below 15C or 10C or whatever it is you dislike.
What utter crap, oh they bloody well do, including this thickhead himself. Got nothing but BS ALL WINTER and most of the rest of the year from coldie tossers. And I don't whinge about those temperatures you mentioned, more like the snow that affects my work, losing me money, and the freezing cold icy crap I hate. How much of that do we get compared to blasted warmth for god's sake?

And anyway, I actually GET THE HELL ON with it in winter, go WALKING AND DRIVING in the snow, bracing the freezing temperatures, not locking myself inside and crying like a fukn baby.

One thing I am NOT, is a wimp. Locking himself in his room indeed. Holy Moly.

Uhhhn uwwwuu uh uh ahaha waaaaaaa it's 22 degrees im gunna die poor pity me pity me water water waaaaa

Old 07-05-2013, 05:13 PM

Bring it ooooooooooooooooooon!

In ya face coldieeees. Here's payback for the last 6 rotten summers and frigid winters.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:14 PM

13,489 posts, read 9,039,563 times
I noticed a few trolls on Netweather who seem to wind up coldies in the winter when it's mild & then constantly look for cool wet weather charts during the summer. I'm sorry but NO ONE can genuinely like cold wet weather in the summer, they have to be taking the ****! What enjoyment can you possibly get from cold wet weather in the summer

I could understand it if had been 30C for weeks, but the warm spell hasn't even started yet ffs!

Old 07-05-2013, 05:15 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,271,222 times
i absolutely love the weather right now and the forecast even more.
thats how every summer should be like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather