Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 05:53 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,065,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
No. That low was set at official station, which is located near downtown, a warmer region. Those homeless died at suburbs, where termometers gone deeply down. One died under 1ºC(34ºF), the other under -1ºC(30ºF) at a little city inland my state. I live 6 miles north of that staion and, here I had 36ºF, frost covered cars, bone chilling cold...

Today I'm happy once again beacuse forecast sees another cold snap to south Brazil starting on weekend. We're expected to set a high around 50F on Monday....
If I'm not mistaken Sao Paulo has an average low of 12 C and average high of 22 C in July. So you're seeing temps that are 12 C below average? You must be breaking some records!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:06 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Happy that I slept like a log until noon.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM

678 posts, read 1,204,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
If I'm not mistaken Sao Paulo has an average low of 12 C and average high of 22 C in July. So you're seeing temps that are 12 C below average? You must be breaking some records!
Not only São Paulo, but entire Brazil is under a rough ongoing cold. During last polar mass, low in Brazil was -8,8ºC. It snowed on high southern areas. São Paulo had 6,1ºC, the lowest since 2003. But it was the first time I saw frost conditions and such a cold. Even so, we didn't set any record up to now...

Lowest ever in Brazil: -14,1ºC
Lowest ever in S. Paulo: -2,1ºC

Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,594,884 times
Quote:
Not only São Paulo, but entire Brazil is under a rough ongoing cold. During last polar mass, low in Brazil was -8,8ºC. It snowed on high southern areas. São Paulo had 6,1ºC, the lowest since 2003. But it was the first time I saw frost conditions and such a cold. Even so, we didn't set any record up to now...

Lowest ever in Brazil: -14,1ºC
Lowest ever in S. Paulo: -2,1ºC
Sounds like an exaggeration to me!

Teresina, Brazil Forecast : Weather Underground

Typical Teresina temperatures - 33-34C highs in the SH winter.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Sounds like an exaggeration to me!

Teresina, Brazil Forecast : Weather Underground

Typical Teresina temperatures - 33-34C highs in the SH winter.
When I say "entire " I mean the developed part of nation, which doesn't includes north and northeast region.

Porto Alegre, Brazil Forecast - 7 days ahead (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Porto Alegre, Brazil#forecast - broken link)

near freezing temperatures all week long

Old 07-02-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
When I say "entire " I mean the developed part of nation, which doesn't includes north and northeast region.

Porto Alegre, Brazil Forecast - 7 days ahead (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Porto Alegre, Brazil#forecast - broken link)

near freezing temperatures all week long
Not exactly cold here, either. Salvador is a large city, hardly "undeveloped". I spent a few days there in July 2006 and was impressed by how clean the air looked and smelt, especially when compared with most of Rio.

Salvador, Brazil Forecast : Weather Underground

Old 07-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Not exactly cold here, either. Salvador is a large city, hardly "undeveloped". I spent a few days there in July 2006 and was impressed by how clean the air looked and smelt, especially when compared with most of Rio.

Salvador, Brazil Forecast : Weather Underground
I'm afraid you choose a wrong time of year to go there. July is "winter season", which means rain and low temperatures, around 19ºC/25ºC. Better seasons goes from October to March, lots of sunshine hours, and 25ºC/30ºC.

I mean the part of Brazil who gets cold(>50ºF), is the part hit by blue line below:

Pa means polar air coming from Antartic, it covers almost half the nation, reaching Amazon at west, Federal Capital at middle and Salvador at east.. Now our current situation...

White cloud line is the cold front passing through us. Right below it, comes a hard cold, it may snow tomorrow in Rio Grande do Sul, and lows in 40F's to São Paulo once again. I'm very happy

Old 07-02-2011, 10:25 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Happiness is a nice beach in North Carolina I like to go to. Blue warm water, nice soft sand and great people! The beach goes on for miles in either direction. Love it.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:16 PM

113 posts, read 296,829 times
Usa!

Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I'm afraid you choose a wrong time of year to go there. July is "winter season", which means rain and low temperatures, around 19ºC/25ºC. Better seasons goes from October to March, lots of sunshine hours, and 25ºC/30ºC.

I mean the part of Brazil who gets cold(>50ºF), is the part hit by blue line below:

Pa means polar air coming from Antartic, it covers almost half the nation, reaching Amazon at west, Federal Capital at middle and Salvador at east.. Now our current situation...

White cloud line is the cold front passing through us. Right below it, comes a hard cold, it may snow tomorrow in Rio Grande do Sul, and lows in 40F's to São Paulo once again. I'm very happy
We were in Salvador 4-5 days and the weather was beautiful. I know it was the wetter season in the normal course of events, but there was an hour of drizzle and otherwise blue skies. Delightful. The rest of the time we were further south - near Brasilia, and in Rio and Buzios. Escaping some of winter in NZ was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather