Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 04:06 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,418,982 times

Advertisements

I have odd preferences, I like a long cold season but a short, hot summer with May and September having mild temperatures for the most part. Kind of the antithesis to CG I guess lol....

Your record lows are impressive, especially the 6 F in April!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 04:13 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,794,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I have odd preferences, I like a long cold season but a short, hot summer with May and September having mild temperatures for the most part. Kind of the antithesis to CG I guess lol....

Your record lows are impressive, especially the 6 F in April!
Gotta keep things exciting lol. The reason I keep the winters predominantly above freezing is because I'd rather be able to be outside without true cold weather gear most of the winter (i.e no down jacket) and because I want snow to be temporary and lasting snowpacks to be rare. Summers are designed to be comfortably warm with lots of thunderstorms. The shoulder seasons are just there to provide mostly comfortable changeable weather along with severe storms in the spring and to nicely bridge winter and summer.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:15 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,287,430 times
Had a nice soaking wind driven rain yesterday with the temperature maxing out at only 40 F/4 C. Feeling quite damp and raw today as well, though drying out now. Hopefully more rain coming Tuesday.

Quote:
Sounds like June in my dream climate, July averages 92/70 in Winter Haven.
Lol that sounds ironic.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:48 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,985,499 times
Had a brief thunderstorm pass thru today. That seems pretty common in Oklahoma this time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Nice day, March finished .3 above average....

March cold set us back I can say a week behind normal, 2 weeks behind last year, and a bit ahead of the horror years of 13/14/15.
March 2013 was annoying to me because it felt like fourth month of a mild, unsuccessful winter. I liked the other two Marches. If anything, March 2015 was too warm coming off the cold February we just had. We hit 75 only a week after getting 5" of snow the last week of February. And even in cold winters/early springs it's always green by mid-April.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:02 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,497,964 times
Quote:
Recently I was thinking that Cincinnati winters with Atlanta-like summers would be ideal. However, I could be overreacting to the record warmth this winter.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:07 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,402,943 times
Quote:
We had a low of 72 F here, with a high of 88 F. Damn near perfect summer day temperature wise, but for April 1 it's far too hot.....
That is a bit early, even by my standards, that's something I'd like to start seeing in May.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:14 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,287,430 times
Seven years ago today (2010) we were entering into a stretch of record warmth. Thankfully no repeat this year.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:19 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,439,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Wow. Summer I wouldnt mind but gees, can we get a Spring please?!

https://twitter.com/wxbrad/status/848271304675516417
Insane, would be later than normal if it freezes, luckily doesn't look like a threat outside of the mountains.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:41 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,418,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Gotta keep things exciting lol. The reason I keep the winters predominantly above freezing is because I'd rather be able to be outside without true cold weather gear most of the winter (i.e no down jacket) and because I want snow to be temporary and lasting snowpacks to be rare. Summers are designed to be comfortably warm with lots of thunderstorms. The shoulder seasons are just there to provide mostly comfortable changeable weather along with severe storms in the spring and to nicely bridge winter and summer.
Snow pack in Winter Haven is pretty persistent from about mid-late October until late April, there's a big severe weather season in May, especially since that's when warm air masses start making their way to WH. Severe weather occurs in summer too, but much more common in May. Matter of fact, 7 out of the 10 tornado outbreaks that have ever occurred in WH have been in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Had a nice soaking wind driven rain yesterday with the temperature maxing out at only 40 F/4 C. Feeling quite damp and raw today as well, though drying out now. Hopefully more rain coming Tuesday.

Lol that sounds ironic.
Lol what can I say? I like hot weather in summer, but ideally after about early-mid September it's over for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Recently I was thinking that Cincinnati winters with Atlanta-like summers would be ideal. However, I could be overreacting to the record warmth this winter.
That would be pretty similar to Lexington, no? Except slightly more continental. What % of winter days would you say have snow cover there, like 35%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
That is a bit early, even by my standards, that's something I'd like to start seeing in May.
Never thought I'd ever hear you say any type of heat is "too early".

Old 04-01-2017, 05:53 PM

29,590 posts, read 19,765,095 times
https://twitter.com/JimCantore/statu...21377572618240
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather