Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 01:17 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,374,293 times

Advertisements

Comorodo Rivadavia has a freakish climate... It's come up tons of times in climate battles and similar, and was often praised as a nice, comfortable site, but its averages don't reflect all the oddities of this place. Today the temperature plummeted to 5.8ºC during the afternoon due to a cold shot that brought rain showers, and reported a thunderstorm under 10ºC.

Nearby Puerto Deseado reported 6.0ºC and thunderstorm at noon.

On the other side, La Rioja has been hellish lately, with such daily highs and lows:
Dec 29: 20.4ºC / 40.0ºC
Dec 30: 24.0ºC / 42.5ºC
Dec 31: 26.5ºC / 45.5ºC
Jan 01: 29.5ºC / 40.4ºC
Jan 02: 24.4ºC / 39.0ºC
Jan 03: 27.0ºC / 45.0ºC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 02:04 PM

795 posts, read 740,186 times
Yesterday was cold as **** here in Esquel. 6 degrees around 10 PM. Not a very good start of 2017

Old 01-04-2017, 03:03 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,006,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palider View Post
Yesterday was cold as **** here in Esquel. 6 degrees around 10 PM. Not a very good start of 2017
And Esquel january record low is -5.4C,this is the same as the BA all time record low

Old 01-04-2017, 06:51 PM

2,950 posts, read 2,920,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhc1985 View Post
Comorodo Rivadavia has a freakish climate... It's come up tons of times in climate battles and similar, and was often praised as a nice, comfortable site, but its averages don't reflect all the oddities of this place. Today the temperature plummeted to 5.8ºC during the afternoon due to a cold shot that brought rain showers, and reported a thunderstorm under 10ºC.
In fact, Ushuaia was very close to see snow. Max of only 7ºC there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Another beach today. Sitting on the beach isn't my usual thing, but got visitors from Dunedin staying and they want to swim and sit on the beach and do the picnic thing.. Offshore water temperature was 19C, and a bit warmer inshore, but still not mid summer warm yet. Air temperature about 22C with a sea breeze.

Camera back in action, so some photos.

First two photos show yet another one of the many beaches in the area. Next three show a local park (visitors want to do a daily walk as well] This park shows original vegetation in this area. The second photo of the set shows a seriously tall tree fern -we all estimated 40-50ft.
Nice photos. I love the tropical alike vegetation of NZ's north island. It's so unique. I think that is the main difference btw Patagonia and NZ in favour of the last one (while in favour of Patagonia, there are the massive ice field, the thousands of fjords island and the deciduous vegetation). Yeah, Patagonia has a lot of tropical alike vegetation too, but they look more typical, while NZ's is like nothing else in the world.

---

I post some pretty photos of a thunderstorm in Cordoba during the past week. Credits to foro.gustfront.com.ar

Old 01-04-2017, 08:12 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,006,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
In fact, Ushuaia was very close to see snow. Max of only 7ºC there.

Nice photos. I love the tropical alike vegetation of NZ's north island. It's so unique. I think that is the main difference btw Patagonia and NZ in favour of the last one (while in favour of Patagonia, there are the massive ice field, the thousands of fjords island and the deciduous vegetation). Yeah, Patagonia has a lot of tropical alike vegetation too, but they look more typical, while NZ's is like nothing else in the world.
I understood what you mean, evergreen vegetation of western Patagonia is more "temperate-like",while in NZ its look like an tropical rainforest,also in Patagonia the vegetation change dramatically from west to east,the eastern parts with the and deciduous vegetation just below the snowcapped mountains is one of most beautiful landscape in the world.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:23 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,701,377 times
It was chilly here this morning, with the official temperature at 3.3C, and reports of frost up the valley. Neighbouring Blenheim (sea level) dropped to 1.3C last night. Took a while to warm up to today, but managed to crawl up to 21C. Snow on the higher peaks.

East coast areas saw a significant drop, with Havelock North dropping from 28C down to 2.5C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post

I post some pretty photos of a thunderstorm in Cordoba during the past week. Credits to foro.gustfront.com.ar
Thanks, although those photos are in the South Island.

Nice thunderstorm photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
I understood what you mean, evergreen vegetation of western Patagonia is more "temperate-like",while in NZ its look like an tropical rainforest,also in Patagonia the vegetation change dramatically from west to east,the eastern parts with the and deciduous vegetation just below the snowcapped mountains is one of most beautiful landscape in the world.
Much Beech forest in NZ doesn't really have a tropical look, having only sparse undergrowth, low species diversity and dwarfism. Changes in forest type are also rapid.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:55 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,336,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
Min temperatures today,low of 8c in Puerto Montt and 12C in central Buenos aires province,who don't like that in middle of summer?

The mild nighttime lows are one of the best parts about the climate in Rio de la Plata

Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 AM

795 posts, read 740,186 times
Temperature hasn't raised above 20 since December 31 and hasn't raised above 15 since January 3 :/

Old 01-07-2017, 11:35 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,701,377 times
A productive afternoon spent chopping down banana plants -a great way to feel like a tough guy, swinging the machete. Some big ones there, with plants at 25ft. Lots of spiders.

Chilly mornings around here over the last week, with coastal sites seeing 1.3C lows, and most mornings below 10C for January. Quite a bit of afternoon SW/SE winds, which is drying the ground out rapidly - a bad combination, with extremely lush and long grass from the wet spring, turning into long dry grass. Grass is 5ft high around the property, dry, sticky, and full of bugs -not nice.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:45 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,604,933 times
I can just imagine you swinging that big machete around.. oh my.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather