Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,336,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
lol its warm here, that's why I am holding on! just very below average. you are the one who needs the warmth! I am waiting for the table to flip and we are stuck in a 3 year warm pattern with posts by people who are flabbergasted at how warm the east has been lol. Where you moving after you graduate from college? I know you will try hard to leave NY, try to get a job in Georgia or NC and SC if you plan on staying in the states or just aim high for Argentina which is where you want to be!

Ironically Argentina has been running very below average like here lol. Buenos Aires has an average high of roughly 20c in may yet they haven't even touched 20c! Nice to know we aren't suffering alone. Everyone east of the Mississippi is deserving of some serious warmth!
Yup, I was looking at the accuweather page and it looks like they have it even worse than us! Not much worse, but still worse

Actually I just want to get out of Upstate NY, I wouldnt mind being back in NYC where at least in these kinds of cold waves it will be around 65f instead of 55f lol. I love the big city charm of NYC that I don't think could be recreated anywhere else in the states except for maybe in Chicago, but moving to Chicago in search of warmer winters would be a lil bit counterproductive lol. That's one of the reasons I kinda want to live in South America, you can have warm weather AND that big city feel! I loved being in Lima Peru, I know some gringos have actually moved there because of the slower pace of life and warm weather and because of how cheap the cost of living is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 08:09 PM

83,549 posts, read 75,414,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I bet we'll find something interesting soon like lack of 80s somewhere?
Found one... maybe

Guess what happened in May 1983 & 1967?

Bridgeport, CT didnt even hit 75°F... they havent this month yet either... still 2wks left though.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:29 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,218,485 times
Looks chilly tonight in Wausau, Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest. Frost advisories and even freeze warnings.

Attached Thumbnails
Spring 2016 thread (Northern Hemisphere)-wausaufrostadvisory.png   Spring 2016 thread (Northern Hemisphere)-midwestfrostadvisory.png  

Old 05-17-2016, 08:52 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I'm sick of it tbh. 60s when my average high is 80?????????? that's like 30s in January when the average is 50. We will eventually get roasted, and when we do I want it to really be record breaking. I want the center of all the warmth to specifically be in upstate new York and new England with +10 monthly anomalies. 90s in the forecast for next week also. Bring it on, there already late. Weatherman said temps back to 80s on Tuesday also which is normal for this time of year. Anomalies this deeply negative are not common in may.

Lol don't count on it. The warmth is elsewhere on the globe for years. We had our run of 20 years of mild winters and warm summers. It ended in 2013. It is only going to get colder moving forward.

Get used to it. Watch Europe and the West Coast bake for years now.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:39 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,336,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humid Subtropical View Post
I find the complaints from people on the direct east coast this May confusing since we usually have somewhat similar weather patterns. This May has been pleasant here in terms of sunshine hours, likely even above average..
This May has been -4.3 degrees below average, mid-50s is NOT normal weather for May

Old 05-18-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humid Subtropical View Post
I find the complaints from people on the direct east coast this May confusing since we usually have somewhat similar weather patterns. This May has been pleasant here in terms of sunshine hours, likely even above average..
"confusing" in what way?

Did you see this? It's rare to have this many clouds in May....or any month for that matter. This isn't our normal climate (hence the complaints) If we actually counted sunshine hours we would just need the fingers on our hands. (exaggerating a bit) It's been nuts with all these clouds! And not ending either.

Makes me rethink about any Volcanoes going off or this .. Notice 2003 in D.C cloudy graph also came at the peak downturn of the last solar cycle.

I'd like a regional or global cloudy graph instead of a local one though. I read once a quiet sun = more clouds on Earth

Old 05-18-2016, 05:33 AM

Now it's "wait till after 25th"

Keeps pushing back and back. Where's that Violin??

https://twitter.com/crankywxguy/stat...90034001575936

But once the unsettled weather clears out, temps rebound, but again...waiting another 7 days. My plants are desperate for sun! UGH!!!

Old 05-18-2016, 06:50 AM

To the temps...

To the clouds...

Also, Normal max is 71 now.

Why can't it just simply be Sunny and cool in CT??! lol At this point, I'm ready to bake in 80s and 90s. Just give me sun at least. Gees! Just give me a poke!!

Old 05-18-2016, 10:15 AM

29,551 posts, read 19,645,273 times
https://twitter.com/NWSChicago/statu...16659288199169
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather