Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 06:36 PM

83,571 posts, read 75,516,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
So if those are the 850s I wonder what kind of highs on the surface that would produce. Or is that map surface temps. Also yeah odds are it will change models have been all over the place.
Top left on map. 2m Temps. Those are the max surface temps. .... in Fahrenheit. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 06:42 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,418,258 times
Quote:
Cambium;42916686]Top left on map. 2m Temps. Those are the max surface temps. .... in Fahrenheit. Lol
Well Idk what to say... this better trend warmer. The damage this would do. Huh well in times like this I just remember my country of Palestine. Warm warm climate. Grandfather told me how in there land they had mangos oranges and bananas and guava and date palms and lemons and olives and figs! Huh. Oh well. Grandmother in Amman told me how she would just throw out the seeds from the date palms she ate out the window and they would sprout. Huh. Praying to God this trends warmer for my sake.are u sure they are not Celsius temps cambium.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:49 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,954,563 times
Quote:
So if those are the 850s I wonder what kind of highs on the surface that would produce. Or is that map surface temps. Also yeah odds are it will change models have been all over the place.

Those are surface temps. You won't get out of the low 20'sF.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Well Idk what to say... this better trend warmer. The damage this would do. Huh well in times like this I just remember my country of Palestine. Warm warm climate. Grandfather told me how in there land they had mangos oranges and bananas and guava and date palms and lemons and olives and figs! Huh. Oh well. Grandmother in Amman told me how she would just throw out the seeds from the date palms she ate out the window and they would sprout. Huh. Praying to God this trends warmer for my sake.are u sure they are not Celsius temps cambium.

Palestine doesn't get -30F anomalies probably ever. You should realize that by now. You will never grow mangos outside of deep South FL.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Those are surface temps. You won't get out of the low 20'sF.
According to that. It has not happened yet and odds are it will trend warmer.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Palestine doesn't get -30F anomalies probably ever. You should realize that by now. You will never grow mangos outside of deep South FL.
Yeah lol Amman at 3k feet up is a " cold city" by middle eastern standards and at 31 degrees north only has a record low of 24. The deviations from normal on the cold side have not been much here in the eastern us when compared to the 80s unfortunately the polar vortex wants to end that streak and freeze us all.. Oh well apparently in the end of the day it's still global warming lol... except in the eastern us.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:

Trust me they are F and not C. You realize Charleston had an ice day the year before last (2014). If it happens this year it will be two out of three years. From 1979 to 1982 Charleston had five straight years of ice days with the lowest max being 26F in 1980. Isn't that disqualifying for a subtropical climate?

It is so obvious there has been a real warming trend since 1990. When we get the combo of whatever caused the 70's and 80's, there will be a wipeout of all kinds of palms in Charleston and Savannah. They will look like what they did in the 1980's. Just Sabal and some Butia and that is all. No CIDP's except in extreme microclimates and no other kind of phoenix palms, livistona, etc.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:04 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,726,575 times
Quote:
Trust me they are F and not C. You realize Charleston had an ice day the year before last (2014). If it happens this year it will be two out of three years. From 1979 to 1982 Charleston had five straight years of ice days with the lowest max being 26F in 1980. Isn't that disqualifying for a subtropical climate?

It is so obvious there has been a real warming trend since 1990. When we get the combo of whatever caused the 70's and 80's, there will be a wipeout of all kinds of palms in Charleston and Savannah. They will look like what they did in the 1980's. Just Sabal and some Butia and that is all. No CIDP's except in extreme microclimates and no other kind of phoenix palms, livistona, etc.
Would that apply to other climates as well?

Melbourne gets 40C+days most years, does that mean it isn't Cfb?

Old 02-06-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Would that apply to other climates as well?

Melbourne gets 40C+days most years, does that mean it isn't Cfb?
As you always say it is the cold that determines the flora, and the flora the climate. 5 years in a row with a max below freezing is not saying much for the "tropical" part of "subtropical".

Old 02-06-2016, 07:22 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,008,821 times
Quote:
As you always say it is the cold that determines the flora, and the flora the climate. 5 years in a row with a max below freezing is not saying much for the "tropical" part of "subtropical".
Eastern Us and Eastern Asia is just an Subtropical climate with Continental influences.

Melbourne would be an Oceanic Climate with Continental Influences too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather