Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 06:28 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,736,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Hibernate Wed-Sat
Hopefully enjoy few days after that

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 06:49 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,681,836 times
Quote:
Does weather (or climate ) ever stay still? Its always changing.
Well not usually climate at least in short time scales. Weather stays still in some places. Say, the tropics or California. Check out just south of San Francisco. Except for a few hot days, temperatures were roughly the same every day.

Weather History for San Francisco, CA | Weather Underground

Low are very consistent with the Pacific Ocean next door.

Quote:
The general setup should stay but naturally we get ups and downs. High pressure around New England returns next week. Philly northward will get these breaks still. I'm very thankful for them becuse normally (in recent years anyway) we rarely had long breaks like we just had.

Enjoy today and tomorrow.
Hibernate Wed-Sat

FYI... Maybe your confusing temps with mugginess. The temps trend should remain...mugginess up and down.

I don't see 90s yet until early July at least no heat waves in sight yet
I was half-joking though I do remember you saying this setup would continue during the summer but I was being unrealistic and ignoring ups and downs. The last four summers were some of the hottest summers we've gotten, though August was often near normal. This summer is rather different, but I think the previous decade we've gotten some like this.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:03 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,257,643 times
Quote:
Does weather (or climate ) ever stay still? Its always changing. The general setup should stay but naturally we get ups and downs. High pressure around New England returns next week. Philly northward will get these breaks still. I'm very thankful for them becuse normally (in recent years anyway) we rarely had long breaks like we just had.

Enjoy today and tomorrow.
Hibernate Wed-Sat

FYI... Maybe your confusing temps with mugginess. The temps trend should remain...mugginess up and down.

I don't see 90s yet until early July at least no heat waves in sight yet
Yuck . I want another stretch of low humidity weather after the 90's hit.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:53 AM

83,648 posts, read 75,796,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post

I was half-joking though I do remember you saying this setup would continue during the summer but I was being unrealistic and ignoring ups and downs.
It will. Your only hope for well above normal temps for this summer is August. I don't even think August will be but who knows. I Will repeat that it will be hard for intense or long lasting heat waves. So enjoy the 70s/80s this summer. We'll see if it changes for August or September in few weeks.

And Just curious... Do you play the radar, water vapor, satellite, or surface map loop? Atmosphere is fluid, it never stays still. We're sometimes lucky to get caught in a certain pattern at times but things are still moving around whether its in northeast, south, pacific, or Europe. And whether its 2 days or 7 days nothing stays still.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:21 AM

Latest GFS 12z says no 90s north of central NJ through July 9th except possibly on July 1st. So it's fitting the bill that if 90s do show up it's for a day or 2 only and not totally widespread in Northeast.

That's the time frame for NYC to finally hit 90. June 30-July 3rd time frame. After that doesn't look promising again but it's still long range. We'll see. Mugginess appearing more and more but naturally so this time of year

Here's Northern CT Data.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:51 PM

The higher the heights the more heat there is... 594 is pretty much HOT heat where upper 90s and 100s will be well above normal heat.

Here's how last year June 27th was. Large area in Southwest with 594 heights. Very hot underneath and naturally spreading the heat throughout the U.S...

Where is it this year??? It's like the excessive heat is not showing up. Yes it's hot. Yes its muggy. Yes the heat index is hot; but there's no higher heights around.

Play the GFS 500mb Heights loop. Tell me if you see it. Not showing up. No torching heat around yet. It shows up for hour 252 July 3rd for one frame and that's it.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:37 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,533,476 times
Just had one of those showers where you can see blue sky around, although it was pouring down rain on top of me. Sun came out just as the shower was ending, so not a true "sun shower" this time.

Temps dropped from around 90 into the 70's though, although the humidity is pretty fierce of course. Hoping for more substantial rains tomorrow.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:09 PM

Miami, Florida (MIA) coldest June since 2002 with an average of 80.7°F so far (as of 22nd)

Old 06-23-2014, 05:33 PM

Temps not as warm as forecast today thanks to extensive cloudiness, and some outflow from storms around the region. It is quite humid however with dew points in the low 70's

Old 06-23-2014, 08:05 PM

Now I know what those ominous clouds to the east of me were doing....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather