Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:13 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,385,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPop View Post
That's Irish - the Republic that is. The other half of my own family

The Irish hate the Scots too for being racist bigots!
The Irish love the Scots. They are united in their dislike of the English.

So I can't use eejit unless I live in Ireland or I'm Irish?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:17 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,025,714 times
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

Listen, I'm talkling context. How many people died in the above mentioned incidents? How many stabbings and how often do these instances occur as a percentage in Scotland compared to England. There are Scottish clubs such as Rangers that have relationships with hooligans in England (i.e Chelsea and Rangers because of their pro Ulster Unionist views). Aberdeen have a relationship with Tottenham Hotspur football club's hooligans but this relationship is not political, just a mutual passion for fighting. The level of violence in English club football has been far greater over the years though and no-one except you would doubt this fact.

Scotland's national fans have never been involved in an incident of the magnitude of Lansdowne Road. Scotland has hooligan fans but have never been involved as many serious international incidents. In fact, I've never heard of any Scotish crowd trouble at any other international match apart from the England fixture. And as regards incidents of violence of the magnitude exported by English fans across Europe, it would be ridiculous to compare the two.

That's why you don't see the same level of riot vans and helicopters awaiting Scottish fans when they arrive at a tournament. Just jubilant fans and a carnival atmosphere. The English just aren't as welcome abroad as the Scots and Irish. Your ignorance and ineptitude to grasp and respect another country's culture is exactly the kind of behaviour that proves my point. You brazenly march around the world like you still own half of it but you are nothing but America's poodle militarily (under the ghastly Bush regime especially though hopefully Obama will do the right thing and cut Cammers and the Eton/Bullingdon brigade loose) and your economy is a wilting, incompetent mess. You just can't behave.

Last edited by Fear&Whiskey; 07-10-2010 at 02:38 PM..

Old 07-10-2010, 03:00 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,961,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

Listen, I'm talkling context. How many people died in the above mentioned incidents? How many stabbings and how often do these instances occur as a percentage in Scotland compared to England. There are Scottish clubs such as Rangers that have relationships with hooligans in England (i.e Chelsea and Rangers because of their pro Ulster Unionist views). Aberdeen have a relationship with Tottenham Hotspur football club's hooligans but this relationship is not political, just a mutual passion for fighting. The level of violence in English club football has been far greater over the years though and no-one except you would doubt this fact.

Scotland's national fans have never been involved in an incident of the magnitude of Lansdowne Road. Scotland has hooligan fans but have never been involved as many serious international incidents. In fact, I've never heard of any Scotish crowd trouble at any other international match apart from the England fixture. And as regards incidents of violence of the magnitude exported by English fans across Europe, it would be ridiculous to compare the two.

That's why you don't see the same level of riot vans and helicopters awaiting Scottish fans when they arrive at a tournament. Just jubilant fans and a carnival atmosphere. The English just aren't as welcome abroad as the Scots and Irish. Your ignorance and ineptitude to grasp and respect another country's culture is exactly the kind of behaviour that proves my point. You brazenly march around the world like you still own half of it but you are nothing but America's poodle militarily (under the ghastly Bush regime especially though hopefully Obama will do the right thing and cut Cammers and the Eton/Bullingdon brigade loose) and your economy is a wilting, incompetent mess. You just can't behave.
Don't forget Celtic's well documented relationship with the IRA and to a lesser extent ETA. Or the fact that, during WW2, the authorities seriously considered closing down Celtic due to the anti-British and pro-German sentiments being expressed by their support.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:19 PM

173 posts, read 156,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
The Irish love the Scots. They are united in their dislike of the English.
The Irish hate the Scots like the Dutch hate the Germans... you are not getting accurate information in Scotland

Old 07-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Don't forget Celtic's well documented relationship with the IRA and to a lesser extent ETA. Or the fact that, during WW2, the authorities seriously considered closing down Celtic due to the anti-British and pro-German sentiments being expressed by their support.
Do a little research regarding the numbers of Irish who fought in the British Army against the Germans, both in WW1 and WW2.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:35 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,385,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPop View Post
The Irish hate the Scots like the Dutch hate the Germans... you are not getting accurate information in Scotland
Away an bile yer heid, ya numpty.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:43 PM

The Anglo-Saxon response is a simple **** off you Scottish ****-for-brains

Old 07-10-2010, 04:02 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,025,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Well if we were to ban football fans on the strength of the songs they sing there would be hardly a football club in Britain standing today. What about the racial abuse towards black players in the 70's and 80's in England? The Nazi sympathisers and Combat 18 groups allied to Chelsea and other football clubs across England active in the 90's and far more recent history? There's certainly no shortage of Nazi aympathisers amongst neo-nazi football supporters in England. Anti-semetic chants are still sung in England today and many other songs along the lines of "I'd rather be a Pakistani than a Turk" etc...so I don't think you could single out one football club and not the rest.

Usually the vitriol between rival fans at football breaks down to singing songs that will most embitter and hurt your most intense opponents. This is why football fans will sing whatever feels most degrading and vicious in attack. Rangers fans will sing songs about starving Irishmen and women drowning in 'Fenian blood', revel in sogs about Ireland's suffereing during the potatato famine and Celtic fans will sing anything to upset Rangers fans as a retort. Most Celtic songs are mild and more a sentiment of Irish and Celtic pride such 'The Fields Of Athenry' which is a beautiful Irish song. And I'm sick of people whining about Celtic fans singing this song. It has a proud place in irish history and is alot less sectarian than the bile the Rangers fans in Glasgow sing.

I tell you one thing though, if I had of of grown up being harassed and burnt out of my home and saw the devastation wreaked upon the innocent victims of Croke Park by merciless British soldiers I dare say I would have opposed the invading army that occupied my country too. Many of my ancestors did and lost their lives doing so. It wasn't something done lightly. Many families buried all their children that died fighting for freedom but Ireland still had the fortitude to send soldiers to fight the greater evil in Nazi Germany. The IRA certainly had the right to defend itself and oppose what was and always will be an illegal occupation.

The pro-German sentiments you speak of were actually alot stronger and more strongly felt by members of the Royal family News | London Evening Standard (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-15924727-touchy-subject-of-royal-links-with-nazi-germany - broken link). sympathetic to Hitler as well as facists like Oswald Moseley. There was no pro-German agenda in WW2 from the Irish. The IRA had no serious involvement in the barely considered afterthought 'operation green' and the whole charade was a drunken shambles more than anything seriously on the cards that stemmed from a covert double agent trying to prise what he could by playing a double agent who could grab what he could from wherever he could get hold of it..It barely registers as a moment of historic worthiness at all and is overplayed by all the usual reactionary oiks with anti-Irish agendas. I certainly wouldn't support such an alliance regardless, wherever it came from. Having said that I'd say the majority of Ireland was behind the Allied campaign against Germany despite their grievances and bitterness against the English Government. That's why two thirds of the Irish army joined the Allied campaign and there was 70,000 other volunteers which is alot when you consider they weren't obligated to join the effort.

A Cork boat was seized in another famous incident and Hitler tried to convince them to operate against England in the war and they were butchered when they refused. They stoically refused to be party to such a vindictive ideology and their bravery cost them their lives. In fact, many Irishmen died in the battlefields of World War two for the Allied campaign and countles more in the American army where Irish soldiers were very much at the forefront of the American war effort.

Last edited by Fear&Whiskey; 07-10-2010 at 05:16 PM..

Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
I tell you one thing though, if I had of of grown up being harassed and burnt out of my home and saw the devastation wreaked upon the innocent victims of Croke Park by merciless British soldiers
Bollox! What crap!!

By your logic, the Germans, Japanese and even the Americans (via Vietnam), are ****ed for all time!

Your twisted logic actually justifies Islamic terrorism including 9/11!

You are a sad ****wit and you really need to widen your perspective on global geo-political reality

Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,930,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
It says prescriptions are free for the chronically ill.

Yes, it is Scottish oil. The Orkneys and Shetland are part of Scotland.
The Orkneys and Shetland isles are looking for their independance from Scotland. as for all this hate you that are suggesting excists between the Scots and the English it is utter rot. There are probably more Scots living in England than in Scotland i grew up close to a town in Northants. where the population was mainly Scottish who had come down to work in the Steelworks, they kept there cultural heritage and quite rightly so, we kept ours too and we all got on very well none of the hatred you are suggesting.There has always been friendly banter among the areas of the British Isles even between the counties and the North and South of England not hatred though....don't understand where this is coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom