Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,383,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPop View Post
The English may be arrogant - we have a lot to be arrogant about.

Many Scots are bigoted racists!
Really You have what to be arrogant about? Certainly can't be the England football team with the amazing Wayne Rooney.

Scots are only racists against the arrogant English.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:02 PM

173 posts, read 156,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
Scots are only racists against the arrogant English.
You're proud of that?

Attacks on English a disgrace to north-east

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

Appalling

Old 07-10-2010, 12:38 PM

3,261 posts, read 3,709,932 times
Well BritPop what do you expect from an American pretending to be a Scot.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:43 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,024,004 times
Quote:
You're proud of that?

Attacks on English a disgrace to north-east

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

Appalling

I don't think the English have done themselves too proud in this regard either. Cowardly fans throwing sharp, metallic objects and iron bars below, injuring innocent children and even some of their own supporters below in a football match in Dublin for example. Certainly, Scottish football supporters have never been involved in an incident of this magnitude and there have been countless stabbings, killings and riots at football mathces in England. There are intense rivalries as likely to result in violence every bit as much as the Rangers v Celtic fixture. Probably alot more so in the case of West Ham v Millwall, Man.UTd v Liverpool or Everton or Spurs v Chelsea. I remember coming back from visiting Clapham and seeing an army of police trying to break up rival supporters.
England fans in football riot - News - The Independent

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/40738-10...urs-fans-clash

As for the Shetlands, it's been Scottish for over 560 years. Media mohuls like Murdoch are always going to stir up anti-Scottish sentiment but that doesn't mean it's not their oil. It falls under Scottish jurisdiction and that's the end of it. And if you wanna talk geography, the Scots are certanly alot closer to their oil than England is to the Falklands. But I don't hear the Westminster Parliament vowing to let go of the Falklands anytime soon.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
Certainly, Scottish football supporters have never been involved in an incident of this magnitude
Ranger's Fans Riot - UEFA Cup FInal

Rangers fans clash with police Manchester

Scotland's Shame shame Scotland

Aberdeen Fans Rioting in Madrid

Celtic - Bring shame to scotland once again ...

You spout off so much crap

Old 07-10-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
As for the Shetlands, it's been Scottish for over 560 years. Media mohuls like Murdoch are always going to stir up anti-Scottish sentiment but that doesn't mean it's not their oil. It falls under Scottish jurisdiction and that's the end of it. And if you wanna talk geography, the Scots are certanly alot closer to their oil than England is to the Falklands. But I don't hear the Westminster Parliament vowing to let go of the Falklands anytime soon.
It's the UK's oil. If the union breaks up, it's not Scotland's oil. It will belong to whomsoever lays claim to it. The Shetlands, Orkneys and Norway probably have the best claim. Scotland can go fight for it - in court that is.

The Falklands choose to be a British Overseas Territory and will remain so until the Falklanders choose otherwise.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Well BritPop what do you expect from an American pretending to be a Scot.
Where did I say I was a Scot I live in Scotland and I'm a British citizen but I never said I was Scottish.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Where did I say I was a Scot I live in Scotland and I'm a British citizen but I never said I was Scottish.
You're a Yank but you're a British citizen and you live in Scotland but you're not Scottish

WTF?

Alzheimer's Society - Leading the fight against dementia

Old 07-10-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
You're a Yank but you're a British citizen and you live in Scotland but you're not Scottish

WTF?

Alzheimer's Society - Leading the fight against dementia
You get confused easily? 1. I am American. 2. I married a Scot and moved to Scotland. 3. I became a naturalised British citizen. 4. The wee bit of Scottish blood I have is too far back to count for much.

Understand? Eejit.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Eejit.
That's Irish - the Republic that is. The other half of my own family

The Irish hate the Scots too for being racist bigots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom