Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:12 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Agreed, I own and am licensed to carry weapons, and I would not encourage anyone to shoot "Harry" in any event. But that wasn't the previous posters response. Obviously, she goofed, I caught her, and she was trying to misdirect in her response with irrelevance, not to mention the personal insult.
I've seen personal insults break out in the P&C forum over politics, religion, etc...but Bigfoot? LOL. Amusing. Keep the faith!
Ah yes the insults. Country people know what they know from living in the country. People from other out in the country often think they know it all and treat country people so. When she told you something that she very well knows in her mind is true and has always thought that since a child and was told that by family such as parent and relatives then they can get testy when they are so easily dismissed.

Ignore most everything that you have read about BF and go out in the woods along a creek and sit tin the dark etc with no fire and just sit and listen.Or get a ghille suit also for sitting out in the daytime. You just never know what you might experience. Did you go to the other thread and see the photos that i have collected from others that are the real deal. The idea that you are going to see a BF that just stood there long enough for you to get a photo of it standing there is not viable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM

766 posts, read 1,395,723 times
I have 4 adult sons (just to give you an idea of my age). Long before the technology of cell phones and dig cams.... let me tell ya.... I owned a camera (the kind that was expensive with buying film, and having to process the film)... I rarely took pics of my kids growing up! Why??? Because 80% of all my pics were blurry!

No matter how hard I tried to keep a steady hand, for that perfect Birthday picture, I just couldn't do it! I even have pictures of blurry cakes!

Fast forward to today... now I own a cheapo cell phone... it's a $20 flip phone. Even others have tried to take a decent pic with my phone.... can't! Don't even send me a pic on my phone. I can't even make out what I'm looking at!

Now.... back to my previous point of having blurry birthday cakes.... put me out in the woods, suddenly surprised by a bigfoot.... and expect me to take a pic that's not blurry, while creaming my underwear at the same time???!!!!!!!!!

Just saying....

Old 07-07-2014, 04:50 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Ahhh Bigfoot has lost my interest - I've kinda moved onto the werewolf thread now. Waiting for the "Hunt for Werewolf" TV shows.

Seriously, in regards to blurry photos. Let's just be happy that the photoshop trend has not hit the Bigfoot phenomena. I am really getting tired of bad UFO photoshop pictures. And then the good fakes are another problem - now it's at the point that even if you have a good picture, you can't guarantee legitimacy, and the photo technology puts everything in doubt. Even the pros are having a difficult time.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
I have 4 adult sons (just to give you an idea of my age). Long before the technology of cell phones and dig cams.... let me tell ya.... I owned a camera (the kind that was expensive with buying film, and having to process the film)... I rarely took pics of my kids growing up! Why??? Because 80% of all my pics were blurry!

No matter how hard I tried to keep a steady hand, for that perfect Birthday picture, I just couldn't do it! I even have pictures of blurry cakes!

Fast forward to today... now I own a cheapo cell phone... it's a $20 flip phone. Even others have tried to take a decent pic with my phone.... can't! Don't even send me a pic on my phone. I can't even make out what I'm looking at!

Now.... back to my previous point of having blurry birthday cakes.... put me out in the woods, suddenly surprised by a bigfoot.... and expect me to take a pic that's not blurry, while creaming my underwear at the same time???!!!!!!!!!

Just saying....
You hit the nail on the head. Very few people can hold a camera steady enough to get a photo without vibration.

Some wild life photographers say they try not to take photos in the woods until afternoon because of all the shadows.

Consider this. When photoing Gorillas you have to have specialized equipment. Why wouldn't you need this type equipment to film a BF?

Read up on it here: ADVICE NEEDED: Best Camera for Gorilla Trekking in Uganda?

Read this post by: Buckster

These animals are also very dark, and you'll be shooting from under a canopy most of the time, even on sunny days. That means you'll want a camera that performs well at higher ISO levels or a lens that has a wider aperture, or both, but now we're getting into the expense problem. Personally, I'd start with better ISO capability - these days it's amazing what the newer bodies can accomplish in that department. And you'll get a lot more bang for your buck with a better capable ISO body than a fast aperture zoom, which is REALLY expensive

Last edited by Versatile; 07-08-2014 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: to add Buckster comment.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:05 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If you want to stay in Texas, Wood Ape Sightings has an article giving a nice overview of factors that might be deemed favorable for large primates: "the Middle Neches River Corridor, followed in order by the Lower Neches River Corridor, the Sulphur River Bottom, and the Big Thicket National Preserve. All four areas have had an abundance of bigfoot sighting reports".

When I lived in Texas, one night at a party, we were talking about our favorite fishing trips. We had this one guy at the party, a Boyfriend of one of the girls we knew, he was a nice enough guy but very no-nonsense, almost flat at times. Didn't joke or laugh much, seemed to take everything in life too seriously.
Anyway, I mentioned that my Grandfather had told me that we should come fishing at the Lake O The Pines in East Texas.

This guy chimes in. "No. I went there once and I will never go back again."
We asked why , the story he told was "I was sitting on the tailgait of the pickup, near a cove, just relaxing, I heard a splash in the water, and I looked and saw something big black and hairy wading through the water. I got out of there and never looked back."
Did not say sasquatch, or bigfoot or wood ape, but this was NOT the kind of guy to tell anything that he did not 100% believe, in fact, he was usually pretty quiet.
Coming from the source, something happened, I do not doubt him. But what did he see ?

I have wondered why no one has seen one when carrying say a Winchester 30/30 like I used to hunt deer as a kid, or with a long barrel Ruger Super blackhawk .44 Magnum which I now carry. Again I DO NOT condone or encourage the killing of one, if it is real, but I wonder why with all the skills of Arkansas and East Texas Hunters, especially 12 Gauge large game loads...?

Old 08-03-2014, 05:23 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I have wondered why no one has seen one when carrying say a Winchester 30/30 like I used to hunt deer as a kid, or with a long barrel Ruger Super blackhawk .44 Magnum which I now carry. Again I DO NOT condone or encourage the killing of one, if it is real, but I wonder why with all the skills of Arkansas and East Texas Hunters, especially 12 Gauge large game loads...?
Maybe because the bf saw the human carrying a 30/30 first? Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal