Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,283,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If you want to stay in Texas, Wood Ape Sightings has an article giving a nice overview of factors that might be deemed favorable for large primates: "the Middle Neches River Corridor, followed in order by the Lower Neches River Corridor, the Sulphur River Bottom, and the Big Thicket National Preserve. All four areas have had an abundance of bigfoot sighting reports".

I have no doubt that you are totally correct. So many people think that you have to get way way back in the woods. You do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 09:40 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,569,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have no doubt that you are totally correct. So many people think that you have to get way way back in the woods. You do not.
We were in Beaumont a few weeks ago and friends there told us they had heard of several sightings this summer, mostly along US or state roads in the nearby Neches River / Big Thicket vicinity.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
We were in Beaumont a few weeks ago and friends there told us they had heard of several sightings this summer, mostly along US or state roads in the nearby Neches River / Big Thicket vicinity.
Thanks for the info. Sightings are getting pretty normal in those parts and areas.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Sightings are getting pretty normal in those parts and areas.
One of my bucket list items is to see a bigfoot / wood ape. I'd seriously consider spending several days several times a year in that area, driving the back roads at dusk and dawn except for one thing: too many drunk drivers in those parts .

Old 06-27-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
One of my bucket list items is to see a bigfoot / wood ape. I'd seriously consider spending several days several times a year in that area, driving the back roads at dusk and dawn except for one thing: too many drunk drivers in those parts .

Get a Ghille suit and find a creek etc that you have heard has activity and sit in the brush for a couple hours in the evening. YMMV

Old 06-28-2014, 02:37 PM

159 posts, read 576,472 times
Quote:
Get a Ghille suit and find a creek etc that you have heard has activity and sit in the brush for a couple hours in the evening. YMMV
So if I set up a campsite at one of these places, and I come face to face with a bigfoot, then how much danger would I be in? Is is a good idea to have a concealed weapon on me just in case I'm put in a dangerous situation?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwart View Post
So if I set up a campsite at one of these places, and I come face to face with a bigfoot, then how much danger would I be in? Is is a good idea to have a concealed weapon on me just in case I'm put in a dangerous situation?
How much danger is subjective. bF'S differ in personalities just as apes and humansTo each his own.You may need bear protection etc depending on the area you are in. Many say that if you shoot one then you better be ready for the others coming in to claim the body.You better have at least a .44 magnum revolver and a long gun with capabilities to take down a Brown Bear. Just remember that anyone has to pay their dues as with anything else. You might go forever and never see anything or have an experience and blow it because you did something wrong or actually see one or most likely just a part of one.

Go to this forum and read a thread started by a person named CIRCLE WALKER. A very good thread.

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization's Message Board

Old 06-30-2014, 12:23 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,971,956 times
Quote:
I suspect that if you are looking for a creature you think is bigfoot, your mind will convince you that every shadow or noise is bigfoot, and you will get your wish.

Backpacking is a serious hobby, there are thousands that spend lots of leasure time in the backwoods, in my younger days I did - Florida, Georgia, Alabama, lots in the Appalachians, some out west and Alaska. I posted this in a Bigfoot thread however a year ago or so - if you want to know the backwoods then drop by a hunting store or camping store (such as REI, with some hardcore people that spend a lot of time in the backwoods). Mention Bigfoot to these experienced outdoorsman, the eyewitness accounts should be at the top there right? They would know all the spots, makes sense right...

....see how quickly you get laughed out of the place.
Not ridiculing your bucket list - but it should be "enjoy camping in the outdoors, the solitude and beauty of nature..." not "chat with Bigfoot". If "Harry" comes out while you are lighting up your whisperlite stove and enjoying coffee in the morning, consider it a bonus.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
if you want to know the backwoods then drop by a hunting store or camping store (such as REI, with some hardcore people that spend a lot of time in the backwoods). Mention Bigfoot to these experienced outdoorsman, the eyewitness accounts should be at the top there right? They would know all the spots, makes sense right..

....see how quickly you get laughed out of the place.
I'm 65 and come from a long line of east TX and SE OK backwoods folks. I grew up in an isolated area that didn't get electricity until the mid-50's and running water until the mid-60s. Bigfoot has been a topic of interest going back to the mid-1960s for neighbors and family, long before we ever heard that term. Back then, they just referred to it as "a creature". In fact, we thought it was a local phenomenon and had no idea there were reports throughout history and the world.

None of my brothers or other male relatives or their friends, who were proficient hunters by the time they entered grade school, would laugh at anyone interested in the topic.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I'm 65 and come from a long line of east TX and SE OK backwoods folks. I grew up in an isolated area that didn't get electricity until the mid-50's and running water until the mid-60s. Bigfoot has been a topic of interest going back to the mid-1960s for neighbors and family, long before we ever heard that term. Back then, they just referred to it as "a creature". In fact, we thought it was a local phenomenon and had no idea there were reports throughout history and the world.

None of my brothers or other male relatives or their friends, who were proficient hunters by the time they entered grade school, would laugh at anyone interested in the topic.
I totally agree with you. I have had relatives from Arkansas get all over me about the subject.I was told that everyone knows that if you mess with them (bf's); then they will start messing with you. Pretty much all states surrounding Arkansas have the same things going on. They don't care what outsiders think and usually won't talk about them. Some Indians call them Haddicks.

It is useless to argue about it with non believers. I started out to bust this as a hoax back in the 90's and have failed miserably but with some excitement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal