Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:14 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,321,973 times

Advertisements

Go set up a bit of a camp along a river or creek etc. They always follow the creeks. DO NOT have a campfire. You never know what might happen or see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 11:45 AM

20,319 posts, read 21,208,826 times
I am planning on going on a BFRO expedition later in the summer or early fall. There's a few scheduled in my neck of the woods.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I am planning on going on a BFRO expedition later in the summer or early fall. There's a few scheduled in my neck of the woods.
Where i come from the BFRO is not that well liked. I think there are good reasons for this that i won't go into. Google for it and i think you will find out. What area are you in? Surely cheaper when you go by yourself or at least not in a paid group. Have they ever gone out with a group and NOT had any contacts or events happen?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:14 PM

Seems like a cool thing. I got too much on my plate to try and plan and do it on my own.
I'd rather just be told to show up on "x" at "x" o'clock.
I'm a skeptic and try to debunk everything. I will surely know if someone is playing games out there.
I have extensive experience in the outdoors so I'm not some wet behind the ear rookie that can have the wool pulled over my eyes.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Seems like a cool thing. I got too much on my plate to try and plan and do it on my own.
I'd rather just be told to show up on "x" at "x" o'clock.
I'm a skeptic and try to debunk everything. I will surely know if someone is playing games out there.
I have extensive experience in the outdoors so I'm not some wet behind the ear rookie that can have the wool pulled over my eyes.
How can you tell or not that a scream in the distance is recorded or the real thing? How can you tell a wood knock is not some guy doing? Hey it is your money and i am sure we would all like to hear the outcome of your expedition.

Once again i have never heard that the BFRO has failed for those paying for an expedition or whatever has failed to experience something labeled BIGFOOT.

Check this out: http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=113816&page=2

Very interesting. The BFRO has just posted their expedition schedule for 2009. In keeping with the trend that I noted in the OP, this year shows a significant increase in expeditions, 26 listed to last year's 18:

http://bfro.net/news/roundup/exped_next.asp

Some speculative math. 29 expeditions X 30 participants at $300 per person = $261,000.00. That's just a crude estimate. With financial backing by a multi-millionaire and that kind of capital to look forward to, is it unreasonable to be unimpressed with the BFRO pulling lint out of its Bigfoot evidence pockets?

Old 06-19-2014, 02:15 PM

162 posts, read 578,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Go set up a bit of a camp along a river or creek etc. They always follow the creeks. DO NOT have a campfire. You never know what might happen or see.
I have always been very interested in bigfoot. I know that you mentioned eastern Oklahoma as a hotspot for bigfoot sightings. Can you please tell me the exact location of the town/forest/campsite that you have had the most encounters with bigfoot? I live in Dallas and I might be interested in driving up to Oklahoma sometime to check it out for myself.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:08 PM

They better be very good actors to appear genuinely excited or whatever if any "activity" arises. I'm in the bull**** business. I can smell it miles away.
And to be honest, I don't really care, still seems like it would be a cool experience even if it ends up being staged. It'd still be entertaining to me as I call bull****!

Old 06-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwart View Post
I have always been very interested in bigfoot. I know that you mentioned eastern Oklahoma as a hotspot for bigfoot sightings. Can you please tell me the exact location of the town/forest/campsite that you have had the most encounters with bigfoot? I live in Dallas and I might be interested in driving up to Oklahoma sometime to check it out for myself.
Go to any forested area of Leflore Cty or McCurtain CTY(get east of Broken Bow Reservoir). Yes there is action at campgrounds but i never go to them. Any of those logging roads will due but better to be near water. You can just go to PAT MAYES LAKE just north of Paris Tx. You will have to use the park camping areas. Plenty of people from Paris just show up to here the howling off the the east. Don't let your dog run loose. East Tx has plenty of action as well. The BIG THICKET is full of them. Do as i have said in other posts and don't let you guns be exposed where a critter could see them. They know about guns.

No i won't give you the exact locations but there are plenty of others.

Let us know how you did. Going one time and then saying nothing happened and thus they are not there is not sufficient.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:24 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,601,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwart View Post
If you want to stay in Texas, Wood Ape Sightings has an article giving a nice overview of factors that might be deemed favorable for large primates: "the Middle Neches River Corridor, followed in order by the Lower Neches River Corridor, the Sulphur River Bottom, and the Big Thicket National Preserve. All four areas have had an abundance of bigfoot sighting reports".

Old 06-22-2014, 01:17 PM

I have a splitting headache from being on youtube for hours and hours and hours...It's like crack! I can't stop. One video just keeps leading to the next one.
A few are pretty compelling. Most are just here nor there mixed in with quite a few blatent hoaxings and joke videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal