Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,274,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Top Chef is having a show with REAL chefs. And boy oh boy, imagine if you can, how they will take criticism. Should be interesting.
Oh girl you know you have to spill the details for me since I can't search. When what time who is judging? Do I need to retrain you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 07:59 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,219,273 times
here ya go Jax, then I suppose someone should start a Top Chef Masters thread?

Bravo announces the host and judges for its new series, Top Chef Masters.
1 of 1 pagesThe Dish
Attention, Top Chef fans! Need more Top Chef in your life? Um, who doesn't. Well, you're in luck because Top Chef Masters is a-coming.

Each episode will hold two challenges for the chefs. The first is a twist on the classic Quickfire Challenge which tests their basic abilities and the second is a more involved Elimination Challenge designed to test the versatility and invention of the chefs as they take on unique culinary trials such as working with unusual and exotic foods or catering for a range of demanding clients. The food will be tasted and evaluated by the judges and a wide range of tasters for whom the challenge is aimed, whether it is patrons at a five-star restaurant or a room full of hungry kids — the food has to appeal to the diner as well as the critics if the chef is to survive.

And who are these judges?

Food journalist Kelly Choi will serve as the series' host, and renowned restaurant critic Gael Greene, culinary expert James Oseland, and food critic Jay Rayner will serve as judges. The show will feature 24 world-renowned chefs competing against each other in a series of weekly challenges, as only one chef will make it to the finals to compete for the title of "Top Chef Master" and a prize for the charity of their choice.

I'm so excited I could spit (That's an expression, right?)

- Monica A.
Blogs - The Dish - Top Chef Masters News - Bravo TV Official Site

Host
Gael Greene
Judge
Jay Rayner
Judge
James Oseland
Judge
Tim Love
Contestant
Christopher Lee
Contestant
Cindy Pawlcyn
Contestant
Rick Moonen
Contestant
Anita Lo
Contestant
Hubert Keller
Contestant
Michael Cimarusti
Contestant
Elizabeth Falkner
Contestant
Wylie Dufresne
Contestant
Mark Peel
Contestant
Michael Chiarello
Contestant
Roy Yamaguchi
Contestant
Graham Elliot Bowles
Contestant
Wilo Benet
Contestant
Art Smith
Contestant
Suzanne Tracht
Contestant
Michael Schlow
Contestant
Lachlan Mackinnon Patterson
Contestant
Nils Noren
Contestant
Rick Bayless
Contestant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Oh girl you know you have to spill the details for me since I can't search. When what time who is judging? Do I need to retrain you?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 PM

Thanks Dream ya dun good.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:00 AM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,635,248 times
WTF!? Ramsey is an idiot

Paula was robbed!

Old 05-16-2009, 12:17 AM
bjh

Notice GR complimented Paula's restaurant decor, but not Danny's. And she won the most competitions. She was clearly the best, but GR couldn't see that. Am losing respect for GR for this and other reasons.

Also, I think Danny's choice of beef and Paula's choice of fish had an influence on the customers' comment cards too! Don't you think? They don't tell us the entire menu of 3 each apps/entrees/desserts. So.. who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Danny's team must have cooked godly food because he certainly didn't win it with his Dining room design. It was awful and pittyful. Paula's was superb. The outcome made no sense.
Agreed, based on food, too. Then GR gives his little talk to the camera at the end saying Borgata should be happy he stuck them with an arrogant red-neck (Danny's words) dork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
OMG Donkeys!!! I think Paula was screwed because she had Lazy and Madam Donkey in her kitchen. Neither of them can cook worth a damn. I was appalled by Lazy and Gio's attitudes. We get it - you weren't the top two, but by golly you better get behind your teammate(s) and do your very best! If neither of them cared whether their team won or lost, why did they bother to come back?
Yes, her staff didn't help. Andrea could cook the halibut. We all knew Lacey would be like a small child. LA seemed steady though.

Gio said he wished he wasn't there. That sounds like he was contractually obligated to be there. "Do this or we'll sue you." Nice.

I feel like the end of The Truman Show. What else is on? Or, here's a revolutionary idea: turn the tube off!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Also, I think Danny's choice of beef and Paula's choice of fish had an influence on the customers' comment cards too! Don't you think? They don't tell us the entire menu of 3 each apps/entrees/desserts. So.. who knows.
He always talks about how important fish is to him in both food and decor then cooks beef too.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:05 PM

563 posts, read 1,029,230 times
Quote:
He always talks about how important fish is to him in both food and decor then cooks beef too.
Makes me think of the saying; "give the people what they want". Danny may have figured there's time for fish after the win.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:00 PM
bjh

Quote:
Good point!

And I meant to write that Andrea couldn't cook the fish.

Someone said earlier in the thread that they felt bad for the guy who winds up with Andrea. What about the poor guy who gets Lacey?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:09 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,763,590 times
I think Danny was a more deserving winner.

Wonder what has happened in the mean time as the filming for that season wrapped a year and a half ago in Nov 2007, so Danny has been waiting for a good while for his new restaurant.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:31 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,649,985 times
This sounds like a little false advertisement by GR...

It doesn't sound like Danny will be getting his own restaurant at the Borgata afterall, he will be given a chefs position under chef Stephen Kalt at a Italian restaurant called Fornelletti.

'Hell's Kitchen' finale recap: Danny Veltri is the winner - NJ.com

Also, the $250,000 "prize" is actually his salary in his position for the first year only. So he does not earn the $250K for winning HC, but he will be earning that over the next year. And no guarantee about whether he will stay employed after the first year. Don't get me wrong, $250K is a lot for a salary, but throughout the show, they made it sound like the winner will be getting his/her own restaurant. Unless, they mean he will be working under Stephen Kalt to learn how to run a Italian restaurant before he takes it over, but who knows? I guess it's left up for your own interpretation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV