Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 04:20 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,153,297 times

Advertisements

Where are all my donkeys?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 04:20 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,218,253 times
I wish danny would learn how to dress for gods sake . this is a million dollar establishment with possible millionaire clients and this is how he chooses to dress a flannel jacket and jeans and a plain old striped shirt ? No I think he has no class and people with class run million dollar restaraunts and he definately needs to cut that hair . I think if he wins he should be sent to class on how to dress and act like you are dealing with millionaires for this very reason alone I think Paula will win .

Old 05-08-2009, 04:30 PM
bjh

60,427 posts, read 30,610,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
poor Paula-stuck w/Lacie! I would just have her stand there and wipe my brow.
I like that plan!

Yes, Robert can't come back. We'll likely see them all in the finale.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:44 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,020,368 times
Come on, phonelady. A good stylist could shape Danny up in no time flat. He's not a bad looking guy. I even like the hair, although it looks like it could use a good trim. It's Danny's mindset that might take a bit more work.

When he said he wanted to put a fish on the wall , I cringed. The first thing that came to my mind was Big Mouth Billy Bass (remember, that singing fish on a plaque from a few years ago)? Not exactly what I think of when I envision a first class (read: expensive) resort restaurant.

Combine the fish on the wall and the fact that he referred to his girlfriend as "my chick" () and I have a pretty good idea about who good, ol' Danny is. I would assume the Borgata is looking for a bit more class than Danny has exhibited so far.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:57 PM

8,878 posts, read 13,981,203 times
Ok here goes...

I thought last nights episode was weak. Sure, Danny and Paula deserved to celebrate their ascension to the Final 2. Good for them. The right ones made it.

The challenge left something to be desired. Twinkie was right. A "real" guy is going to pick the beef dish over the fish most of the time. But the prize for that challenge really wasn't that great in the long run. Based on what was narrated, I doubt Paula would have picked Ben over Andrea if given the choice.

However if I was Paula, I would have taken Gio with my first pick. He's one of the few "helpers" that can produce at the service. (BTW, Andrea fans, did you see her screw up the meat station TWICE in the flashbacks? Hiding the burned Wellington's was classic!) So if Paula took Gio, I think Danny would have taken Carol next, which would still give Andrea and Lazy to Paula while Danny got LA. The way it is now, Paula's team is weak with LA being the only one that may help her produce at a service.

However, her professionalism and experience may help her coach her team to a victory and give her the reward I hope she wins.

So back to my original thoughts... What a way to spread 20 minutes of game into a one hour marathon. Let's hope next week is better and the show goes out on a bang!

Old 05-08-2009, 04:59 PM

8,878 posts, read 13,981,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Combine the fish on the wall and the fact that he referred to his girlfriend as "my chick" () and I have a pretty good idea about who good, ol' Danny is. I would assume the Borgata is looking for a bit more class than Danny has exhibited so far.
I thought that is what I heard. Yee Haw!!!

Your statement above is exactly why Paula should take it next week.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:00 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,213,198 times
good post with very good points made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Ok here goes...

I thought last nights episode was weak. Sure, Danny and Paula deserved to celebrate their ascension to the Final 2. Good for them. The right ones made it.

The challenge left something to be desired. Twinkie was right. A "real" guy is going to pick the beef dish over the fish most of the time. But the prize for that challenge really wasn't that great in the long run. Based on what was narrated, I doubt Paula would have picked Ben over Andrea if given the choice.

However if I was Paula, I would have taken Gio with my first pick. He's one of the few "helpers" that can produce at the service. (BTW, Andrea fans, did you see her screw up the meat station TWICE in the flashbacks? Hiding the burned Wellington's was classic!) So if Paula took Gio, I think Danny would have taken Carol next, which would still give Andrea and Lazy to Paula while Danny got LA. The way it is now, Paula's team is weak with LA being the only one that may help her produce at a service.

However, her professionalism and experience may help her coach her team to a victory and give her the reward I hope she wins.

So back to my original thoughts... What a way to spread 20 minutes of game into a one hour marathon. Let's hope next week is better and the show goes out on a bang!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,153,297 times
I think if Danny wins, they'll definitely send him to some kind of training course on etiquette. Before my son became a personal fitness trainer he used to work at Ruth's Chris while he was going to school. They sent all their employees to a training program. It was actually a good thing for my son - not only for working high end restaurants, but for his gig as a trainer. He works in 3 major country club/resorts out here and deals with the wealthiest of people all the time. It's something that has served him very well. He can hang with the dudes, but he can also schmooze with the rich. They'll do that for whoever wins, I'm sure.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:31 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,565,176 times
At the least I hope if Danny wins they get him a decent haircut. Even if chef's with long gair wear a net, it is still kind of gross seeing it, especially a chef in an elite restaurant. I hope Paula wins.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 PM

563 posts, read 1,028,699 times
Speaking of hair and hairnets - at least Danny and Paula always wear bandanas, Andrea did not. I don't think she wore a hairnet, even so a bandana or other headgear is better than no headgear. Yes, Andrea had her hair pulled back but so did Paula (I don't think a tighter bun could be made!). I like that Paula and Danny went the extra in hair covering. Some other contestants did too - Carol, and ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV