Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,725 times

Advertisements

[quote=rxgrrl;7333135]I haven't been watching religiously, is the Osmond from THE Osmond family?
quote]

Yes he is the son of one of the Osmond Brothers. It's the brother that has MS I think, but can't remember his name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 PM

170 posts, read 453,902 times
Alan.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:44 PM

170 posts, read 453,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Did anyone else like Rose? I thought she was unique. I kinda liked her.
I like Rose too. She has a great smile. She was a little fried from no sleep last night, but that was to be expected.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:01 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,539,145 times
Bikini girl - what an obnoxious childish biotch

Then there's the opposite end of the spectrum - Rose - she's a champ - wonderful stage presence and a top notch singer. I was hoping she would stick around to at least the top 20. She hasn't had it easy - lost both parents and brought up by a friends family who say she's a treat to have around - I'll bet, great attitude for a younster, 17 I think.
As for the programming - It is terrible - I want to see performances, not all the back ground drama. It's always best to have an alternative chanel or CD of course to flip to with all the advertising and drama.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,816,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
I love the goth guy too!

I would have liked more music & less whining. The whole first half hour was so irritating I had to keep leaving the room.

I get enough whining from my 13 year old daughter. Some of those contestents were SO obnoxious!
I'm with you about having more music and less whining. One of my friends called to see if I was watching the show and said she couldn't stand all the drama and was turning it off. I stuck it out until the end, but it wasn't easy.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
Bikini girl - what an obnoxious childish biotch

Great description!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I'm with you about having more music and less whining. One of my friends called to see if I was watching the show and said she couldn't stand all the drama and was turning it off. I stuck it out until the end, but it wasn't easy.
Exactly....can we hear people sing please

Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,222,483 times
Nice thing about having DVR is that you can skip the junk if you don't want to watch it and just watch the singing, also get to skip commercials so it takes a lot less time to watch the show. I can't remember the last time we watched a show "live".

Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,603,547 times
David Osmond developed laryngitis and wasn't able to sing.

Tatiana is the drama girl with the irritating laugh who kept switching group.

Jeremy Michael (he goes by Michael) is the oil rig dude. Matt is the welder. Danny Gokey is the guy who lost his wife.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:54 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
YEA!!!! bikini girl is gone!!!!!!! YES YES YES!!! I'm with Kara - she was a witch.
Awe...
bikini girl is gone? Didn't
she bring something else to the competition? The way the girls hated her and the guys voted her through was hillarious. Simon gets 2 votes so all he ever needs is one of the other judges to agree with him.

Besides that, she might have straightened Ryan out.

Kara wants her too, even though Bikini Girl Pwned and Torcha'd her.

That was funny Joel McHale from the Soup played the skit and during the song, "I kissed a girl and I liked it" he implied... well you know! Ryan is short.

Katrina will go on to bigger success than all but the top 2 singers. Hopefully she'll stay away from the San Fernando Valley on her way to her modelling career. Boy, aren't we shallow?

A serious note: we like the gal who lost her mom and dad and was living with those nice folks who took her in, but there is some amazing talent here and there... we'll see.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-06-2009 at 05:09 PM..

Old 02-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
David Osmond developed laryngitis and wasn't able to sing.

oh he did? I missed Tuesday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
Nice thing about having DVR is that you can skip the junk if you don't want to watch it and just watch the singing, also get to skip commercials so it takes a lot less time to watch the show. I can't remember the last time we watched a show "live".
I miss DVR. I need to get it as I always have to miss Tuesday nights. I o like the fact that you can skip through all the commercials and then watch it whenever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Awe...
bikini girl is gone? Didn't
she bring something else to the competition? The way the girls hated her and the guys voted her through was hillarious. Simon gets 2 votes so all he ever needs is one of the other judges to agree with him.
I never saw her tryout. I guess it must of been something. She really had an attitude is all I know, plus all that posing for the camera when she didn't get to move on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV