Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 09:49 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
My wife and I could not believe the guy with sideways hat got cut and fruitloop red pant guy made it. It has to be for the drama like someone else said.
I am still both shocked and outraged that Jamar (the guy with the sideways hat and Danny Gokey's best friend) got cut. I would rather have seen them cut the #1 most annoying contestant (IMO), Tatiana del Toro.

The "fruitloop red pant guy" drives me nuts too with his drama queen antics, but he does have a great voice and a great story. I'm not opposed to them keeping him.

I'm sure they kept some of them for their antics as much as their voices, but I'm hopeful that, if they continue to make it through, that once America starts voting, they will not create another Sanjaya and get some of those people like those mentioned above out of there. If not, it will be as frustrating to watch as it was to watch Cloris Leachman week after week on "Dancing With the Stars."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I am still both shocked and outraged that Jamar (the guy with the sideways hat and Danny Gokey's best friend) got cut. I would rather have seen them cut the #1 most annoying contestant (IMO), Tatiana del Toro.

The "fruitloop red pant guy" drives me nuts too with his drama queen antics, but he does have a great voice and a great story. I'm not opposed to them keeping him.

I'm sure they kept some of them for their antics as much as their voices, but I'm hopeful that, if they continue to make it through, that once America starts voting, they will not create another Sanjaya and get some of those people like those mentioned above out of there. If not, it will be as frustrating to watch as it was to watch Cloris Leachman week after week on "Dancing With the Stars."
Real time reaction...watching the dvr right now:

WHAT!! Unbelieveable that they cut Jamal after that fantastic rendition of 'Hey There Delilah', a song I HATE! Grrrrrrrr. The guy that forgot the lyrics on the last hollywood day should have gone home based on the fact he walked off stage. It isnt fair and they know it.

Whew...well at least Jorge Nunez made it. He was my favorite voice of all, especially during that spanish song he did during his first initial. Hot...hot...hot!

WEEEEHOOOOOO! I'm so glad Norman Gentle made it thru! He's hilarious...a much needed comic relief for this season and something to look forward to. I think he'll go along way. Jackie is okay...I like her rock vocal-the grittiness of it. She pulls her face too much when she sings but I like that she looks/acts like Debra Winger.

Hmmm, okay the judges are smoking crack for sure. Tatiana is rediculous. She is cringingly bad, no matter which way you slice it. If she becomes a singing star, she will have a nervous breakdown before her first album is released. God willing.

Eeeeew, I really didnt think Nathaniel should have made it over the othe guy. The red pants were horribly distracting...not that that rendition of 'Already There' was worth seeing, really. And the 'show choir' style of his performances are obnoxious too.

Okay, please tell me these last two guys are both gonna make it!!! This is rediculous...both of them are great and this is just unfair..............YES!!!!!!! I knew it...those sneaky juges. So silly. But still...whew!

Okay, that still sucks about Jamal but I'm happy.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,480,532 times
I can't beleive Tatiana, Nathaniel (pierced faced crying boy) and Norman made it thru! Some of the girls I think got thru just because they were pretty. Simon even make the remark about wanting good looking girls. Of course Paula and Kara got mad at him but then they cut down the way some of the girls were dressed so they are no better than Simon.
I have a feeling this season of AI is going to suck.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
I can't believe they let Jamal go and kept Nathaniel, the guy who forgot the lyrics and Tatiana!!! If Tat makes it to the top 12 I am going to scream because she IS NOT all that she thinks she is. Glad to see Anoop made it too, he has some set of pipes and should do well.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
I'm sure Tatiana will be the #1 contestant on the Vote for the Worst website. Which probably means we will have to endure her shrieking for weeks! Ugh!

And from browsing around messageboards, we aren't the only ones shocked that they cut Jamar. I hope his career takes off anyway!

Although I'm disappointed with some of the choices, I do think it will be a good season because of the guys.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:39 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I'm sure Tatiana will be the #1 contestant on the Vote for the Worst website. Which probably means we will have to endure her shrieking for weeks! Ugh!

And from browsing around messageboards, we aren't the only ones shocked that they cut Jamar. I hope his career takes off anyway!

Although I'm disappointed with some of the choices, I do think it will be a good season because of the guys.
I think it's going to be a great season as, despite their appearances or annoying dress or habits, there is a great deal of talent among this group. I think once they weed them down to the final 10 or 12, we're in for some real fierce competition.

I'm sure you're right, MooksterL1, about Tatiana being the #1 contestant on the "Vote For the Worst" website. All I've got to say is that I would sure hate having to be her roommate during the time she's still there. Can you imagine that?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:54 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
I just wanted to scream when Tatiana made it through. I am not a harsh person but she really, really get's on my nerves. She's always looking at the camera and with that fake laugh and those tears. Give me a break what a phony.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 PM

84 posts, read 390,934 times
Watching Tatiana made me want to slap the crap out of her, and I'm not a violent person by any means. I don't think I have read anything positive about her yet.

Last edited by asiablue; 02-12-2009 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,189 times
SERIOUSLY???!!! Nathaniel got through and Jamar didn't? WTF were they thinking? SERIOUSLY?

And to top that off, they let Tatiana go but disqualified Joanna Pacitti? Ok, so she sold 16,000 records. That's not exactly gold.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
I was wandering around the AI website today and I noticed something about a wild card. Now maybe I'm over thinking it, but perhaps them letting Jamar goes was all part of a scheme to generate a lot of buzz and then bring him back as a wild card. Fingers crossed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV