Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,308,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Kris was really good. Simon was a bit unfair I thought.
I agree. Simon also said there are only three that really want to win. After his comments to Kris and Allison, he must mean Adam, Gokey and Matt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I don't agree. This time I'm really with Simon - Kris didn't do a thing for me. It was nice, but forgetable.

ALLISON BEAT HIM BY A MILE JUST NOW!!!
I thought Allison was great tonight, better than either Matt or Gokey.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,508,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
Re: Adam's theatrical performance (commented on by several folks on the thread) Ummm.... have you guys noticed that the entire SHOW is one big seizure-inducing theatrical display?? Ryan Seacrest's entrance alone makes Adam look like floral wallpaper in my grandmother's sewing room.

Can't rep you anymore... The whole thing is theatrical, with Ryan the host having his Hollywood star!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Austinitegirl, you're too funny!

Kris was so boring that I literally almost fell asleep.

Allison was really good.

Whoever said Matt looked terrified was right. That was his deer in the headlights look.

Danny - I think his best performance yet.

Adam - I'm GLAD he's "theatrical". I don't want to go to a concert and watch someone just stand there. I can do that by looking in the mirror while playing their song on the radio. I want to see a SHOW. And Adam provides that. He's amazing. Jamie obviously liked him too.

Speaking of which, Jamie did an amazing job mentoring them. If I were a singer, I'd love to have him teach me.
Your assessment is spot on, except I liked Kris. Did I hear right when Simon said Matt appeared confident. I commented to my husband he looked frightened. I thought Jamie's comments to Kris were great also.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
I sat next to Prince at a bar downtown years ago - he wore/wears lots of eyeliner. We're big kids here in MN - eyeliner doesn't throw us.

Adam's eyes are cold.
Wow, I commented DH I thought Adam had beautiful eyes. Looked like green.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
When they showed the growing up photos it looks like Adam is a lighter haired person and that really dark hair contrasts with his complexion.
Gosh did I really just say that Time for me to go to bed
Adam rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I read that Adam is naturally blond and dyes his hair black. Last night I caught a good look at the tall blonde guy sitting with Adam's family. Is that his dad or a relation?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 AM

659 posts, read 1,768,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I read that Adam is naturally blond and dyes his hair black. Last night I caught a good look at the tall blonde guy sitting with Adam's family. Is that his dad or a relation?
I'm not sure who the family member is, but yes, Adam is a natural blonde - they've showed pictures of him as a kid. He's blond and freckle-faced. Tee hee.

Looks better with the dramatic black hair. He is "theatrical" after all.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,985,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
His dad is the tall, blondish man. Both parents are in the audience very week. They look so proud of him.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,372,025 times
With the order the people sang in last night, it's pretty obvious who the Producers want in the finals. It was the third time Lambert had been the last to perform (nobody else left has closed more than once) and they put the two people they want out (Allison and Kris) at the beginning.
Kris Allen "The Way You Look Tonight"
Very nice song, he had a couple of issues staying on key at a few points, but in all it was more of the consistently good Kris Allen that wont blow away people who cannot recognize his talents, but will not make anyone go "I hated that" other than because they were bored. BOTTOM 3
Allison Iraheta "Someone to Watch Over Me"
She looked much better with her hair and I liked how she backed off the rocker angle for once and she performed quite well. I feel like she has to be safe for another week or two just because she's the only girl left and Matt and Kris don't have the same kind of rabid backing that Adam and Danny have. She'll be in danger from now on, but I think she's still safe after a surprisingly decent performance. BOTTOM 3
Matt Giraud "My Funny Valentine"
This guy has the perfect talent for Rat Pack music, he's a freaking piano player in a lounge...isn't that what Rat Pack music is all about? Well, he decides that he's going to shoot himself in the foot and do his dumb Timberlake thing again (with a hat!) and he makes a bunch of pointless runs that show his lack of running ability and he ignores the fact that he's brilliant in front of a piano. He's probably just someone who was forced to play piano all his life and the only well-paying job he could get was playing a piano, and he wants nothing more than to abandon the piano. Problem is, he's not that good away from the piano. I don't think he can stay in the competition after that performance. GONE
Danny Gokey "Come Rain or Come Shine"
This is his style of music (other than Christian) and this is definitely his best performance to date. That being said, he still had the pitch problems on the verse (flat most of the time) and his stage presence is very limited in that he does the same thing every song. As usual, he sounds good on the power notes and he does that thing with his hands...overall, it's good enough for him to beat out Matt and the other two less publicized singers. SAFE
Adam Lambert "Feeling Good"
I had only two songs in mind for Adam this week (since it was his big week...he alternates each week between small and big songs) and they were "Feeling Good" and "Fever". I really can't imagine a performance feeling more like theater than this one. Even the shiny suit felt like the theater and not a concert in this one. His vocals are very weak for most of the song because he's trying too much to be sexy and confident, but he does hit this pretty amazing power note at the end in his typical show-offy fashion (with the requisite extreme close-up by the camera-man) and it sends everyone into a frenzy. Clearly he's more talented than Danny and Allison, but it would have been nice to see him perform a middle-of-the-road song like "Mack the Knife" where he could show off his vocal chops without going overboard or doing the whole subdued thing he loves. I see no chance of Adam being eliminated before the finals, especially if the producers want him there...as it's clear they do. SAFE

Kara Dioguardi: Wow, she's awful. She's like the horny judge from Dancing with the Stars but with less of an ability to form coherent sentences. Simply awful, she actually makes me prefer Paula...scary. And when she tries to be cool "that was swag-ger...you are swag..." it's just ridiculous.

Finally, for those of you who think I'm crazy for some of my reviews, I finally looked at the review on "Vote for the Worst" last night and he said a lot of things that I've said in past reviews, including calling Adam's style a "shtick"...but he's MUCH more offensive than I've ever been.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM

572 posts, read 810,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post

Finally, for those of you who think I'm crazy for some of my reviews, I finally looked at the review on "Vote for the Worst" last night and he said a lot of things that I've said in past reviews, including calling Adam's style a "shtick"...but he's MUCH more offensive than I've ever been.
Please note that your review this time was done without, in effect, calling those who may disagree with you, idiots.

Kudos - much improved and likely much better received by everyone.

People who think they know it all are especially annoying to those of us who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV