Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times

Advertisements

Kara is melting and can't find anything coherent to say about Adam because, I think, that's exactly how she's feeling - Adam's singing goes straight into your inner subconscious and gets you! and you don't have anything rational to say about it

Kris - agree with Simon 100%

Allison - disagree with Simon 90%. Put her on the spot with "Do you want to win this competition?" - I think she's a bit like Jordin Sparks - young girls enjoying the adventure but not necessarily thinking of it as if they have to win a war... Loved her softer outlook.

Matt - oh man... Agree with Simon that he was better than before... but agree with someone who said the fear in his eyes destroys his performance.

Danny - yes, I see the 3 note range.

Overall, the night was not bad!

Last edited by nuala; 04-29-2009 at 06:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,543,102 times
Ok....don't hate me Adam lovers but.......
I liked Kris and Danny better tonight.

He was good but.....

Matt needs to go. He knows he's done.

Allison rocks but last night she showed her age....and kindness when Simon put her on the spot about wanting to win. She tried to be nice and diplomatic...doesn't work at this point.

She'll do ok tho. Any producer worth their salt will be waiting outside the stage door with a contract the night she gets the boot.

I cracked up at Randy trying to get back at Simon for disagreeing with him. Danny proved him (Randy) wrong. Danny worked the audience and showed that he wanted to win.

I'm looking forward to these last few weeks.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
I am anxiously awaiting all other *cough* intellectual reviews (like my own).... all posts on this thread are uber-entertaining. Generally speaking of course...
LOL

I was watching the Idol audience last night, to see the demographics... The majority were young ladies.. Well past 12 years old but not mommies yet. Very pretty things.

Then I remembered that it's the said individual's girlfriend who likes to watch the show... How come this demographic was carefully carved out of his assessment? Where are the moronic girlfriends ??

Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,650,631 times
I think the top 5 have some talent. I think that kris has been good over the past few weeks, but that last night was just so-so. I think that allyson had one of her best performances, but I just don't like the hair. Matt..should have gone home the week they saved him. Too bad anoop wasn't still there..he would have nailed those songs last night. Danny, I agree that it was probably his best outing. I still think he leans toward dull. Adam, he is good. no doubt about it! I just worry that people may not get him. I was concerned because every time I called to vote, I got right through. my teenage son said it was because no one was voting for adam last night..I sure hope he was wrong!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,700,004 times
Matt should go home tonight IMO and all though I like Adam his performance was good but not as good as other songs he has done.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:07 AM

659 posts, read 1,760,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
LOL

I was watching the Idol audience last night, to see the demographics... The majority were young ladies.. Well past 12 years old but not mommies yet. Very pretty things.

Then I remembered that it's the said individual's girlfriend who likes to watch the show... How come this demographic was carefully carved out of his assessment? Where are the moronic girlfriends ??
Now, now. Let's be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings. Not everyone on this thread speaks sarcasm-ese - it's a foreign language to many, and best communicated with the appropriate number of corresponding emoticons.

Re: Adam's theatrical performance (commented on by several folks on the thread) Ummm.... have you guys noticed that the entire SHOW is one big seizure-inducing theatrical display?? Ryan Seacrest's entrance alone makes Adam look like floral wallpaper in my grandmother's sewing room.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahahahahaha - wow, guess I'd had a thing or two to say around here the last couple of years!

Love your name, btw If my husband and I had had a daughter we were going to name her Shannon!
You go girl!!! And thanks!!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I think the top 5 have some talent. I think that kris has been good over the past few weeks, but that last night was just so-so. I think that allyson had one of her best performances, but I just don't like the hair. Matt..should have gone home the week they saved him. Too bad anoop wasn't still there..he would have nailed those songs last night. Danny, I agree that it was probably his best outing. I still think he leans toward dull. Adam, he is good. no doubt about it! I just worry that people may not get him. I was concerned because every time I called to vote, I got right through. my teenage son said it was because no one was voting for adam last night..I sure hope he was wrong!
The phones have been like that for a couple of weeks. I wondered about it last week so I called and voted for everyone but Lil (I really wanted her to go home. LOL) and got right through for all of them. Maybe they have a better setup this year so there isn't as much of a busy signal as in previous years. I guess that's also what could be screwing up Dial Idol.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
Kris - Good job....top three

Alison - Love this girl...top two

Matt - Ok...one more week for him

Danny - He needs to go!

Adam - Great performance! Top two

My perdiction it will be Allison and Adam all the way. Allison and Adam come with confidence, courage and range. Kris is in the same boat, he will land a record deal. My only other perdiction is if it's not Allison and Adam, it will be Kris and Adam.

Danny, it's time to go home!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 AM

756 posts, read 2,219,643 times
I thought Danny did very well last night. I was never a fan of his but I think he should be safe this week.

I don't get what everyone sees in Allison? Ok, she can sing, but it's always the same......Boring, yawn!

I never liked Matt and think he needs to go home now!

Which leaves my two favorites, Kris and Adam. Kris is my favorite and I loved his song last night! Adam is very good but I don't see him as a pop or rock star. He is ALL about the theatrics and I can see him on Broadway like Clay Aiken.

I think at this point, most of them will be going on to bigger things anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV