Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,460,145 times

Advertisements

What touches me about Adam, is the sadness and the humbliness in his eyes. It goes so against his otherwise flamboyant appearance. I can't get enough of his close-ups when he listens and reacts to the judges. Un-assuming, - kind? - guy.

Also, read yesterday somewhere that he doesn't care of people talking about him (gay - not gay?), because AI is about singing for him, not about anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 11:30 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,190,769 times
I downloaded Adam's "Ring of Fire" from iTunes today and it sounds like it's a studio recording rather than his live performance. It's absolutely incredible - full of amazing vocal control, great harmonies (where he's harmonizing with himself), and it really tells the story of the song more than it did live. I think those who were a bit turned off by it would hear it differently if they could hear the recorded version.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,550,005 times
Well I figured Alexis would go. I was surprised to see orange hair (Allison) in the bottom 3 but not Michael.

At least I'm more interested this year than last...that was a yawner.

Motown should be great!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:29 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,127,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
I wasn't paying too much attention the other night but he had his hair colored darker, right? I think it looks much better on him.
I think they had trimmed it a little too. In his defense to all the hair comments, he can't see his hair to know what it looks like. I'm sure the stylists will change it gradually like they do with the other contestants.

I was surprised to see Alexis go and I felt terrible for her having to sing for her life in front of the judges. I really don't like that part of the show. She looked terrified and I wonder if she was sick also.

Carrie Underwood is so beautiful and so talented, but does anyone notice the difference in her behavior when she performs AI? It seems like all of her personality disappears.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
No! I change my mind. Scott should KEEP the hair, and bust out with a bar of
Greatest American Hero next week!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:01 PM

515 posts, read 1,331,264 times
I am so glad Alexis is gone. I couldn't stand her!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM

750 posts, read 1,435,564 times
They just showed a local (Detroit) bit on the news. They filmed the AI contestants all day today at the Motown Museum and many of the old Motown stars were there. Mobs of people lined up for autographs. It should be a good show!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,543,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I think they had trimmed it a little too. In his defense to all the hair comments, he can't see his hair to know what it looks like. I'm sure the stylists will change it gradually like they do with the other contestants.

I was surprised to see Alexis go and I felt terrible for her having to sing for her life in front of the judges. I really don't like that part of the show. She looked terrified and I wonder if she was sick also.

Carrie Underwood is so beautiful and so talented, but does anyone notice the difference in her behavior when she performs AI? It seems like all of her personality disappears.
I guess I missed that there were other comments on Scott's hair At least he has a reason, some of the hairdo's on that show have been frightening. (remember the ponyhawk????)

Old 03-19-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I know he reminded me of someone!!!! Good catch!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I just realized that I had a boyfriend in high school who looked just like the GAH except with short hair??? Very odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV