Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM

19,440 posts, read 17,010,365 times

Advertisements

Oh, now I get it - the whole switching the caskets thing. The videos I'm watching aren't full episodes. They are only snippets of full episodes so maybe the creator of the videos didn't add that part. It's been fun watching them, though.

Yeah, on the return of Jack to the show. I think the writers had to write something that would explain his absence from the show. Being held hostage would explain it which would give Jennifer a reason to forgive him. I'm still not sure why they brought him back for such a short time. And then to kill the poor guy off the show completely? That was harsh.

I got caught up in an old video today of Sami's first appearance on the show. She was a brat back then, too. Then, I found another video where she was trying to break up Carrie and Austin, concocting some story about being in danger on the pier but it turned out she really was in danger from some guy named Alan. Surprise, surprise. She shot him, too. That girl has shot more people on that show and is still out running the streets. lol

These old videos are fun to watch, especially since I missed them, the first time around. I watched a little of the Bo and Hope story but the one I watched today was when Bo was with Billie and Hope was angry with Bo. What else is new? She was always angry with Bo for something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 04:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,620,610 times
Wow! I wasn't watching then either. I didn't know anything about Jack's history. In the present time, I keep wondering why in the world no one uses the argument to that brat JJ that Dr. Dan saved his mother's life when he start spouting about how Dr. Dan is so evil.

But is tearing down his father going to really make Dr. Dan appear any better in JJ's eyes? The kid has issues above and beyond that it seems he just doesn't want anyone to be with his mother.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:44 PM

I'm not sure that telling JJ about his father's past is an attempt to make Dr. Dan look good. I think it's more of a way to try and get through to JJ about the way he's acting now. He's not living a good life. He's treating his mother with so little respect and gratitude for her caring for him. He needs a wake up call. He has his father on a pedestal and saying Jennifer has forgotten about Jack, which isn't true. Jennifer deserves to have a life after Jack. Carrying the memory of her dead husband around for the rest of her life is what JJ wants. He's warped in his thinking that if Jennifer finds love again, she is somehow disrespecting Jack's memory. JJ needs a wake up call, imo.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I'm not sure that telling JJ about his father's past is an attempt to make Dr. Dan look good. I think it's more of a way to try and get through to JJ about the way he's acting now. He's not living a good life. He's treating his mother with so little respect and gratitude for her caring for him. He needs a wake up call. He has his father on a pedestal and saying Jennifer has forgotten about Jack, which isn't true. Jennifer deserves to have a life after Jack. Carrying the memory of her dead husband around for the rest of her life is what JJ wants. He's warped in his thinking that if Jennifer finds love again, she is somehow disrespecting Jack's memory. JJ needs a wake up call, imo.
Yeah, I didn't mean tearing down Jack would make JJ think he was better than Dr. Dan, but maybe if he knew that the good doctor saved his mother's life he wouldn't think he was such a bad guy or "sum" as he called him. But like I said, JJ doesn't want Jennifer to be with anyone.

I don't think it would serve any purpose for Kayla to tell JJ bad things about his father but then again she really didn't mean to blurt out that his father was no saint. It seem to just slip out because she was so angry with JJ. She wanted to take it back but now JJ is insisting she explain herself.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,965,654 times
Not that I expect (or want) to see Julie and Doug again, but I'm getting sick of a few themes here. First of all, can Jennifer please grow a spine and stop simply shaking her head at Teresa, and Ann, and...everyone who ticks her off? Also, these Cinderella characters are popping up all over the place in soap-opera land: just how long will it be on DOOL before Rafe's physical therapist whips off those glasses, musses her hair, and seduces him?

A little originality might help.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Another boring plot line is the characters getting better and then reverting back to being stupid. I cringed when Abby began bawling Cameron out for lying to her about being with Gaby. For Pete's sake, aren't they all supposed to be friends? So she sees Aby and Cameron sitting in public at a table sharing some coffee so right away she thinks they are an item? I thought she had gotten beyond her childish jealousy.

And what does she expect? She was the one to go flying to Chad the moment Cameron told her he was too busy for a relationship. He never said "never." So she is no one to talk about turning to someone else on a dime even if Cameron decides to go for it with Gaby. And here we had Abby being so mature with her mom trying to deal with the JJ thing.

I agree with HereOnMars the writing really has deteriorated. The characters have become so one dimensional and so much has become predictable. Not to mention downright unlikeable. I find myself cheering for Anne Milbauer because I can't stand Jennifer. If I had to work with someone who took off as much as Jennifer did, I would be pi$$ed too. Not to mention Jennifer is an idiot in general the way she handles her son and Dr. Dan.

And I really like Nicole but they don't seem to know what to do with her these days. Is she good? Is she bad? Just who is she? I like Kristen but her story has to end soon because once again, Brady is going to have to find out she did something evil and then what? And what on earth does Dr. Dan see in that sappy Jennifer anyway?

I think I just watch out of force of habit. If this show goes off the air, I don't think I would be too sad. I'll just tune in to "The Talk" which airs at the same time if I'm around.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Delahanty: just how long will it be on DOOL before Rafe's physical therapist whips off those glasses, musses her hair, and seduces him?

Now, THAT's something I'd like to see!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Not that I expect (or want) to see Julie and Doug again, but I'm getting sick of a few themes here. First of all, can Jennifer please grow a spine and stop simply shaking her head at Teresa, and Ann, and...everyone who ticks her off? Also, these Cinderella characters are popping up all over the place in soap-opera land: just how long will it be on DOOL before Rafe's physical therapist whips off those glasses, musses her hair, and seduces him?

A little originality might help.
Kate's already jealous of her. After all Jordan is a lot younger. And Rafe is pretty darn good looking.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM

I am just so tired of that pained look on Jennifer's face whenever it comes to whatever her latest problem is I think that form now on I may just stop watching when her story line appears. It isn't the fault of the actor, it's the terrible lines and direction she has to work with.

I hope I am not giving away anything here but I have been reading Day's comings and goings and it seems that some of the younger actors both male and female are leaving to do other things. Gone are the days when many of the young people stayed on and grew up with the show like Alison Sweeney or Kristin Alfonso. Some will be replaced and some won't but all have decided they didn't want to be on the show any longer. I don't blame them. I suppose in this day and age, soaps are just too boring and they want to try to see if they can do more with their acting.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:51 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,627,664 times
When Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell, Eileen Davidson, Diedre Hall and others started on soaps, they were big business and there were a bunch of them on the air. Some of those actors jumped between soaps, some jumped to nighttime soaps (Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, etc), but those shows died out, too. By then, acting outside of soaps was difficult since they were pretty type cast. Others like Meg Ryan started in soaps, but used them as a springboard to bigger roles.

Soap opera acting is hard work. Long hours, tons of dialogue to memorize, year after year, no location shoots like TV shows or movies, publicity appearances...it's grueling work. Unfortunately, though, the medium is dying out as there are only a few soaps left compared to twenty years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV