Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 05:18 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,584,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Is it just me or is the background noise/music too loud?
Sometimes, yes I find it distracting. But much of that is because they play the same things over and over. The dramatic scenes they play one thing; the so-called comedic scenes they always play another. It's like the music is supposed to cue us as to how to take the scenes. I find that annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 09:40 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,148,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
LOL!

"Any woman with a pulse."

I could go along with that observation.
Yeah, me too! I have a pulse too, EJ!

I thought the scenes with Abby and EJ were hot. Right when they finished, they lied there looking like they saw God. Well, there is a height difference though. Kinda like trying to breed a St. Bernard with a Chihuahua. And I think I need to make use of the closed captioning, because EJ has always had this annoying habit of mumbling at the end of his sentences, so I miss the last few words.

BTW, I really loved the dress that Jen had on yesterday.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Yeah, me too! I have a pulse too, EJ!

I thought the scenes with Abby and EJ were hot. Right when they finished, they lied there looking like they saw God. Well, there is a height difference though. Kinda like trying to breed a St. Bernard with a Chihuahua. And I think I need to make use of the closed captioning, because EJ has always had this annoying habit of mumbling at the end of his sentences, so I miss the last few words.

BTW, I really loved the dress that Jen had on yesterday.
LOL! One of Abigail's arms is less than half the size of EJ's. I kept thinking about how difficult it must have been to get good camera angles of them in bed together with their sizes being so vastly different. But the scence was really sexy.

Regarding EJ's voice, I agree. I am a bit deaf and even with hearing aides I use close captioning without which I would miss his lines. I think I once mentioned that isn't James Scott's natural accent. He comes from the same place as a cyber-pal of mine, Newcastle-on-Tynes, and he has developed what she says the Brits call a "cut class" upper class British accent. No one in that village is born speaking like that. But on him it looks good.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:24 PM

19,366 posts, read 16,924,533 times
I turned the TV on yesterday just about the time EJ and Abigail were in bed. I missed some episodes so I couldn't figure out what happened to get them to that point. Holy cow! A match of EJ and Abigail isn't what I would have envisioned but it is fun to watch. I just hope they don't do the typical "I'm pregnant, EJ" thing. That would be so disappointing. Oooooweee! Sami is going to blow a gasket if she finds out.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:25 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,934,405 times
I don't know whether he decided to use the hookup to keep her quiet or if it's because we know he's just not getting any from Sammi. Either way, IMO, the EJ-Abigail s/l is creepy.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 AM

5,124 posts, read 16,650,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Is it just me or is the background noise/music tooloud?
I watched the episode last night...and yes, the music was tooloud at the end of the episode when EJ was talking to Abi while they were inbed. I tuned my tv volume to 30 and kept reversing the DVR to try to hear whathe said. No luck. So I went searching:

EJ: Will you please just listen to me? What I want to say, what I'vebeen trying to say... is that, actually, I feel like what happened between thetwo of us was-- was really quite lovely.

Abigail: Lovely? You thought that, uh, that that was lovely?

EJ: Absolutely. But still, it shouldn't have happened. You're so young andbeautiful, and you're interesting. You're smart. I've always really enjoyedtalking to you. I think that's part of what made this so lovely.

Abigail: Thank you.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:00 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,148,291 times
Who's that gay blond guy that Sonny is cheating on Will with?

Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 PM

19,366 posts, read 16,924,533 times
That's the "new" Will. Chandler Massey left the show and was replaced with Guy Wilson. His first appearance was yesterday (January 8th) Or maybe you were just joking since you added that funny face " "

Old 01-09-2014, 03:26 PM

AW. I missed Guy Wilson's debut. I didn't see yesterday's episode. I was hoping he would be on today. But I'll get another chance.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:34 AM

5,124 posts, read 16,650,940 times
Default John Black's not a Brady?

Don't you just love the casual way Hope through that out there on Monday's episode?

Hope: You know me so well. Yes, uh, your dad, he called me. He asked me to check in on you.

Hope: He's good. He's been doing some digging around in the family history while he's been in Europe.

Brady: Yeah, he-- he texted me about that.

Hope: And did he tell you about the interesting, fascinating news he found out while he's been there?

Brady: No, what's that?

Hope: Well, it turns out that your dad wasn't colleen Brady's son.

Brady: What?

Hope: Yeah. Colleen was so desperate to find the son she had with Santo. And the people at the orphanage took total advantage of that.

Brady: Whoa--where-- where is her son?

Hope: Apparently he died. Your dad, he still has no idea who his birth parents are. He's back to square one.

Brady: Yeah, I know the feeling. So I'm in no way genetically a Brady?

Hope: Or a DiMera.

Brady: Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

Hope: Hey, the Bradys aren't big on blood, one way or the other. Look how you grew up.

Brady: [Scoffs] Yeah, look how I turned out.

Hope: You are a Brady. You are a part of this family. And you always will be, just like I will.

Brady: I know that, I do.

Hope: Nothing changes.

Brady: [Deep breath] Right.
This to me is a major piece of news. The many, many, MANY times DOOL writers/directors have overly dramatized a particular scene/storyline makes me wonder why this little tid-bit was just thrown in there....No special sound effects, dramatic pauses of disbelief, etc. Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV