Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 04:42 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Don't you just love the casual way Hope through that out there on Monday's episode?

Hope: You know me so well. Yes, uh, your dad, he called me. He asked me to check in on you.

Hope: He's good. He's been doing some digging around in the family history while he's been in Europe.

Brady: Yeah, he-- he texted me about that.

Hope: And did he tell you about the interesting, fascinating news he found out while he's been there?

Brady: No, what's that?

Hope: Well, it turns out that your dad wasn't colleen Brady's son.

Brady: What?

Hope: Yeah. Colleen was so desperate to find the son she had with Santo. And the people at the orphanage took total advantage of that.

Brady: Whoa--where-- where is her son?

Hope: Apparently he died. Your dad, he still has no idea who his birth parents are. He's back to square one.

Brady: Yeah, I know the feeling. So I'm in no way genetically a Brady?

Hope: Or a DiMera.

Brady: Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

Hope: Hey, the Bradys aren't big on blood, one way or the other. Look how you grew up.

Brady: [Scoffs] Yeah, look how I turned out.

Hope: You are a Brady. You are a part of this family. And you always will be, just like I will.

Brady: I know that, I do.

Hope: Nothing changes.

Brady: [Deep breath] Right.
This to me is a major piece of news. The many, many, MANY times DOOL writers/directors have overly dramatized a particular scene/storyline makes me wonder why this little tid-bit was just thrown in there....No special sound effects, dramatic pauses of disbelief, etc. Weird.
Oh, I absolutely agree with you on this. I was not paying close attention when Hope said this and missed a bit of it. I wasn't sure I heard it correctly so thank you for posting the dialogue.

For me, this is the ulitmate in sloppy writing and makes me want to change the channel and begin watching "The Talk" which airs at the same time in my area. This is important information to the story lines and might play into the future and it should have been emphasized.

It's like the whole thing about Bo. When did they say he was definitely not returning or did they? I think they did say something one time but I missed that too. I remember someone mentioning it here that he had decided to sail the world but I didn't see that. How many times was that spoken on the show? Other than Hope continually telling others Bo isn't coming home for this or that holiday, it doesn't seem clear to me that he is or isn't returning.

But back to the Brady story. They drop a bomb and then, poof. Nothing.

But my biggest rant is with those Devereux women. Both Jennifer and Abigail are working my last nerves. Two really suspicious troublemakers. With friends like Abigail, Gabi doesn't need enemies. If my friend was houding me as Abi is hounding her for a different story regarding EJ and Nick, I would tell her to get lost.

Regarding Jennifer and the way she went storming off to EJ because he knew about Chad's deception, I think that was a real disservice to Abi's maturity. When I was 22 or 23 and my mom had gone to someone else who had known about the way a boyfriend had deceived me and scolded them for not warning me, I would have been mortified.

It's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 10:20 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,603,547 times
Abigail seems to be channeling her nosey aunt Maggie. Aside from her recent tryst, she really hasn't had a life lately....so she noses her way into other's people's business. And Jennifer is a helicopter mom (hovering) over her kids...when they're in Salem that is.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
I'm still waiting for JJ to grow either a pair or a spine and tell that flake Teresa where to go.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Abigail seems to be channeling her nosey aunt Maggie. Aside from her recent tryst, she really hasn't had a life lately....so she noses her way into other's people's business. And Jennifer is a helicopter mom (hovering) over her kids...when they're in Salem that is.
Perfect description of both of them. And I'll bet you anything that Abigail still won't let this whole thing go. Sami unknowingly let her off the hook but she's going to dwell on it and she probably won't let her suspicions about something happening to Nick and Gabi's possible involvement die either.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I'm still waiting for JJ to grow either a pair or a spine and tell that flake Teresa where to go.
Yes, after all, why can't he turn the tables and tell Theresa that she could also get in trouble with her record if he snitches because she is continuing to use? He could easily set up a sting in which he hands over the pot or whatever while Rory hides in the bushes filming the deal or have a small tape recorder in his pocket if a transaction happens in her apartment to prove she is still taking the stuff. It's really a wash between them. JJ is as dumb as a door nail.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:53 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Alison Sweeney changed her hair color. I like it

Old 01-13-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Alison Sweeney changed her hair color. I like it
Me too. It's very pretty and makes her face look so much softer than the lighter blonde color she had before.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:18 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
And, for those of us who have seen The Little Shop of Horrors, I can't be the only one who thought that Teresa's head looked like it was growing out of that park bush.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Has anyone ever noticed how many stories dramatically end in a warehouse with people being tied up and the bad guys threatening their lives?

Old 01-15-2014, 12:20 AM

436 posts, read 671,327 times
Am I the only one who finds Hope more than annoying?

Every conversation turns into an inquisition with her. If I lived in Salem I'd work like the dickens to avoid her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV