Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 09:54 AM

3,680 posts, read 3,000,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I loved Star Trek. Reruns are all over the place, and I still stop on ST when I'm channel surfing. I barely noticed the cheesy "strange new world" sets in its original run lol. Nonetheless, yes, the viewers were ultimately the winners, with a massive ST franchise--TV and movies--to enjoy.
The latest series is really into the SJW mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 02:34 PM

26,966 posts, read 27,244,782 times
Mary Ann (Dawn Wells) is 80 now, and she and Ginger (Tina Louise) are the two surviving members of the TV show.

https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/st...d-she-accepted

Old 08-24-2019, 03:01 PM

4,429 posts, read 2,765,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
The latest series is really into the SJW mentality.
Maybe it should include trigger warnings for those such as yourself...

Old 08-25-2019, 04:40 PM

12,550 posts, read 8,339,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You can't beat Mary Ann in short-shorts and heels running around on the island.
Mary Ann wore heels? I was watching in the 70s when heels were getting really big with platforms so I guess if she were I didn't not see them as "heels"

Old 08-25-2019, 11:05 PM

32,339 posts, read 27,567,250 times
Tina Louise *had* no real career possibilities other than that of many other actresses at the time whose roles depended more upon fact their curves were in proper places, and they weren't not so bad to look at.

That being said Miss. Louise was like many others of 1970's and so on was mainly a jobbing "television" actor/actress. Though TL did land some small roles in films like Stepford Wives.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001481/

Saw TL on a "Cannon" episode a few weeks ago; she played an undercover vice cop who teamed up with Frank Cannon after getting roughed up during a prostitution sting operation. Acting was "ok" for episode television, but it wasn't as if the lady was going to be doing major film or theatrical roles.

Suppose TL wants to play the victim actress "why is my beauty and great body such a curse....", like Marilyn Monroe, Jane Mansfield and others who were pigeonholed into roles in theory because of their looks.

Miss. Louise was in her thirties when doing GL; by the 1970's she was going into her forties, and that alone may have been responsible for "killing" her career.

Then as now on both large and small screen roles for actresses begin to dry up as they go > 30, and certainly in their 40's and above.

Concept of *MILF* (sorry, but it is what it is) just didn't exist for Hollywood back then. So actresses above a certain age regardless of looks found themselves being offered mostly roles as mothers, matrons, middle aged wife, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV