Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 01:07 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
He's doing amazing at what? Still being there? He's not winning any challenges nor can he even hang in most of them. If you read JKK's analysis a few posts above, he doesn't even bother to mention Joe. Joe never gets any interview time. All he said tonight in terms of strategizing is "What's the plan?".

I really do not recall seeing anyone this late in the game get voted out without any significant air time whatsoever. So this makes me suspicious that suddenly he's going to come out of nowhere toward the end.

OR -- did someone say there's another med-evac coming? Maybe it's him and that's why they're not bothering to spend any time on him. We shall see......
Don't forget, although it was in the reward comp, he once again said; "I'll sit this one out.". After he didn't get the combination right the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 01:13 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,466,792 times
Quote:
He's doing amazing at what? Still being there? He's not winning any challenges nor can he even hang in most of them. If you read JKK's analysis a few posts above, he doesn't even bother to mention Joe. Joe never gets any interview time. All he said tonight in terms of strategizing is "What's the plan?".
Joe's getting a lot of credit for just still being out there: getting up in the morning, getting through most challenges without bonking (unlike tonight), and being over seventy years old. Basically credit for just showing up; nothing he has actually done. The only really important thing he's done is the most important thing an old player can do: hold back from telling the kids how often they are doing it wrong, a thing they hate far more than the fact of doing it wrong. Any old player who does that is toast. His strategy isn't bad for getting further in the game: go along, don't make a target of yourself, be happy about whoever's voted out long as it's not you.

Yeah, I guess he called Obama out that one time, and may have had the sense that if he went all Me Big G-Man, Me Know Secrets You Don't all the time, he'd get canned. Again, it's what he has not done, not what he's done.

And yes, I think we were told there are three medevacs, and unless some sweet young thing turns up with a little Mt. St. Helens on her back or leg, requiring lancing with an actual lance borrowed from a chivalry museum and industrial grade Tyson antibiotics, I'd guess Joe's old bod finally gives out on him. Nothing against him for that. I'm twenty years his junior and mine wouldn't have lasted that long.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:45 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,266,014 times
The edit made it look like Tai was in trouble this week, but I really didn't see Cydney flipping on Aubrey to align with Jason. They know Tai mustn't get to the finals and have their own plan. If Cydney didn't flip, then Michele couldn't flip.

The build up suggested a surprise at Tribal Council, but the vote against Julia fell into place.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:31 AM

5,526 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Cydney needs to flip because if she goes to the end with Aubry, she wouldn't win. Aubry has more influence over the voters. Cyndney needs to re-align with Jason to have a chance at winning. He wouldn't get the votes.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:31 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
Quote:

I really do not recall seeing anyone this late in the game get voted out without any significant air time whatsoever. So this makes me suspicious that suddenly he's going to come out of nowhere toward the end.

OR -- did someone say there's another med-evac coming? Maybe it's him and that's why they're not bothering to spend any time on him. We shall see......
Isn't that the object of the whole game?

Seems to me the jury right now is made up of "players".

Old 04-28-2016, 06:38 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Is the old guy playing...or is he being used for island decoration?
Jason had the best line of the night when Aubry was away with Cydny and Michelle on the reward.

Old puppy dog Joe ain't doing anything. Aubry said sit down and don't move!

Old 04-28-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
voting for which side? She voted with Jason tonight.
Well yeah, the other alliance made it clear she was on the outs. Was your expectation for her to right her own name down?

Old 04-28-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Has any young cute bikini girl ever won Survivor?

I don't count Parvati in that category because she wasn't a stereotypically cute girl.
Why? Parvati was definitely cute. Don't see why she wouldn't qualify.

I was pretty shocked at how well both Michelle and Julia did in that II challenge.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Props to this season's blond girl for at least trying to make some moves and win a challenge. Whatever her name was.
Julia, was the youngest survivor ever too. Only 18. I thought she did pretty well too for being so young.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:47 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,479,600 times
Say what you want about Joe's "amazing" participation, I'd be upset if he actually won this game by doing absolutely nothing except ride coattails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV