Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 05:52 AM

271 posts, read 568,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The part about voting out a jury member was stupid. We should have seen that coming. There has never been a jury of 8. It's always 7 to avoid a tie. Survivor is scrambling to invent "new twists", but this one was foolish.

The jury didn't vote for Michelle. Like little children who pout, they voted against Tai and Aubrey for beating them. What a waste of a season. Michelle didn't deserve that win.

The best part of this season was seeing them all cleaned up during the final vote.
Not to be technical but having 7 jury members (vs 8) won't necessarily avoid a tie. With a final 3, the votes could go 1, 3, 3 which would result in a 2 way tie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 06:08 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,924,670 times
Count me in the "Aubry got cheated" category.
Michelle rode coat tails through the entire show, thus not pissing anyone off, and survived only by winning the final few immunity challenges against a 50 year old man and an overweight nerd girl. Big deal. Mark the Chicken was a better candidate for final survivor.

The final questions by the jury to the last three survivors where so inconsequential as to be meaningless. It was not used as an opportunity for the jury to make a decision, but one for each jury member to appear on TV one last time and say "hey look at me". What happened to giving the survivors a few minutes before the questions to give an overall plea?

Last edited by Dd714; 05-19-2016 at 06:21 AM..

Old 05-19-2016, 06:19 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,409,931 times
Of course the best player won. Those that were there, done that are the ones who voted her the winner.

Not the outsiders here who are clueless to what really went on in camp. We are only privy to what the producers want us to see.

If you don't like who won don't watch next season.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
If you don't like who won don't watch next season.
A better solution:
If you don't like reading topics about "don't like who won" - don't visit the forum.

Continue on people, all opinions should be welcome....

Old 05-19-2016, 06:26 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,224,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

The final questions by the jury to the last three survivors where so inconsequential as to be meaningless. It was not used as an opportunity for the jury to make a decision, but one for each jury member to appear on TV one last time and say "hey look at me". What happened to giving the survivors a few minutes before the questions to give an overall plea?

Would you really want to hear Tai rambling anymore???
Good season. Too bad Mark could not come back. He might have won. Seriously he played as well as some of the others.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:32 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,278,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The part about voting out a jury member was stupid. We should have seen that coming. There has never been a jury of 8. It's always 7 to avoid a tie. Survivor is scrambling to invent "new twists", but this one was foolish.

The jury didn't vote for Michelle. Like little children who pout, they voted against Tai and Aubrey for beating them. What a waste of a season. Michelle didn't deserve that win.

The best part of this season was seeing them all cleaned up during the final vote.
Actually, they've often had more than 7 people on the jury. Just last season there were 10 people on the jury. The season right before that, a year ago, there were 8 people on the jury. There were 8 people on the first Blood vs Water season. 9 people on Heroes vs Villains. Caramoan had 8. Even all the way back to Micronesia season 16 there were 8 people on the jury. 7 only avoids a tie if it's a final 2. There's no way to avoid a tie in a final 3.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
[/color]

Would you really want to hear Tai rambling anymore???
Good season. Too bad Mark could not come back. He might have won. Seriously he played as well as some of the others.
Ha. I actually liked Tai's rambling. Actually lots of what he said was brutally honest.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 AM

7,380 posts, read 5,494,406 times
I wasn't happy with Michelle winning. IMO Tai and Aubry played a better game. The jury was bitter.

I didn't like the beginning of this season but then it got better after the beasty boys got voted off and I was rooting for Aubry, Tai, Cyd, and (sometimes) Joe. I enjoyed their strategy and blindsides.

I didn't like the reunion show. Too much focusing on other stuff instead of talking to the contestants. Jeff didn't didn't even get to Cydney. Next season doesn't look that good, but I'll be watching anyway

Old 05-19-2016, 06:49 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,409,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
A better solution:
If you don't like reading topics about "don't like who won" - don't visit the forum.

Continue on people, all opinions should be welcome....
I like reading the opinions but just like the final vote, the viewers opinions don't count.

I like the show and was entertained, that's all that matters to me.

Why are some many viewers just sore losers because their favorite didn't win?

Is this the crybaby thread? My guy/girl didn't win so I'm gonna come here and be a baby and complain about the votes.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:49 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,278,262 times
So I thought the first half of the finale was amazing TV! I was so captivated and it was so intense finding out who would win the firemaking challenge and if it would even go to that. The second half of the episode started to fizzle. The jury was a bit bland in my opinion. No amazing speeches from jury members or the final 3. I was rooting for Aubry and thought she deserved to win. The twist about voting a jury member out was interesting. I liked the strategic thought of not only getting rid of someone that won't vote for you at all but could also make a fiery speech to the rest of the jury against you. I think Michele chose right in picking Neal. Now it turned out it didn't matter because she would have had enough votes anyway. But still, Neal was obviously going to give a big speech against Michele. I was a bit annoyed they still let him have his say to her as he left. I felt like that kind of made her vote for him leaving a bit pointless. He should have had to leave without a word.

I wish Aubry could have won that last immunity challenge and gotten rid of Michele. She would have won then. Obviously from the firemaking challenge, most of the jury was very much against Cydney. But then where today people are saying more votes to Michele were against Tai and Aubry than for Michele, in that case I think we'd have more people saying votes were not for Aubry as against Tai and Cydney.

Overall, I thought it was a fun season. It was nowhere near as good as Second Chance but better than it seemed like it was going to be. On my seasons rankings, it will probably fall in at 13th behind China and ahead of Cook Islands. Aubry winning may have moved it up slightly but I don't think so. China had possibly the best jury performance ever and the winner of the season was one of the best players ever. Aubry, Michelle, or Tai, none of them were making my list of greatest players of Survivor no matter who won. So I don't think it would jump ahead of China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV