Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 10:17 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yeah but Michelle kicked more butt (being a bit better in challenges) and did it as more of an outsider. She was also very emotionally resilient and more likeable because she schemed less and stayed more open to all people IMO. Many hate Scot and Jason but they were very strong competitors who ended up having much more respect for Michelle than Aubry.

I suspect many dislike Michelle for her beauty.
Dumbest remark from anyone ALL season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 10:26 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The part about voting out a jury member was stupid. We should have seen that coming. There has never been a jury of 8. It's always 7 to avoid a tie. Survivor is scrambling to invent "new twists", but this one was foolish.

The jury didn't vote for Michelle. Like little children who pout, they voted against Tai and Aubrey for beating them. What a waste of a season. Michelle didn't deserve that win.

The best part of this season was seeing them all cleaned up during the final vote.
You get my vote for this comment.

To add a bit, I wonder how Neal now feels about making a real jerk of himself on national TV. I realize this was a new thing to have a juror voted off by one of the final players and it was something of a shock for him to be the one chosen. His reaction towards Michelle though was even more of a shock. I think to the Survivors and the viewers watching at home were surprised at the way he overacted.

This was a game and the game was still being played. Michelle did a smart thing by voting him out. He never would have voted for her. That was the whole idea. And why be so upset? It wasn't as if he was going to lose the contest. He already lost.

If they ever do this again, and I hope they don't because I don't see the point of it, I hope the people on the jury will get the fact that it's still a part of the game and anyone is a target.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:30 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,270,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Cydny did save Aubry around the middle of the game. So there is that. And I do think Cydny did call a lot of the shots.
The point was that Aubry shouldn't have said that. To look good in front of the jury, she needed them to believe that she called most of the shots, whether she did or not.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:31 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Dumbest remark from anyone ALL season
Most obvious remark maybe, dumbest no, it was true in this thread and is true constantly in life.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:33 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
I thought it was a real good twist. I definitely think we will see it again down the road.

A lot of different ways you can play this out too. They can do it like they just did. Or they can have a final challenge with three people. Winner gets II.And whoever does not get voted out gets to boot off a juror. Or whoever goes to the jury gets to boot out a juror.

I like it more than the super idols that can be played after votes are read.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:18 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,463,545 times
I liked the juror nullification twist. It's like immunity idols. If they do it every time, and people come to count on it, it'll get less interesting. But if it isn't always there, when it appears it will force them to adjust. Like that one time when everyone assumed they were merged, and Jeff said: "Merge? Who said anything about a merge?" Oh, snap.

I agree that Neil was a serious little b-word when he got nullified. Seeing that happen, I was delighted to see him deprived of his vote and glad that he ended up medevacked (was it him that was evacked due to a massive infection? if so, great).

Not my favorite reunion show, because there was minimal catch-up with the survivors themselves. Of course, Caleb got his time, and Joe, but there was much more to talk about. I am not familiar with the lady in the fringed black hat but I guess she's some form of celebrity singer and that hat is her trademark, wife tells me. Probst in the future will know not to let Tai speak freely--he can't stop and doesn't know what to say. I sympathize, because I'd be rattled as hell.

I don't think we even saw the final vote count, whether Tai even got any votes. But Michele slipped past the hazards better than Aubry, because Michele did it without offending enough jury people to lose the vote. Bitter juries are a reality and sometimes the price of getting to the end at all is impairing one's vote potential in the end. At the end, I'd rather be sitting in the final three with a jury mad at me than sitting in the jury which was all happy with me.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:28 AM

810 posts, read 1,025,597 times
For people who wondered what the final vote count was...

https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/statu...46892948635648

Old 05-19-2016, 11:29 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post

I suspect many dislike Michelle for her beauty.
That was the one thing I liked about her.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:30 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,463,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
For people who wondered what the final vote count was...

https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/statu...46892948635648
Thanks. Well, at least Aubry didn't get skunked. Unfortunately, Tai did. I'd have liked to see a final count of Aubry 4, Tai 2, Michelle 1, but obviously the jury was not under my influence at the time of voting.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:33 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,932,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I wasn't happy with Michelle winning. IMO Tai and Aubry played a better game. The jury was bitter.
Maybe, but that's part of game play too. I remember Aubry telling Tai how Michelle was a threat because she was well liked and hadn't made anyone on the jury mad. If you're playing the social game, that is your goal. I was shocked and very happy that Michelle won. She seemed to be constantly on the bottom yet managed to wriggle out every time. She came on strong at the end with that puzzle win. Good for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV