Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,399,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Charlie should be 20, I guess, if I do the math right, but it seems like they wanted to make her younger in Season 1. It's been 15+ years since the blackout and I believe Charlie was 4 or so then. Not sure how old Rachel was then or is now.

I stopped watching the show after the second episode this year. Just too maddening, but I keep coming here for spoliers which don't seem to be happening.
You should try watching. Its taking all sorts of interesting turns. Looks like the good old USA has changed a bit. Look at it like a true post apoc story, with the nano creatures thrown in. I particularly like how the opposing forces in the first season seem to have realized that they need to join together to fight a greater enemy. Not that they have to entirely trust OR like each other. I like that they are being realistic.

Its interesting watching Racheal's changing point of view. She blames herself for the origional research, and her part in it. She blames herself even more for the shutting off the nano's and turning on the lights which made things worse. She is only now climbing out of the blame game to action and really living in the world they do. And then there is Charlie, who always has, and when she was forced from her childhood village never questioned the world she found. This is one of the things I find really interesting, the difference between the adults who grew up and remember the old world, gone forever, and the younger people who know only the one past the lights going out.

As a post apoc show, this one is not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Less Rachel and more Charlie please! I am enjoying the evil Dr. Horn character.
I'm waiting for Rachel to get past the feeling guilty stuff and act on the anger. Seems in the preview that she didn't take too good to finding out Dad had been spying for the enemy.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Okay! this is my favorite show currently. I just finished season 1 on netflix and watched the first 2 of season 2 online. Hopefully get fully caught up by next live episode. I'm going to try to read very few of the recent posts to avoid spoiling myself.

But questions: So Charlie is around 20-23...Rachel looks like she was 32 at blackout and like shes 40 currently. What?? Her dad looks like he is 55. Miles and Monroe look like they have barely aged in 15-16 years.
Whatttt...Same thing with Aaron's girlfriend. Looked like she was late 20s early 30s at blackout and looks the same currently.

Who are your favorite characters?

Mine has to be Aaron. You just feel for the guy. Hard decisions he's made. Great acting.

I think Miles could do a better acting job.

I'm not sure if I've seen many dogs. You would think dogs are important in times like these to help with hunting or protection.
Aaron is a wonderful paradox. Some might be amazed by his 'powers' but he is horrified. He feels like a monster. That makes it interesting, not a gimmic.

The dogs, I think in their world they would be used for that, but they'd have gone back to the old attitude about dogs, that they were work animals. Some might have pets but they'd also be protection. And they would use them as food. I would guess there would be dogs around in the refugee camps and the flashback areas, but in town not so many.

Disagree about Miles. He's very reserved, and seldom says what he's thinking. He's played as a cautious survivor who hasn't given any of it up. He shouldn't be someone you can 'read'.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:04 AM

70 posts, read 126,808 times
Default Anyone here enjoy the Tom Neville character but

never seen the actor's great performance in Breaking Bad?

Old 11-20-2013, 02:32 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,152,292 times
This is another show I enjoy watching.

All the right bad guys - especially Culp - I was surprised to see him.

Reading Esposito's bio blew me away - he's another good bad guy.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM

6,132 posts, read 8,055,983 times
Tonight's the "fall finale". I hate it when NBC pulls this. When will it resume, March again???

Old 11-21-2013, 07:28 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,906,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Tonight's the "fall finale". I hate it when NBC pulls this. When will it resume, March again???
I'm really ticked that they're going to leave us hanging for possibly months. In next week's time slot, they're showing, "The Making of the Sound of Music." Really???? WTF? I need my Revolution fix. If NBC cancels this show, I will boycott that network forever.

Why don't the stupid reality shows go away for months instead? This is the time of year I like having good shows to watch....cold weather, dark early, no baseball....

Old 11-21-2013, 08:11 AM

3,996 posts, read 5,056,214 times
I didn't know last night's eppy was the fall finale...BUMMER!!!! It's getting so good...I'm a little miffed at Aaron telling the nanos to go away...he regretted it though but...too late...or is it???

The actress who plays Rachel is Elizabeth Mitchell...she graduated from my high school. Anyway, she's 43...it's likely Charlie is about 20-21. And they look the same because they can't really go back in time...the best they can do is get a wig or different clothing...I thought using your imagination here was a good idea...just sayin'.

I don't think they'll cancel this show...right? I mean, I LIKE IT...isn't that enough???

Old 11-21-2013, 08:13 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,112,084 times
ugh...I don't want to have to wait for months for my Monroe fix.
Best line of the night "I'm Batman"

Old 11-21-2013, 08:32 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,906,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Best line of the night "I'm Batman"
I loved it! I laughed out loud. I actually skipped back to hear it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV