Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,064,741 times

Advertisements

During Thanksgiving and New Years, MOST shows go on hiatus.

I'm not sure that I like the "X-Files" twist that the show is taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,454,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I didn't know last night's eppy was the fall finale...BUMMER!!!! It's getting so good...I'm a little miffed at Aaron telling the nanos to go away...he regretted it though but...too late...or is it???

The actress who plays Rachel is Elizabeth Mitchell...she graduated from my high school. Anyway, she's 43...it's likely Charlie is about 20-21. And they look the same because they can't really go back in time...the best they can do is get a wig or different clothing...I thought using your imagination here was a good idea...just sayin'.
If they can't make them look younger for flashbacks, they should have made them look older in the current day!
Last night's episode had a flashback 6 years before blackout, i.e. 21+ years before current. LOL They look exactly the same. A different haircut can't change that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I'm not sure that I like the "X-Files" twist that the show is taking.
Same here. I loved season 1. But between the beginning of the show through season 2, it feels like the show is evolving too fast, I kinda enjoyed the on-the-road thing. I'm definitely still interested.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:26 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,042,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
If they can't make them look younger for flashbacks, they should have made them look older in the current day!
Last night's episode had a flashback 6 years before blackout, i.e. 21+ years before current. LOL They look exactly the same. A different haircut can't change that!

Same here. I loved season 1. But between the beginning of the show through season 2, it feels like the show is evolving too fast, I kinda enjoyed the on-the-road thing. I'm definitely still interested.
I'm not saying they couldn't have done a better job at making them look a certain way throughout all the timelines, but I'm willing to forgo "some" realism in looks for the more important point it was trying to convey.

I did enjoy the "on the road" thing but I'm really enjoying the nanites. What can I say? I guess I haven't really thought about X-Files because this is a different brand of show...but I guess I can see some of the "it's out there" ambience. Personally, I'm waiting for Neville & Son (and now wife sort of) to join up with our party of Miles, Rachel, Charlie, Bass and Aaron...I don't know how and I don't know when...but it should be really interesting.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,064,741 times
I said "X-Files" because it was mentioned in the show.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:43 PM

3,999 posts, read 5,042,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I said "X-Files" because it was mentioned in the show.
It sure was and I completely forgot about that...oops.

Good catch and I should've followed along a wee bit closer...

Old 11-21-2013, 02:11 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,454,605 times
This show is more humorous than walking dead. But I laugh more in walking dead. Am I evil?

I wonder if they'll ever let us know what's happening in other countries.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:14 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,148,290 times
Quote:
This show is more humorous than walking dead. But I laugh more in walking dead. Am I evil?

I wonder if they'll ever let us know what's happening in other countries.
How would they know?

They have a hard time knowing what's going on in the Left Coast.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:29 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,365,260 times
Quote:

I like the way they skip periods of time except for flashbacks. Life in general is going to be pretty much the same drugery, puncutated with high points. They give enough of a look at the skipped time, so you know what happened, but don't dwell. And the other thing this does is showcase how characters like Charlie have grown. Each time we don't see a space of time she's visibly matured and grown, which is more meaningful than seeing it all as it plays out.

If it was a movie, I'd expect them to look younger, but this is tv with budget and time constraints. This is generally what you get with tv but you get the idea and move on with the story.

With all the fx in this like the firey bodies, I assume this isnt a cheap show to produce.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:28 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,132,286 times
I'm still not quite ready to totally hate the patriots/US government. They are the remnants of the last legitimately elected, Constitutional government - trying to regain control of the country from a bunch of thugs and warlords. Yeah, they're doing terrible things, but desperate times sometimes calls for desperate measures. Monroe and Miles are no angels, either.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:51 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,365,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
I'm still not quite ready to totally hate the patriots/US government. They are the remnants of the last legitimately elected, Constitutional government - trying to regain control of the country from a bunch of thugs and warlords. Yeah, they're doing terrible things, but desperate times sometimes calls for desperate measures. Monroe and Miles are no angels, either.
I don't see it as there being a good side or a bad. The patriots are just as much survivors as the rest. Its a choice between your flavor of survivor.

If they did use the bombs, which seems likely, then the former US government may use the flag, but only as useful symbol.

If the society really does crumple like in the show, in twenty years its going to be survivors watching out for other survivors, and in a fractured society there are really no good guys.

Miles and Monroe are the sorts who acted when someone needed to act and went with the flow, Warlords are the usual first government after a collapse. They would have support too, so long as they kept the random dangers out of the way.

Failed warlords are likely to just be replaced with different warlords for some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV