Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,228,942 times

Advertisements

It's still just, smile at them while killing them. War is one thing but a continuing kill everyone mentality just is so flat and boring. I guess it reminds me of Soviet Union and China's political torture. Just kill because it's the party line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,901,278 times
Good show last night. "What's a boy band?" Best line of the series.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:49 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,290,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
It's still just, smile at them while killing them. War is one thing but a continuing kill everyone mentality just is so flat and boring. I guess it reminds me of Soviet Union and China's political torture. Just kill because it's the party line.
I see it as the village and the knights. Their world is very medieval in nature. You kill them they can't come back and go after you again. Not to mention a lot is personal.

Charlie's line in the episode week before when she tells her mother she just dreamed about getting her brother back and now she never will. Actually, by the time they did her brother was long, long gone.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,756,079 times
Everybody else should have gone with Rachel and Aaron but somebody has to stop the nuke.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 AM

92 posts, read 457,534 times
NBCs Pre-Emption For Boston Bombing Coverage Creates ‘Revolution’ Conundrum

NBC is the only broadcast network to pre-empt its regular primetime lineup tonight for coverage of today’s deadly bombings at the Boston Marathon. The Brian Williams-anchored news special at 10 PM replaces an original episode of NBC’s freshman drama Revolution, which will now air next Monday.

The Boston bombings were a national tragedy and any loss of innocents rattles to my core. But I have to say, I was disappointed that this show was pre-empted on the main network for more of the same coverage. While its still in its infancy, it can be a good show, and has been hurt with inconsistencies and hitting speed bumps from the network. My prayers are with anyone whose life was affected yesterday and losing out on a week's episode in the grand scheme of life is nothing, but it was disappointing to not have it on last night and the network throw it another speed bump.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:02 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,576,434 times
The season finale was pushed back a week as a result of being pre-empted, and will now air on June 3rd.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,283,467 times
My wife and I stopped watching. After watching Walking Dead we just couldn't get back into caring about what was going on.

Truth be told, I did like the first season, but it was too produced, Charlie was too annoying and it seems to border on a "comic book" reality. Which is ironic given that walking dead is based off of one, yet seems more "human."

I didn't care in the slightest when the boy died and although I like things to progress (which Revolution does have going for it) the characters are too shallow for me to care if they live or die.

Maybe if I'm bored and the season comes out on DVD I'll take a look again. But right now I've been watching too many great shows and have to cut something out.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:49 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,901,278 times
What has Revolution got to do with the Walking Dead? Two completely different shows on at two different days.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,283,467 times
My wife and I found that Walking Dead was just a better post apocalyptic story. Better dialog, better overall story/characters, more realism.

It just contrasts with the too pristine/fashionable, cast, and sub-par writing and character development of Revolution.

I liken it to eating a fine steak, but having a Big Mac afterword. Even though I like Big Macs from time to time, it isn't gourmet, and if you eat the one before the other, it's going to change your perspective.

Besides, I always thought the strongest parts of Revolution (like I've said near the beginning of this very thread) were the flashbacks showing the subsequent months after the black-out, when Miles would come across some thugs and have to deal with them, or the bearded guy's dilemma; leaving his wife.

Again, it's not like I'm above a show like Revolution, it's just my wife and I only have so much time for TV. And when immediately compared to "better" shows it doesn't hold up. Though on its own it's a fine and compelling story.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,290,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaGuy View Post
NBCs Pre-Emption For Boston Bombing Coverage Creates ‘Revolution’ Conundrum

NBC is the only broadcast network to pre-empt its regular primetime lineup tonight for coverage of today’s deadly bombings at the Boston Marathon. The Brian Williams-anchored news special at 10 PM replaces an original episode of NBC’s freshman drama Revolution, which will now air next Monday.

The Boston bombings were a national tragedy and any loss of innocents rattles to my core. But I have to say, I was disappointed that this show was pre-empted on the main network for more of the same coverage. While its still in its infancy, it can be a good show, and has been hurt with inconsistencies and hitting speed bumps from the network. My prayers are with anyone whose life was affected yesterday and losing out on a week's episode in the grand scheme of life is nothing, but it was disappointing to not have it on last night and the network throw it another speed bump.
I don't think I could have torn myself away from the real drama of the bombing to watch a tv show even if it had been on. And sure the cable news operations would carry it but not everyone had that option. I don't see a problem in waiting a week for the episode.

Friday Grimm and the NBC lineup was not broadcast either. They will be seen a week later. And in this age where people use all sorts of methods of viewing a show being missed doesn't matter so much. When we have large storms go through the state the regular lineup is pretty much dumped for weather reports and I don't hear anyone complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV