Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

BULL@#$
LOL, wish I could rep again, dyni!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,759,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Do you personally know any Tea Party members who voted for Bristol? I don't and I'm a hard core Republican.

No excuses. People like her because she's not show-bizzy and has no dance experience (other than her first run, which they've all had). They see her trying and improving. The End.
If you go on Sarah Palin's fan club websites like Teamsarah the top story is to go on DWS & vote for Bristol. Heck, even Sarah herself has fished for support of Bristol on her twitter/facebook!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:03 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,281,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
This thread should have been titled 'Bashing Bristol'! Obviously, she is not one of the best dancers but she is doing much better than she did the last time.

It is funny to me how everyone thinks it fine to bash Bristol because they don't agree with her mothers political affiliation. There have been much worse dancers on the show that never got this degree of hate. I bet she is laughing all the way to the bank.
She wasn't in their league on the regular show and now that everyone BUT her is past that on the all stars, she needs to be gone. She shouldn't have been picked in the first place since she is and was a lousey dancer. ABC added her for the publicity. They've got it. Time to dump her. That little you don't like me snit was the true little princess.

I'm almost ready to stop watching it until she's gone. I dvr it so as to fast forward past the yacking and I know the networds compile records of dvr use, so it would have some effect. At least she gets fast forwarded from now on.

ABC needs to devise ways to NOT let the 'viewer votes' for some idiot non dancer allow those who deserve to be there be kicked off. I personally would like to see them added as no more than two equilivants of the judges votes and announced.... I'd be happy if they just let the judges decide.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I disagree that Bristol should quit. As I said before, I don't think she is a great dancer but she was apparently asked to be on the show and I don't blame her for earning a living.

Not sure what Florence Henderson contributed to society but I would not be the one to judge whose contributions are more important. I just don't understand the hate for Bristol. The little bit I have seen of her seems to show a fairly decent person.

She doesn't seem to be very comfortable with the whole DWTS atmosphere but at 21, I doubt most of us would have been comfortable in that situation. I do admire her for stepping out of her obviously comfortable lifestyle and supporting herself and her son.
Big difference...

None of those mentioned, nor P Ditty, nor Cloris Leechman are there. Nor do they deserve to be. All stars should be limited to the final two only, with a 'left too soon' pick by each judge, as well as the voting being redone where it can't be skewed, certainly reducing the importance.

Extending her 20 minutes of fame be rigged schemes isn't a good way to teach yor kid either.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
At the end of the show, did ya see Bristol in the back with her pouty "awww" bottom lip out look? What a fake. Her eyes told she was not one bit sorry that two great dancers left because of her mother's minions. I would be embarassed if I were she.

When the crowd was booing after Helio go the boot, did you see Bruno doing the "keep it up" arm motion? I don't think it was a "calm it down" motion. I think the judges are getting pretty aggravated too. Carrie Ann with her comment to Bristol about needing more than one dimension in her face while dancing! Ha! Loved it. Maybe Paula Abdul will tell the truth next week. We can only hope.
The judges need to give her the really low scores she deserves and be honest that she isn't up to par. And let the audience not cheer the dance that doesn't deserve it.

When you watch it, make a list of the advertisers. Find their website and leave a comment that Dancing with the Stars is unfairly playing politics and you may not watch anymore.

Remember is you want a bristol-less show, aside from fast forward, all the performances are on you tube.

I think complaints should be going ABC's way as well.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:37 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,808,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
The judges need to give her the really low scores she deserves and be honest that she isn't up to par. And let the audience not cheer the dance that doesn't deserve it.

When you watch it, make a list of the advertisers. Find their website and leave a comment that Dancing with the Stars is unfairly playing politics and you may not watch anymore.

Remember is you want a bristol-less show, aside from fast forward, all the performances are on you tube.

I think complaints should be going ABC's way as well.

hit em where it hurts! I concur and will do my part

Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,461,394 times
Quote:

This may be the best idea of all. Complaining to ABC wont make a difference but letting the advertisers know how we feel may help. Thanks!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I love to watch them together. Kirstie seems to have the key to opening up the fun side of Maks' personality. He obviously really likes her and his temper mellows when she is his partner.

I agree, TFW, Kirstie is up front and she is also extremely humorous. That certainly must appeal to Maks. They are fun to watch both on and off the dance floor. For one thing, we never know what Kirstie is gonna' say.
I loved the Mick Jagger impression. He was really going for it. Kirstie isn't a great dancer but she is entertaining. She has a sense of humor. And yup, those Were tight pants.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM

884 posts, read 1,063,031 times
I was just upset to see Helio go last night....if he went I just think Bristol should have too. Just my opinion. All I'm going to say here is that regardless of Bristol's lousy dancing, political affiliations, etc. (I'm not the one to judge her on these things), but I will say this one thing: BRISTOL'S ATTITUDE AND EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN REALLY SUCKED! WALKING OUT ON YOUR PARTNER THAT'S TRYING TO HELP YOU IS UNACCEPTABLE!! SHE WAS A SPOILED BRAT AND UNPROFRESSIONAL!!! It made her pro partner look bad and also made me think less of her as a person.

Please send her home for the following reasons:

1) She can't dance
2) Her attitude sucks
3) She is a bad sport
4) She is not cooperating with her pro partner as she should
5) Ooops....did I already say SHE JUST CAN'T DANCE!!!

She did this all to herself, and whatever happened to the dance-offs for the bottom few. I didn't like them...but they sure would come in handy at a time like this with all stars...so the judges can make the final decisions.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,240,074 times
Quote:
I loved the Mick Jagger impression. He was really going for it. Kirstie isn't a great dancer but she is entertaining. She has a sense of humor. And yup, those Were tight pants.
LOL. I like Kirstie. She IS fun to watch.
About the list of dances for next week -- I didn't see The Polka or The Hula listed. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV