Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,589,244 times

Advertisements

With all due respect,
Spoiler
no she wasn't

I think Derek and Shawn are like the dream team! He can do anything with her and she's up for the challenge. She's athletic, graceful, daring, charming, cute, she's like the perfect partner for him and you can tell they are having a blast together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,306,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
with all due respect,
Spoiler
no she wasn't
lol

Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,587,525 times
I agree with fuzzy:

Spoiler
I didnt get to see Bristol dance but she had the second lowest score..two points below Kirstie. So she couldnt have been very good.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 PM

3,322 posts, read 5,609,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
about 1/3 of the way into the routine Karina lost her footing and went down on one knee.....but the judges were correct in that they do NOT score the professionals
Karina is one of the MOST professional and most dedicated dancers Ive ever watched....a Drama Queen she is NOT.

b.t.w.,,,,Bristol was ACTUALLY pretty good tonight
Thanks dynimagelv. I didn't see Karina slip at all. I thought maybe she was hurt at first when I saw her put her head in her hands. Glad Apolo got a good score because I think he did a great job!

I thought Bristol did pretty good too. She seems to be getting more confidence every week.

Emmett was a disappointment tonight but maybe it was just the style of dance.

I didn't care for Melissa and Tonys dance tonight - it seemed like they were trying to copy Derek and Shawn from last week.

Kelly and Val did pretty well but why did he carry her off the stage? Is she hurt or something? That seemed a little dramatic to me.

Shawn and Derek are so fun to watch and Gilles and Peta did a great job.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,587,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Kelly and Val did pretty well but why did he carry her off the stage? Is she hurt or something? That seemed a little dramatic to me.

I read that she broke her foot this week. I cant recall whether I read it here or on the internet while I was searching for reviews of tonight's dances -- but his carrying her off the stage was not just for drama.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,324,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I read that she broke her foot this week. I cant recall whether I read it here or on the internet while I was searching for reviews of tonight's dances -- but his carrying her off the stage was not just for drama.
Tom mentioned that Kelly had broken a toe just yesterday. That's why Val was carrying her.

I thought all of the dancers were great except Kirstie and Bristol.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,059,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I'm really not into the Palins but do feel bad that people seem to make fun and rip them apart. I feel bad for any child that hears a nation making fun of their mother and could understand how it might put the person on the defensive.
As far as dancing, I may very well be wrong but I thought it was judged on the person's improvement. Some of them are great when they start out.
A person should know their limitations and not bite off more than they can chew.
There is something wrong with the philosophy that we see in schools today that even the inept should be rewarded. Each of us have mental and physical limitations that restrict us. We cannot all be Olympic gold medal winners and some of us are wise enough not to ever try.

To many, the Palins, as many as we've seen in public, are irritating because they are not the real deal, but pretenders.

I think improvement is rewarded for those at the bottom of the heap, but that will only take a person so far. At the top should always be excellence.

I think Bristol, last night, looked very stiff. I think the judges over rated her, probably not wanting to look biased.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,059,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Loved Gilles, (Wish I was 20 years younger)...lol! Kelly was good even with a broken toe and Shawn and Derek nailed it too.
Yes. I also love Bollywood, which is so buoyant and positive. He did it well, not that I am a judge. I think, although fast, there is a very precise hand position and finger placement. It is a very exacting sort of dance.

I like happy or romantic or sexy dancing and do not understand hip hop and crump and the more modern dance at all. They often seem negative and hostile.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,589,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
A person should know their limitations and not bite off more than they can chew.
I think Bristol, last night, looked very stiff. I think the judges over rated her, probably not wanting to look biased.
I was astounded at the scores they gave her. My husband said somebody's paying them off! As far as not biting off more...I thought the point was to challenge yourself on this show, to better yourself. If she did a fair job, it's because she wanted only the easiest steps to learn. Mark even commented on it, that it was just the basics. So, for example, if you are in a singing competition and you decide you just want to learn the ABC song or Little Red Caboose, Chug Chug Chug, instead of, say, Do You Hear What I Hear? and you practice the ABC song or Little Red Caboose, Chug Chug Chug, every day for 4 to 5 hours per day, boy you betcha when the day comes to perform that song, you are going to do a decent job of it.

Look at the dance that Gilles did, those moves took strength and practice and desire, and it looked like they were dancing barefooted, but they probably had something on their feet. I mean, even Kirstie Alley tries to push herself, although I don't know that Maks would let her coast.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:15 AM

17,637 posts, read 39,429,818 times
LOVED the show last night! I even enjoyed Kirstie and Bristol - (although they are both still the WEAKEST dancers by far)

Shawn and Derek are adorable and UNMATCHABLE! My favorites by far. Sabrina's disco was AWESOME! I'm not really a big fan of hers, but she WOWED me last night. Also enjoyed Melissa's dancing. I don't much care for Emmitt, I don't think he dances much (if any) better than Kirstie or even Bristol.

Wonder who is going home.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV