Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:40 AM

30 posts, read 60,602 times

Advertisements

Why do the judges hold Bristol to a different standard than the other dancers? They claim they have to really wow them to get good scores during the All-Stars. So Bristol slacks off and tells Mark she isn't going to learn any hard steps, it's obvious she doesn't, and they reward her with 8s. Kristie got 7.5s and she puts in a performance every time despite her age, weight, and lack of great dancing skills.

Did you catch that they plopped Trig on Todd's lap for a photo op? He wasn't in the audience prior to that, so it's not that the camera just happened to pan over and catch them. They've been accused of exploiting their children before, especially Trig. I can understand Bristol's son being there, but was Trig put on camera just to boost Sarah's image? She's not running for office, is she?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,636,462 times
I'm watching a reply of last night's show on abc.com right now (love watching it with no commercials).

I noticed that, once again, the judges commented on how Bristol has improved. They dont say that about anyone else. Apparently "being improved" is the nicest thing they can say about her performance, which was (in my opinion) very stilted and stiff.

And I saw Trig in the audience and though the same thing as meadowrue: he's being used for more votes.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:10 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,353,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
With all due respect,
Spoiler
no she wasn't

I think Derek and Shawn are like the dream team! He can do anything with her and she's up for the challenge. She's athletic, graceful, daring, charming, cute, she's like the perfect partner for him and you can tell they are having a blast together!
AWWWW FUZZZZZ......this was the best dance she's EVER done.......[pistol I mean].....

Kirsties dance actually was better then judges gave her credit for .....plus she's fun to watch ....palin....not so much

Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I was astounded at the scores they gave her. My husband said somebody's paying them off! As far as not biting off more...I thought the point was to challenge yourself on this show, to better yourself. If she did a fair job, it's because she wanted only the easiest steps to learn. Mark even commented on it, that it was just the basics. So, for example, if you are in a singing competition and you decide you just want to learn the ABC song or Little Red Caboose, Chug Chug Chug, instead of, say, Do You Hear What I Hear? and you practice the ABC song or Little Red Caboose, Chug Chug Chug, every day for 4 to 5 hours per day, boy you betcha when the day comes to perform that song, you are going to do a decent job of it.

Look at the dance that Gilles did, those moves took strength and practice and desire, and it looked like they were dancing barefooted, but they probably had something on their feet. I mean, even Kirstie Alley tries to push herself, although I don't know that Maks would let her coast.
I agree with EVERYthing Fuzz.....just that I do think this was Bristols best dance ever......she would have looked good at my eight grade sockhop.....that being said....it WAS afterall a 6.5 worthy dance

NOW.....Kelly [I think] dancing barefoot with a broken toe was a mezmerizing dance to me.....and Kirstie is just more fun then a barrel of monkeys to watch .....

It WAS nice of Mark to Dummydown bristols dance so even SHE could look good .

Several of the dances, in my personal opinion, didnt belong here ....this is a ballroom competition and not "So you think you can dance."

Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowrue View Post
Why do the judges hold Bristol to a different standard than the other dancers? They claim they have to really wow them to get good scores during the All-Stars. So Bristol slacks off and tells Mark she isn't going to learn any hard steps, it's obvious she doesn't, and they reward her with 8s. Kristie got 7.5s and she puts in a performance every time despite her age, weight, and lack of great dancing skills.

Did you catch that they plopped Trig on Todd's lap for a photo op? He wasn't in the audience prior to that, so it's not that the camera just happened to pan over and catch them. They've been accused of exploiting their children before, especially Trig. I can understand Bristol's son being there, but was Trig put on camera just to boost Sarah's image? She's not running for office, is she?
DOGCATCHER of Ketchikan AK

Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM

Yes, Kirstie's dances are so much fun. I'd like to see her continue for that reason. I know she's in the bottom two dancers, score-wise, but a big part of dancing is entertainment.

Gilles' Bollywood dance was absolutely wonderful. He made it look so easy but there were a lot of difficult movements there.

Emmitt was really great, as well. It had to be hard for a man his size to perform such tender movements so smoothly.

Melissa's jitterbug was so energetic...so many exciting lifts. Her dancing was so professional and Tony's choreography was wonderful.

Shawn is just unbelievable. She's the best athlete ever on DWTS and she may be the best dancer, as well. Her gymnastics background gives her an edge in being so limber. I still love Emmitt but I think Shawn will win a second mirrorball.

For anyone who misses a show, here's the best link to watch replays. I was surprised that the replay of last night's show was ready for viewing here so early today:

Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com

Old 10-16-2012, 04:38 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,423,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowrue View Post

I really liked Kirstie's charleston. It wasn't in the league with the other dances, but she did a good job and she was entertaining. Her face in animated, and she is enjoying herself. That immesarably adds to the dance. Should she win the mirror ball? No. But she knows she won't. I will admit to seeing only the last half of Bristol, but it was a nice fifties dance but didn't seem to have the joy. She didn't deserve those scores.

I'm torn with Apollo's praised hip hop performance, but I detest hiphop and wouldn't be able to tell. The Baliwood was extraordinary and the contemperary was awesome, especially with a broken toe. Even if I don't like the style, I can see Apollo put in the time and the work and did the hard stuff. I think for the first time they announced that the viewer voting is half. Since its about more than popularity, that should be no more than a quarter.

If someone other than Kirste or Briston goes, I just may watch the rest of it on utube minus lapalin.

And her attitude doesn't appear to come from dad. I watched Stars with Stripes first our of curiosity, and with two of the more macho stars freezing up on the jump and being rescued, it got interesting. Her father did well or middling, depending on circumstances. When he didn't he didn't do histronics. He shrugged it off. When he got eliminated, he shrugged that off too. But that show could teach DWTS a few things. They competed for their charities. I'm sure they got paid base reality show pay, but they were doing it to benefit someone else... They also won or lost by the competiton, not by viewers.

I call this show Dancing with the Celebrities, since none of these people, especially not Bristol, are *stars*.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,423,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I agree with EVERYthing Fuzz.....just that I do think this was Bristols best dance ever......she would have looked good at my eight grade sockhop.....that being said....it WAS afterall a 6.5 worthy dance

NOW.....Kelly [I think] dancing barefoot with a broken toe was a mezmerizing dance to me.....and Kirstie is just more fun then a barrel of monkeys to watch .....

It WAS nice of Mark to Dummydown bristols dance so even SHE could look good .

Several of the dances, in my personal opinion, didnt belong here ....this is a ballroom competition and not "So you think you can dance."
Maybe there ought to be a set degree of difficulty in their dances. This would quickly prune out the ones who can look good at sock hop level but would fail miserably at the level the rest are seeking. Can you imaging Bristol attempting the Ballywood?

I get this was to give both pros and celebs on even ground out of their comfort zone. By that rock and roll shouldn't be there at all. Its far too common a dance to be out of the comfort zone for most.

I'd like to see Mark say no, we're doing a really hard dance this time and you are going to learn it without the emotional baggage. He's too much a pushover.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM

Show results:

Spoiler
Finally -- Bristol goes home!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:02 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,332,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Show results:

Spoiler
Finally -- Bristol goes home!
Thank you.

And I will make no further comment until everybody else has either watched for themselves or opened your spoiler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV