Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,636,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Kirstie's showing her age more this time around, don't ya think? Too bad she got herself chuncked up again. She wouldn't be having such a hard time like the first go-round. Maks is such great guy with her! They seem to bring out the best in each other. It's so nice to see Maks so relaxed.

I agree that Kirstie seems to be having a tougher time this season. I think she has the right to "chunck up" if she wants, though. Health issues aside, she shouldnt have to feel an obligation to be any particular size. And Maks is such a different person around her. There have been seasons where I didnt like Maks at all but Kirstie brings out the gentleness and fun in him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 01:29 PM

17,662 posts, read 39,526,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I agree that Kirstie seems to be having a tougher time this season. I think she has the right to "chunck up" if she wants, though. Health issues aside, she shouldnt have to feel an obligation to be any particular size. And Maks is such a different person around her. There have been seasons where I didnt like Maks at all but Kirstie brings out the gentleness and fun in him.
I agree. I actually like Maks this time (but other seasons I can't stand him!) Also, it's interesting to see the different chemistry (or lack of) between other partners. For instance, I don't think Apolo and Karina have ANY chemistry, but he was fantastic with Julianne. I think Derek and Shawn have chemistry off the charts and he brings out the best in her. I don't think Gille and Peta have that great a chemistry together, either. She is kind of manniquin-like.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree. I actually like Maks this time (but other seasons I can't stand him!) Also, it's interesting to see the different chemistry (or lack of) between other partners. For instance, I don't think Apolo and Karina have ANY chemistry, but he was fantastic with Julianne. I think Derek and Shawn have chemistry off the charts and he brings out the best in her. I don't think Gille and Peta have that great a chemistry together, either. She is kind of manniquin-like.

Agreed on all counts. Karina isnt doing Apolo any favors this season -- paired with someone else, he might be a contender but not with her. Shawn has grown into a lovely woman (inside and out) this year. Gilles is very good-looking, of course, but there's an iciness or standoffish-ness about him that, for me, offsets any "hotness".

Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,363,789 times
Quote:
Oh, I wasn't berating Kirstie for gaining the weight back, I mean I'm just sorry she did. I didn't like Maks either, until his and Kirstie's first time around. I thought of him as a snotty prima donna.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Oh, I wasn't berating Kirstie for gaining the weight back, I mean I'm just sorry she did. I didn't like Maks either, until his and Kirstie's first time around. I thought of him as a snotty prima donna.
I don't care about Kirstie's weight, I am just glad she isn't making a huge deal out of it this time around. Last time it really got old, especially with her huge lies about what size she wore (size 4? come on!) I think that is what put people off about her. So much better this time around, just having fun and doing the best she can with her dances. I have definitely been enjoying her a lot more this time even though she isn't a great dancer. I give her kudos for doing those cartwheels at her age and size! And yes, because of her I like Maks now (and I hated him before! LOL)

Old 10-25-2012, 05:42 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,092,436 times
Quote:
I still seem to notice Maks kind of shoving her along - she's hard to lead with all the weight. I believe extra weight is more of a psychological issue, frankly.

I think Kirstie's face looks her age at rehearsals, but is tightened up a lot on performance nights. I think she looks good then. How does she do that?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM

I noticed that too, goldengrain, about Kirstie's face looking better for the shows than in rehearsals. There's a product that can be applied to temporarily tighten up the face (for a few hours or so) -- it goes on in front of the ears and right below the browline. I've thought that she must use something like that.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM

23,054 posts, read 34,604,605 times
Quote:
I noticed that too, goldengrain, about Kirstie's face looking better for the shows than in rehearsals. There's a product that can be applied to temporarily tighten up the face (for a few hours or so) -- it goes on in front of the ears and right below the browline. I've thought that she must use something like that.
What is the product???? I need it!!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What is the product???? I need it!!!!

LOL!! It's a tape that makeup artists use on clients for special occasions. You can buy it at any shop that sells theatrical makeup. You might also be able to find it on the internet. It's called something like instant facelift.

There's also an isometric beauty band to lift and smooth sagging facial skin. It can apparently be purchased from most cosmetic supply houses.

I havent tried any of those products but I've read good reviews of them. I also read that many stars and actresses (and also actors) use them for red-carpet events.

There are also some creams that supposedly tighten the skin temporarily but I wouldnt put much trust in them.

EDITED TO ADD that I googled INSTANT FACE LIFE and found a lot of hits. Here's one that has good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Face-N.../dp/B004BVYT2Y

Old 10-26-2012, 07:28 AM

Yeah, I believe I even saw a picture of Kirstie once where that tape was showing. Her face without it and without makeup looks very old. All that yo-yo dieting can't be good for the skin, causes LOTS of sags and bags. Yup, it's true, Maks is getting a workout this season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV