Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 AM

14,341 posts, read 14,745,178 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking Kelly, maybe, hard to say though. I didn't vote wondering how difficult it was to get through on phone lines. I think they did say people could still vote this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 AM

17,659 posts, read 39,512,762 times
I wonder what Len has against Shawn, or is it Derek he doesn't like? He constantly underscores them. I enjoyed last nights show overall, but mostly because of the great country music which I love. Dances were OK-to-good, but nothing spectacular. Kirstie and Maks were WAY overscored by the judges. It's not really fair.

Emmitt's solo was a hoot!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,630,594 times
Thanks to everyone for the comments. Now I want to watch last night's show online so badly! I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning, though, since my sister is staying until tomorrow. I tried to tell her about DWTS but, since it's not on PBS, she's not interested.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,995,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Thanks to everyone for the comments. Now I want to watch last night's show online so badly! I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning, though, since my sister is staying until tomorrow. I tried to tell her about DWTS but, since it's not on PBS, she's not interested.
It was a good show and I actually got to be home to watch the whole thing!! I agree with others that Kirstie and Maks didn't really 'earn' that extra two points. It always amazes me how well they all do when they have to learn multiple dances during the week. I think Kirstie has improved a LOT this season but still not enough to win the prize.

My family and friends know NOT to disturb me on Mon. and Tues. nights. lol If they want to come over, fine, but they WILL have to watch with me...

Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 PM

5,124 posts, read 16,675,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I wonder what Len has against Shawn, or is it Derek he doesn't like? He constantly underscores them. I enjoyed last nights show overall, but mostly because of the great country music which I love. Dances were OK-to-good, but nothing spectacular. Kirstie and Maks were WAY overscored by the judges. It's not really fair...
Yeah, what's up with Len's scoring Derek's dances so low? I am a life-long country music fan. I did not like the music nor most of the choreography last night. So many people make country music seem so hokey. Last night's music and dances (for the most part) really didn't help. It seemed odd to see waltzs and a tango to country songs. It just seemed to be an odd night overall.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:10 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,182,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Yeah, what's up with Len's scoring Derek's dances so low? I am a life-long country music fan. I did not like the music nor most of the choreography last night. So many people make country music seem so hokey. Last night's music and dances (for the most part) really didn't help. It seemed odd to see waltzs and a tango to country songs. It just seemed to be an odd night overall.
I agree!

I f.f. most of it! Still had to watch the dancing though, except the group dance. Christy made it painful for me to watch.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,357,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I agree!

I f.f. most of it! Still had to watch the dancing though, except the group dance. Christy made it painful for me to watch.
You missed the fun dance, Sweetie Pie! Kirstie, not Christy, was okay but......

Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,301,992 times
I have been wondering if the judges know Kirstie needs high scores to keep her in the competition cause they know she is an entertainment draw for viewers.

Apollo's dance last night really was very enjoyable for me to watch with all the flowing.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:24 PM

3,322 posts, read 5,624,506 times
I thought Sabrina and Louie were incredible. I have never thought Sabrina was one of the top dancers but last night she proved it.

Apolo also did a great job. He said he has difficulty showing his emotions but he did last night and it really showed in his dancing.

I am pretty sick of Kelly and Val. She looks like she is bored to death. If he carries her up the stairs one more time I am going to puke.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:04 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,425,187 times
What about that massive kiss Val planted on Kelly at the end of the dance I've seen dances ending with kisses before, but this one was a little much. I generally love Val, but not this season, and I'm blaming it on his partner

Yeah, Kirstie and Maks were overscored - I agree.

Why was Louis crying?

Re Len and Derek/Shawn - it reminds me of when Len was so hard on Donald Driver (was it last season?), who worked so hard for the 10 from Len. He could be pushing Shawn the same way. She's riding the top of the Leaderboard, and he doesn't want her to get too comfortable there. That's what I think anyway. Or he could just be an ol' curmudgeon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV