Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM

884 posts, read 1,065,565 times

Advertisements

I really thought it was funny how Derek was worn out by Shawn Johnson after their crafty little dance. She is an athlete after all, and Derek joked about not being able to keep up with her. AWESOME MOMENT!

Another side note: What was that awful, horrid looking "thing" on top of Kym's head last night that sparkled like a jewel, but looked like doggy ears combined with a pilot cap? I'm sorry....that costume was horrid.

Anyhow....I'm still not liking Bristol or Kirstie.....may the worse of them go tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 01:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,353,223 times
I'd like to see Kristie stay,only b ecause she works so hard and does show improvement towards the end.....as she starts to drop her weight.....Bristol is....ok but boring

Old 10-02-2012, 04:55 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,423,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Neither Bristol nor Kirstie belong on this show - both are simply awful. Don't understand the tongue baths the judges give to Kirstie - she didn't even do any real dancing on that jive, and what she did was embarassingly bad. Worse than Bristol, IMO and that's not saying much.

Everyone else is great, this is a very entertaining show. I have trouble picking faves, but my top 3 are Gilles, Apolo and Helio, at least for right now.
I'm really astonished at the quality of week two dances, and can't wait until the later ones. Bristol was a whole lot better than before, but she still doesn't have it. And as much as I love watching Kirstie, since she puts so much pure joy in it, I don't think she's going to last.

The ones that won or lasted to the last few shows are the ones who really have the apptitude and had cued into it. Its the thing which seperates the 'really good dancers' in auditions who go home from the 'naturals' who get to see what they can learn. I'm afraid with this show they may be spoiling the audience which has grown increasingly expectant of better dancing each season. If next time its first timers the audience will notice all the flubs much more.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,636,462 times
Tonight there are two DWTS shows. The first one (on right now in CST) is a replay of the judges' favorite (aka defining) dance over the seasons for each star. The second one (coming on in an hour) is the results show.

According to the TV schedule, Kathryn Jenkins is supposed to perform during the results show. I presume that means she'll sing, although I'd like to see her dance again.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 PM

14,341 posts, read 14,750,152 times
I'm thinking Bristol might be the one to go, hard to say though, could be a surprise. I'm enjoying the All Stars but a few are missing that I would like to see, Kelly Osborne for instance. Joey and Kim are in jeopardy so far.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM

Those who dont like the preferential voting treatment that one "star" got in a previous season will not like tonight's results show at all.

Spoiler
Helio is in jeopardy and Bristol is safe.

Final Result:

Spoiler
Joey and Helio were the bottom two. Joey was sent home. I thought his farewell comments were very tacky.

Last edited by TFW46; 10-02-2012 at 08:10 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,804,621 times
I missed his comments so what did he say?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I missed his comments so what did he say?

He said that he really didnt care about staying or leaving...that he respects the judges' scoring but he doesnt care about it (he said that several times)...that he did this because he was having fun and, as long as he's having fun, he doesnt care what the judges think.

He may have said that to compensate for how bad he may really have been feeling, but it was in poor taste anyway. He repeated all his statements, especially how he didnt care, several times. But this is a dancing competition, not a having-fun competition, and his comments were just rude.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,896,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
He said that he really didnt care about staying or leaving...that he respects the judges' scoring but he doesnt care about it (he said that several times)...that he did this because he was having fun and, as long as he's having fun, he doesnt care what the judges think.

He may have said that to compensate for how bad he may really have been feeling, but it was in poor taste anyway. He repeated all his statements, especially how he didnt care, several times. But this is a dancing competition, not a having-fun competition, and his comments were just rude.
I agree. He may have not meant it to sound sour grapes but it did come off that way

Old 10-02-2012, 11:02 PM

44,780 posts, read 62,282,240 times
What's up with the voting, is it rigged. Bristol and Kirstie the worst 2 and yet on they continue on. Joey, well that's another matter and he probably did deserve to be booted. I thought Helio got a raw deal being in the bottom 3. Enjoyed Katerine and Placido's duet.
Oh well that's my take. It's after 12 were I am this moment, I'm traveling currently in the CST zone. Everyone should know the results by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV