Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times

Advertisements

Betty Broderick's story is an example of what happens when a woman's world revolves around her spouse and his career. It can be a fatal mistake. She identified only through him and when that was taken away - she saw nothing left. Happens everyday - and to many who never believe it could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Lots of women work their husbands way through med school and law school. Then stand by their husband's side as they build their practice ... have their children ... entertain and keep the home fires burning.

The years pass by and the money and prestige starts to roll in and hubby get's an itch. Then some sweet young thing comes along and it's downhill from there for the family.

If every woman this had happened to bought a gun and killed the hubby and trophy girlfriend/new wife our prisons wouldn't be able to hold them.

I worked for a large company long ago and watched a scenario like this go down. The young cute blond assistant went after one of the VPs. She got him too and destroyed a family (no murder involved.)

I think this desertion and betrayal still drives Betty Broderick, even to the point of her thinking 'I took care of them.' I do not believe she has let it go even though her ex and his trophy are both dead and gone. I am sure she has been in counseling since being incarcerated but it seems she still doesn't think she did anything wrong. She is still a badly troubled woman and proud of what she did otherwise she would humble herself, cry, apologize and show remorse ... even if it was an act and she was just putting on to get out of prison.

Yes she was screwed over big time but you can't go out and murder people.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Valid point. And I don't even think she has any remorse. But, in a very perverse way, I admire her immensely, she had some major cojones, to not let a man get away with treating her like a throw away object, like so many men do, when they find a new, younger, prettier wife. Society expects these older women to accept their lot in life, and gracefully accept whatever meager crumbs are thrown to them. A wife who demands a house, alimony, and additional money is viewed as a "bitter, psycho, borderline, mental case". Sure, maybe she is, because no one expects to be completely marginalized as a person.

Society accepts a man leaving his wife. How would a woman be treated if she left her spouse for a man 25 years younger? With scorn. Instead of admiration....there are "trophy wives", not "trophy husbands".

Betty deserves her prison sentence. I wonder if she would do it again, after everything...I honestly believe she would. Dan made her feel invisible. She wanted validation.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I think the reason her kids talk against her is because they were brainwashed by dan and his hoochie . I would think that her daughters would stand up for her because they could see the abuse being heaped on her by Dan and his hoochie . That hoochie was a money grubbing little tramp and she could not even type according to one of the secretaries in the firm that hired Dan . He supposidly let a woman who had worked as his secretary for 15 yrs go after Linda hoochie came into the picture . I wonder if her daughters and sons would talk against her if the same thing happened to them ?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think the reason her kids talk against her is because they were brainwashed by dan and his hoochie . I would think that her daughters would stand up for her because they could see the abuse being heaped on her by Dan and his hoochie . That hoochie was a money grubbing little tramp and she could not even type according to one of the secretaries in the firm that hired Dan . He supposidly let a woman who had worked as his secretary for 15 yrs go after Linda hoochie came into the picture . I wonder if her daughters and sons would talk against her if the same thing happened to them ?
You think this is he reason why? Or perhaps it is because she murdered their parent? He may have been a lot of things to Betty, but she chose him- he was and will always be their father, and she killed him. Perhaps that's why they talk about her. No brainwashing needed.

By the way - I think she would do it again without a moment's thought.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Betty B is a disturbed, crazy 'B'. The only person keeping Betty Broderick in prison wasting tax dollars is Betty Broderick, she has no regrets.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 PM

670 posts, read 905,600 times
Wow it's interesting to see how much support she still gets. I was living in So California when she murdered him, at the time there were people who sided with her. I can't say I would have done the same thing, but understand how must have felt.

Coincidentally I met her at CCWF in Chowchilla in1994.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:48 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Until Betty shows remorse for the crimes to the Parole Board she will not get out of prison.
Exactly. And what is wrong with this picture? She was, and probably still is, very angry at what they did to her. "They" is specific. I do not believe she is a danger to society, which is why we keep people behind bars. So why should she have to PRETEND to be sorry to get out on parole?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,510,564 times
There is a similiar case that happened in Florida. Jack and Linda Jones. Linda owned a business, hired a 17 year old assistant/helper whatever. The girl was kicked out by her parents, so Linda took her in. Jack took up with her! Linda hired some clients to fake a home invasion and had them kill Jack. I always think of BB when I hear of think of this case, and vice versa, because Linda resembles BB in appearance (both middle aged and same body shape/style).

Old 01-28-2013, 03:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Exactly. And what is wrong with this picture? She was, and probably still is, very angry at what they did to her. "They" is specific. I do not believe she is a danger to society, which is why we keep people behind bars.

So why should she have to PRETEND to be sorry to get out on parole?

Showing some remorse in essence is saying "I was wrong", narcissists are never wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime