Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 11:45 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,606,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

Believe me, unless you've known someone like this, you cannot imagine....
sick....scheming and she's gotten away with it all these years.
Sad, but you can bet she chose those perceived as weak and keep an upper hand. Its a bully mentality.

Its not the case with the Brodericks..

An abused women would've been greatful her husband moved on and a court awarded them 16k a month. They should all be as lucky. Shoot...she had a younger bf in between her scorned women episodes.

We've all had experiences; we didn't kill anyone and traumatized kids don't visit us in jail. She's a spoiled socialite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 02:14 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,606,020 times
Nanny Goat
Betty a masochist/victim type.

true Nan....All or Nothing.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,487,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I never thought that she was the "She Devil" that every one else did.

Right now I am watching "A Woman Scorned" on LMN, with my teem aged daughter.

Oprah had her fun with her in the late 80s. She is well hated by her children.

I think none of this needed to happen had she been not treated like junk and traded in for a newer, less well educated model.

Dan Broderick systematically destroyed his wile. Linda Kolkena was a gold digger. Nothing more.

So what do you think. Can someone be driven crazy? I think so.
We don't have any idea how she treated her husband. Don't have any idea what went on between the two of them.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:06 AM

28,976 posts, read 30,358,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Sad, isn't it? Dan seemed a strong narcissist and Betty a masochist/victim type. The perfect storm I guess. Neither could back off from their pathology that played out. Imagine what the kids went through.
yes, you gotta wonder?

the woman I stated, that I knew, her kids all grew up and married, and they were really nice kids, but they don't go home much....

Believe me, this woman has always scared me, I was placed in a situation, where I had to deal with her, even my attorney said, she was the most evil person he had dealt with to date....she pushes you to the point you want to have at her....honestly....

Old 04-30-2015, 08:18 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,930,971 times
Quote:
yes, you gotta wonder?

the woman I stated, that I knew, her kids all grew up and married, and they were really nice kids, but they don't go home much....

Believe me, this woman has always scared me, I was placed in a situation, where I had to deal with her, even my attorney said, she was the most evil person he had dealt with to date....she pushes you to the point you want to have at her....honestly....
OOH...I want details LOL

Just the few things ive read and seen, I get that impression. However was she always like this or did Dan drive her to this point. She probably had the potential from day one but I would bet Dan drove her to insanity, evil.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
OOH...I want details LOL

Just the few things ive read and seen, I get that impression. However was she always like this or did Dan drive her to this point. She probably had the potential from day one but I would bet Dan drove her to insanity, evil.
yeah, I'd been thinking about this thread for days, and still say, Betty shouldn't have done what she did, for the sake of her kids, but ya gotta wonder, especially after thinking about the woman I know....

what bothers me, is, the woman I know, got away with it....and she is still trying to drive me....however, someday, she will pay for her sins....so, I'm not her judge and I won't allow her in my life any longer....

But yeah, some people will push and push, and push, until they drive you to do things....and when it comes to my kid...don't you dare hurt him....while he's full grown now....and of course, she is all apologetic and such....and she still tries to hurt me...why? Out of pure jealousy....thats all it is, and to be a woman that scheming and hateful....well, all I've got to say is, thank God, I had the parents I had, there is no amount of money you could give me, to be like her....really a sick woman.

So, yeah, I could believe he and his girlfriend drove Betty over the edge....and if they did, wow, wouldn't want to be them, b/c eventually, Karma comes back to get ya.

boy could I tell you stories.....

Old 04-30-2015, 10:55 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,930,971 times
^
do tell do tell...he says as he leans forward in his seat lol

Old 05-01-2015, 07:18 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,496,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We don't have any idea how she treated her husband. Don't have any idea what went on between the two of them.
EXACTLY! Thank you. This was a marriage; it was personal and largely private. So many here seem content to just believe everything Betty has claimed about Dan, their marriage, and everything else. And why? Why are they so eager to find a way to justify her actions and place blame on Dan and Linda?

Old 05-01-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
EXACTLY! Thank you. This was a marriage; it was personal and largely private. So many here seem content to just believe everything Betty has claimed about Dan, their marriage, and everything else. And why? Why are they so eager to find a way to justify her actions and place blame on Dan and Linda?
Wait, I don't know what happened....what I do know is that Betty was wrong, period.....
and she was....

However, after thinking about it, I thought maybe her hubby and girlfriend drove her nuts....which could also very well be, or maybe a little of both....? Betty seemed pretty well rounded mentally in the beginning?
Some people, don't take well to emotional upheavals, and other people have the ability to nag, nag, nag, and say terrible things, that would even push the Pope to pulling his hair out....

Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,496,134 times
Quote:
Wait, I don't know what happened....what I do know is that Betty was wrong, period.....
and she was....

However, after thinking about it, I thought maybe her hubby and girlfriend drove her nuts....which could also very well be, or maybe a little of both....? Betty seemed pretty well rounded mentally in the beginning?
Some people, don't take well to emotional upheavals, and other people have the ability to nag, nag, nag, and say terrible things, that would even push the Pope to pulling his hair out....
But you're basing that on what Betty has claimed. To hear her tell it, she was the perfect little dedicated housewife unceremoniously dumped by Dan for a younger model, then tormented by them both. All of the evidence indicates it was the other way around. Multiple, documented incidents of stalking, vandalism, trespassing, harassing calls, etc; that was Betty. He did use every legal means to his advantage, but that's what everyone does in an acrimonious divorce. And I think she was unstable long before Dan left her. Can anyone blame him for wanting to get away from her?
I understand you agree she was wrong. My post wasn't directed at you, but there are people on this thread who have actually claimed Dan and Linda deserved what they got. It's truly sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime