Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,834,875 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how the grandparents out there feel about what they know about the Casey Anthony case and how her parents have reacted or are reacting, regarding the disappearance of their three year old granddaugher,Caylee Marie Anthony.

Last edited by Artsywoman; 09-09-2008 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 04:02 PM

904 posts, read 2,876,566 times
I am not a grandmother yet but you can bet your life that my mother would be out there looking for her grandchild. There would not be a bush in Orlando that she had not personally looked under. You can also bet that she would have killed me by now if I were pulling the crap that Casey is.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:25 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,643,789 times
It was likely Casey knew exactly what had happened even before those tests came back proving Caylee's body had been in the car. Now that they KNOW, why the heck are her parents still treating her like there's some sort of reasonable explanation? I mean, honestly, parental loyalty should never trump a child's life!

Why didn't they tell her to fess up or get out??

Old 09-09-2008, 08:34 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,073,283 times
If it were ME that were the Grandparent.......or the Parent for that matter and it was my MOTHER that was the Grandparent, I can tell you all HELL would have already broken loose. That girl would have been so far physically assaulted it would be BEYOND assault. Sorry.. just my thoughts. I woulda killed her. She WOULD produce my grandbaby one way or another. Hypnosis? Electrical Persuasion? Hot nails under the fingernails? I can assure you I am NOT kidding. And I don't even want to think about what my mother would do. OMG. Parental Loyalty? Yeah Right. I didn't say they should do it to her...but I know what I would do and what my mother would do to me.. OMG.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,342,035 times
I love my daughter throughly and am very loyal to her but if anything even remotely like this ever happened I myself would have turned her in and let them have her!! Thank God she is a wonderful daughter and parent!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:45 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,767,938 times
I have given this some thought and although painfull, I would not support any of my children if this happened in my family. Casey's mom seemed to relish the media attention and when she called Greta Van Sustern "sweetie" I think she lost all respect from Gretta. I think they are pure white trash.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,512,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I have given this some thought and although painfull, I would not support any of my children if this happened in my family. Casey's mom seemed to relish the media attention and when she called Greta Van Sustern "sweetie" I think she lost all respect from Gretta. I think they are pure white trash.
I have arrived at a similar conclusion.

I really believe I would have contacted authorities after the Father's Day incident which might have been too late but everything that happened after that is too bizarre. It is time to be finished with this family.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,779 times
No one but Casey knows what really happened. But I do know that Casey's behavior for someone who has "misplaced" her daughter is completely out of the ordinary. On June 20, Casey left a message on Kristinas myspace page saying "Hey girl! Long time! What's this about going to Canada? I miss you!" Now, tell me how your daughter comes up missing, and you are having conversation with someone about their trip to Canada?!? Something is not right. And I also agree that Casey's mother knew that she smelled a dead body. I have come across a dead body where I work (one of my residents at my apartment complex) and it would never have been mistaken as week old pizza. It is a very distinct smell and one that no other can even come close to. I feel bad for this family and for their loss. I can only pray that I am wrong and that Caylee will show up.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,643,789 times
The smell is no longer in question, as the lab confirmed there had been a decomposing body there, and also the presence of Caylee's DNA.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,382,278 times
I would not have gone more than a month without seeing my grandchild. After a day or two, I would have demanded to see her or reported that child missing. By all accounts, Casey Anthony has a problem with truth telling, and her family knows that. They share some responsibility in this travesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime